Notifications
Clear all

Tca Cross Frequency?

MemberMember
(@melell)

Posted : 02/22/2014 2:16 am

I have had great sucess with full face tca peels at 2 monthly intervals.

A few weeks ago I went ahead and tried the tca cross, and so far I do see some improvement.

I was wondering about frequency- on most threads I have read here and elsewhere- the general consensus seems to be at monthly intervals, or longer if possible, to allow for maximal collagen regeneration.

The study that everyone seems to mention, though, specifies that the results which were great, were a result of the procedure being done at fortnightly intervals.

I have really hardy skin that does heal very quickly. Using the tca 30% full facial peel I am completely finished peeling by day 4.

I would like to go ahead with the cross fornightly!

Does anyone know why, in the study, professionals carried it out so often? Or why it is really important not to do it so often?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@timelysprouts)

Posted : 02/22/2014 5:39 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2956965/

link is from a study and they did it at 2 week intervals since im guessing it heals better than a full peel

MemberMember
(@melell)

Posted : 02/22/2014 6:34 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2956965/

link is from a study and they did it at 2 week intervals since im guessing it heals better than a full peel

Thank you for that. One thing I did notice was how less intensive the cross is than the full face peel, hardly feel like I have done anything afterwards.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/22/2014 8:51 am

it takes 6 month to see full results so i wouldnt do it right after tca peel because even though it peeled its still not healed yet

MemberMember
(@melell)

Posted : 02/22/2014 9:00 am

it takes 6 month to see full results so i wouldnt do it right after tca peel because even though it peeled its still not healed yet

Just a bit confused with why the study would do it at two weekly intervals, and then note high % improvement over just a few months. Technically the first session wouldn't have even healed yet.

I find it a bit odd because in the study (if it is reliable) this was preformed by professionals, so those would be the professional guidelines?

MemberMember
(@timelysprouts)

Posted : 02/22/2014 9:17 am

Just a bit confused with why the study would do it at two weekly intervals, and then note high % improvement over just a few months. Technically the first session wouldn't have even healed yet.

I find it a bit odd because in the study (if it is reliable) this was preformed by professionals, so those would be the professional guidelines?

yeah pretty much anything on ncbi is pretty legit and the most ive heard in between cross is 1 month intervals not 6months maybe for a deep tca peel 6 months

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/22/2014 3:27 pm

yeah pretty much anything on ncbi is pretty legit and the most ive heard in between cross is 1 month intervals not 6months maybe for a deep tca peel 6 months

im saying it takes 6 full months to see complete results of collagen production for a tca cross but you can do it at a 1 month interval but just saying i would wait for atleast 2 months to do another

i did a test spot tca spot at the ps and it took 21 days to see a 70% improvement on my deepest ice pick and you know when its all healed when the tca cross spot doesnt have red marks anymore

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 02/22/2014 4:03 pm

i get it done every 8 weeks

MemberMember
(@melell)

Posted : 02/22/2014 7:24 pm

I do for sure understand the premise, and agree that waiting longer is beneficial. But still don't quite understand why in this study they would do it fortnightly and reference such drastic improvements.

That just makes me think that doing it frequently isn't counterproductive at all.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/22/2014 7:49 pm

Just curious, what has been your experience with the full face TCA peels? Did you use them for scars?

MemberMember
(@melell)

Posted : 02/22/2014 8:29 pm

Just curious, what has been your experience with the full face TCA peels? Did you use them for scars?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/338982-tca-and-derma-stamp-before-and-after-pics-included-warning-advice/

Here is my thread from yesterday with my use of tca full face. I use 30% solutions, and have had one done by a derm, the rest I did for myself. And yep, for scars/texture

MemberMember
(@timelysprouts)

Posted : 02/24/2014 8:12 pm

Just read your other topic never heard of someone using tca cross simultaneously with a tca peel but I don't think it should be a prob as long as the cross didn't spill to to much surrounding skin. After a tca peel DO NOT use any exfoliators even light ones for about 3-4weeks after its healed and be sure to put a crap load of bacterin/polysporin on top of peeling skin or you'll be way more likely to havehyperpigmentation(don't use Neosporin made me break out) I have experience with 25% tca peel and have 2 long lasting hypopigmentation spots on my cheek from 6months ago because I did a 17% peel 3 weeks after the 25% also in the past if I only put moisturizer after the peel and not bactirin/polysporin my skin would heal with a grey undertone that would last for about 2 months after the peel

MemberMember
(@melell)

Posted : 02/24/2014 9:32 pm

Thanks timely. Yeah I will make sure I leave a decent amount of time between. I am going to stop the full face tca peels until I am finished with the tca crosses. I was thinking I will still to the bha/aha light peel every month or so instead.

Hopefully this will work out well.

Thanks again!