Notifications
Clear all

Still Haven't Found A Way To Subdue My Acne...especially On Forehead.

MemberMember
(@phont)

Posted : 02/20/2014 7:08 pm

To start with, I have oily skin I believe.

My forehead at this point is just a cluster of little tiny red bumps everywhere and I don't know how to fix it.

I get minor breakouts everywhere but my forehead has been the worst thus far.

I've tried salicylic scrubs, 10% benzoyl peroxide washes, cetaphil daily cleanser, etc.

Nothing I use seems to work and I don't know what kind of acne is on my forehead for it to be in little clusters and spread out everywhere.

I've tried multiple moisturizers but all leave my face feeling greasy and just leads to more breakouts.

I can't afford a dermatologist and it's just making me want to give up.

post-374281-0-32512900-1392941180.jpg

post-374281-0-32512900-1392941180.jpg

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/20/2014 7:59 pm

Washes won't do much because they're washed off.

Have you tried any leave-on treatments that have salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or both?

MemberMember
(@phont)

Posted : 02/20/2014 9:00 pm

Which kind would you recommend? I hear glycolic acid could be harsh.

I need something that will work for oily skin.

I don't use any mask products.

Right now I'm using the cetaphil daily cleanser and am trying this noxzema daily scrub that has 1% salicylic acid in it and occasionally put on some benzoyl peroxide 10% if the area is bad or for a pimple then use cetaphil daily moisturizer but even THAT makes my skin feel oily after.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/20/2014 9:16 pm

Right now I'm using the cetaphil daily cleanser and am trying this noxzema daily scrub that has 1% salicylic acid in it and occasionally put on some benzoyl peroxide 10% if the area is bad or for a pimple then use cetaphil daily moisturizer but even THAT makes my skin feel oily after.

Glycolic acid above 10% can produce irritation.

Alpha Hydrox has a few glycolic acid products in the 8% to 10% range. They have one for oily skin.

Neutrogena has a 2% salicylic acid lotion, which is good for moderately oily skin provided that you don't apply too much. A little less than a dime-sized amount will do.

The Noxzema scrub probably isn't helping much, because it's still washed off and only has 1% salicylic acid.

You can still try to spot (or area) treat on your forehead if you'd like. Be careful though, as it might produce more irritation and redness if you go with salicylic acid and/or glycolic acid.

Also, you should use SPF 30+!

MemberMember
(@phont)

Posted : 02/21/2014 8:17 am

Glycolic acid above 10% can produce irritation.

Alpha Hydrox has a few glycolic acid products in the 8% to 10% range. They have one for oily skin.

Neutrogena has a 2% salicylic acid lotion, which is good for moderately oily skin provided that you don't apply too much. A little less than a dime-sized amount will do.

The Noxzema scrub probably isn't helping much, because it's still washed off and only has 1% salicylic acid.

You can still try to spot (or area) treat on your forehead if you'd like. Be careful though, as it might produce more irritation and redness if you go with salicylic acid and/or glycolic acid.

Also, you should use SPF 30+!

The alpha hydrox is a skin mask or what is it exactly?

I could try the Neutrogena, but I don't know if my skin just hates salicylic acid or not. I'll have to look into it more.

Also, my forehead didn't start breaking out like this until after I plucked my eyebrows in the center, which then caused non-painful bumps containing white pus.

Could my forehead just really be a bacterial infection of the skin?

6 months ago, I could just use cetaphil cleanser in the morning and 10% bp at night and put on only vitamin e/cocoa butter lotion and my face was perfectly fine.

I'll look more into the products you've listed, though.