Notifications
Clear all

Moisturiser For Acne Prone Skin?

MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 02/20/2014 11:34 pm

Dear all,

I have mild acne ( mostly closed comedonal ones ) and combination skin ( oily T-zone but my cheeks are normal to oily ) What kind of moisturiser would be suitable for me?
I'll prefer something that is

-Oil-free

-Non-Comedogenic

would be better if it is fragrance and parabens free.

Also, would moisturiser break you out? Since I'm quite prone to it :/ Thats why I hesitate when it comes to trying new stuffs.

Please help! I'll totally appreciate it. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 02/20/2014 11:59 pm

You can use moisturizer, specifically one meant for your skin type

The only moisturizers I've ever used (I have combination oily too) were the MAC face and body lotion and Acne.org's moisturizer

MAC's moisturizer was pretty good, it didn't make me look red in the face or get oily, but Acne.org's moisturizer might not be the best for our skin type because it makes me so oily and red in the middle of the day

But did you know that using a moisturizer can actually decrease the oil your face makes?

I cleared up so much when I started using a moisturizer(the MAC one) just because my face didn't have to make extra oil for the natural oil that I lost washing from my face

Just try to get a moisturizer with no comedogenic ingredients, no oil, and no alcohol

I have my eye on Trader Joe's Antioxidant moisturizer because it has pure ingredients and it is a good price

I've tried it before, and it works good

I think that you just need to look at the labels on moisturizers, and you can find a pretty good one for cheap

So remember, make sure that it is non-comedogenic, so that you don't break out, has no alcohol, so that it doesn't make your face overly dry and red, and no oil, because you don't need more oil on your face, and you should be good to go!

Sorry that I can't offer you any specific ones, because I haven't found the perfect one for me yet

But then again, I've only tried about 3 different ones, so I have the world's worth to try before I can find the best one

Hope I helped, and good luck on your search!

MemberMember
(@linpasta)

Posted : 02/21/2014 12:15 am

Thank you! I have been considering simple hydrating light moisturiser and neutrogena water boost gel, have you or your friends tried any of these?

MemberMember
(@ilovegod)

Posted : 02/21/2014 5:16 pm

Jojoba oil will make a difference. did for me though.

I will also suggest cetaphil moisturizer with spf 30. these 2 never broke me out.

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 02/21/2014 10:04 pm

Jojoba oil. I know it sounds weird, because it's an oil, but it mimics the natural oil produced by your skin so won't clog pores. I mix a few drops with Dan's moisturizer, but you could probably use it with any moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 02/24/2014 11:54 pm

Thank you! I have been considering simple hydrating light moisturiser and neutrogena water boost gel, have you or your friends tried any of these?

No, but my two of my friends do use a moisturizer from Neutrogena, and they really like it

I guess since it's a good company, it might be a good product

I went ahead and did some research on the neutrogena water boost gel, and it looks like its a great product, some reviews are on this website

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemId=142994

Jojoba oil. I know it sounds weird, because it's an oil, but it mimics the natural oil produced by your skin so won't clog pores. I mix a few drops with Dan's moisturizer, but you could probably use it with any moisturizer.

Jojoba oil is great, especially if you are using an acne product that dries out your face

i like to mix it with my moisturizers, too

MemberMember
(@vivids)

Posted : 02/28/2014 1:19 pm

I have super sensitive and acne prone skin. I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It also comes in a lotion version for dry skin, but I think you're better off with the gel version. It never broke me out and it's pretty light.