Notifications
Clear all

I Have No Idea What This Is Anymore

MemberMember
(@darthmaulface)

Posted : 02/20/2014 5:01 pm

been battling acne or a sort of redness for a while now, i'm at a sort of high point in it, but i've never been able to fully clear my face from whatever it is that's making my face red

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 02/20/2014 8:24 pm

My face is similar. I blame it on being fair skinned, years of harsh acne products, and Accutane.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/20/2014 8:37 pm

Do you two have a history of rosacea in the family? It more often occurs in females, but men still get it.

MemberMember
(@darthmaulface)

Posted : 02/20/2014 9:16 pm

My face is similar. I blame it on being fair skinned, years of harsh acne products, and Accutane.

that could be a possibility for my face, i basically spent a year trying all sorts of stuff that didn't do a thing, then just recently i've found a sort of routine that works for me, has yours cleared up any? and yes i'm quite pale too, i'm sure that doesn't help

Do you two have a history of rosacea in the family? It more often occurs in females, but men still get it.

my mom doesn't really have it, and my dad definitely doesn't, the most the rest of my family will get is sort of mild acne when we're stressed, so i'm a little confused

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/20/2014 9:18 pm

that could be a possibility for my face, i basically spent a year trying all sorts of stuff that didn't do a thing, then just recently i've found a sort of routine that works for me, has yours cleared up any? and yes i'm quite pale too, i'm sure that doesn't help

>Do you two have a history of rosacea in the family? It more often occurs in females, but men still get it.

my mom doesn't really have it, and my dad definitely doesn't, the most the rest of my family will get is sort of mild acne when we're stressed, so i'm a little confused

Is the redness the same on your other cheek? I have a reddish face, too, but it's because of my pale skin.

MemberMember
(@darthmaulface)

Posted : 02/20/2014 9:22 pm

>Do you two have a history of rosacea in the family? It more often occurs in females, but men still g

et it.

Is the redness the same on your other cheek? I have a reddish face, too, but it's because of my pale skin.

it seems that way, but i'm not entirely sure, here's a picture of the other side, with a nice fat zit in the center hahaha

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/20/2014 9:31 pm

>Do you two have a history of rosacea in the family? It more often occurs in females, but men still g

et it.

it seems that way, but i'm not entirely sure, here's a picture of the other side, with a nice fat zit in the center hahaha

I'd think it's a good idea to wear sunscreen. Sun damage can often cause or worsen redness.

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. Try to get your acne under control first before you pursue treatment. Pulsed dye lasers work well for reducing redness. 😉

MemberMember
(@darthmaulface)

Posted : 02/20/2014 9:35 pm

et it.

I'd think it's a good idea to wear sunscreen. Sun damage can often cause or worsen redness.

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet. Try to get your acne under control first before you pursue treatment. Pulsed dye lasers work well for reducing redness.

well i thought the acne was mostly under control, there's a few zits here and there, but the redness sticks out the most

and sadly i don't have the money for those kind of treatments 🙁

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/20/2014 9:46 pm

Try sunscreen! Redness can fade on its own to some extent. Of course, that depends what causes it. But you can prevent more redness from appearing.

Use SPF 30+ and follow directions. Physical sunscreens with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are probably the best. Follow directions.

And yes, winter doesn't save you from sun burn. Snow reflects UV light, clouds don't stop much, and windows don't save you either.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 02/20/2014 9:50 pm

What are you using on your face right now for your acne?

MemberMember
(@darthmaulface)

Posted : 02/20/2014 10:28 pm

What are you using on your face right now for your acne?

i was using ceraVe foaming facial cleanser then a neutrogena spot treatment gel, followed by the ceraVe moisturizing lotion, it took away a huge outbreak i had in about four days, i was really pleased by it

Try sunscreen! Redness can fade on its own to some extent. Of course, that depends what causes it. But you can prevent more redness from appearing.

Use SPF 30+ and follow directions. Physical sunscreens with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are probably the best. Follow directions.

And yes, winter doesn't save you from sun burn. Snow reflects UV light, clouds don't stop much, and windows don't save you either.

ah i've never been one for sunscreen, but it's never had this effect on me either!

thank you for the advice, i'll look into that for sure

MemberMember
(@pankman)

Posted : 03/22/2014 8:59 pm

Have you considered that it might be keratosis pilaris rubra faceii?

MemberMember
(@breegee)

Posted : 08/02/2014 11:03 pm

Did you figure out what was it ?

i have the same condition .... Im a female please help

MemberMember
(@13-going-on-30)

Posted : 08/02/2014 11:31 pm

Your face is not bad:) looks pretty control in my opinion.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/11/2014 8:58 am

This is my skin. Always broken out. Always oily. Always red and inflamed. Nothing works.