Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just be smart about tanning, dont try to get dark too fast,

I always tan for like only 5 minutes for the first few weeks,

It sets a nice base tan and I dont damage my skin.

Believe it or not, it was my old derm who suggested that I start tanning 3 times a week for 5 minutes, not for the tan, but becouse UV in small doses helps with inflamation.

Yeah my derm suggested that I start going to a tanning salon.. because it would help with inflamation of current zits and make redmarks look better.

Tanning will always make acne prone skin look better. But after doing it for quite a few years, I find that because it's only a temporary solution, it can become kinda 'addictive' actually. I found myself using tanning as my acne treatment. Not sure what your routine is or anything, but I'd suggest finding a product that clears your acne, and use a tanning bed/sun with that. Just my .02

Tanning will definitely make your skin look better. Just remember that sun damage is cumulative so being moderate with your tanning does not make it any safer.

One of my friends who has mild acne started going to a tanning salon and his skin looks sooooo much better now.. you really have to look closely to notice his redmarks n stuff.

One of my friends who has mild acne started going to a tanning salon and his skin looks sooooo much better now.. you really have to look closely to notice his redmarks n stuff.

Just be careful it's hard to keep yourself from going more, since the more you go, the better your skin looks. Somtimes I'd end up going 5 times/week and I have really mild acne. Then again, I just don't burn.

its true i went tanning for three weeks and my face cleared up after i stoped going my face broke out same as always. im going today and i rather get skin  cancer when im 40 than have this fckin acne so ill just go 2 or 3 times a week for rest of my life i guess,, it works at least.