Notifications
Clear all

Got My Food Sensitivity Test Results

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/19/2014 12:26 pm

Yup, got my MRT test results and there were couple shockers.. Everything that was green was good, yellow was moderately reactive and red was bad.

Red ones were: cashew, cheddar, green pepper, pecan and MSG

Yellow ones were: almond, black pepper, capsaicin, cauliflower, celery, corn, grapefruit, green pea, honey, hops, leek, mushroom, mustard, oat, orange, peanut, pear, pistachio, rice, scallop, spelt, tapioca, whey, yellow squash and yogurt.

I'm shocked that rice was almost red, what the hell. Cow's milk, cottage cheese, beef and pork are very good foods for me, absolutely no reaction to those.

Any thoughts?

OMG, I just realized that I'm very sensitive to MSG, maybe that's the reason for all my problems! I did the MRT test, it is the best food sensitivity test in the world, very reliable, costs 778 US dollars.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/19/2014 12:49 pm

I got my allergy test like a year ago or so. I had sooo many high and medium sensitivities. Milk (dairy), oats, Almonds, Soy, All citrus fruits, peaches, bakers yeast, tomatos, cat, a bunch of trees, and weeds, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. and im lactose intolerant. After i found out i was like wah dah fuq am i supposed to eat? paper? I learned to live with it and i can easily walk around the market and tell what i can and cannot have and which foods have ingredients im intolerant to. I eat very simply. Like i love cereal with milk but i cant have milk so i just have cereal with a cut banana init so the moisture from the banana makes it almost feel like milk (im weird). And i love oatmeal but cant have oats which sucks the big one because everything has oats!

Last week i went to a cafe with a buddy and i decided it was a wonderful idea to get a latte.... oh my goodness that was such a horrible idea. I felt like my insides were blowing up and i wanted to puke.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/19/2014 1:06 pm

just a note a lot of those tests aren't very accurate. i had a test done last year and i had high reactions to like 50 different things which is insane! i ate that way for a while trying to clear my acne but my skin only got worse and i lost 10 pounds which for a thin person is not good. i was so stressed out about what i could eat so then i saw my primary care physician who told me that he used to do those tests in his office and every single person ended up having so many allergies that it was ridiculous.he said after years of being a doctor he realized that the only way to tell is for you to eat a food and see how you react afterwards. now for gluten they can do a biopsy but those blood tests and prick tests are just a wash of cash. if you google those tests you will see so many studies saying how inaccurate they are its crazy! i wasted like $400 so it really made me angry!

more info here:

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/food-allergy-testing

If you suspect a food intolerance, try keeping a detailed food and symptom journal for two weeks that includes times, foods, portion sizes, and any symptoms experienced. Then, bring your journal to a gastroenterologist or registered dietitian who can evaluate the relationship between the timing of your symptoms and food(s) eaten. If a food intolerance is suspected, you may be referred for a breath test (if available) or systematic elimination diet of suspected culprits. It may take some detective work, but getting a reliable answer to your question will help you avoid only the foods necessary to feel your best.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/19/2014 1:42 pm

Ive already kept a journal and everything that they said ive had reactions to so mine was pretty spot on. The reason i originally went was because citrus fruits and oats bothered me.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/19/2014 2:37 pm

Ive already kept a journal and everything that they said ive had reactions to so mine was pretty spot on. The reason i originally went was because citrus fruits and oats bothered me.

thats great!! i tried to keep a journal but never noticed any reactions after eating anything so when i got those test results back i couldnt believe it but i hoped in a way that was what was causing it so that i would clear up. i went on spiro after that and it really helped me out so i guess mine was just a hormone thing.

good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/19/2014 5:44 pm

So it includes the whey that you said caused a break out when you stop taking it.

Also, it's odd that Cheddar is a red, but no other cheeses, not even in the moderate category? IS cheddar where you come from white/yellow, or do they color it orange with Annato?

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/20/2014 1:29 am

So it includes the whey that you said caused a break out when you stop taking it.

Also, it's odd that Cheddar is a red, but no other cheeses, not even in the moderate category? IS cheddar where you come from white/yellow, or do they color it orange with Annato?

I'm not a cheese eating guy, so I don't even know what cheddar looks like.. I have been eating whey for years with every meal but it was just barely over the green mark, so it is just mildly reactive for me. Cauliflower and rice was almost red and I have been eating those often. I have to say that olive was the most mild reaction for me out of everything and I have been eating olive oil for years about four tablespoon a day so olive oil is definitely a great product! I think the most important thing for me is avoiding MSG. I have been googling the foods that have MSG but the results are quite controversial .

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 02/20/2014 12:11 pm

It's important to remember that sensitivities to these foods might not be the cause of your problem, but rather an outcome. For example; whey might be causing damage to your intestinal lining, allowing other food particles to enter your blood, thus prompting an immune reaction.

It's possible that there's a bacterial byproduct in the cheese he's reacting to, that would be my first guess. I'm apparently sensitive to cottage cheese, but much less so to other dairy (I haven't had cottage cheese in years, but I suspect there's a bacteria used to ferment it that is common to another type of cheese I eat).

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/20/2014 1:33 pm

It's important to remember that sensitivities to these foods might not be the cause of your problem, but rather an outcome. For example; whey might be causing damage to your intestinal lining, allowing other food particles to enter your blood, thus prompting an immune reaction.

It's possible that there's a bacterial byproduct in the cheese he's reacting to, that would be my first guess. I'm apparently sensitive to cottage cheese, but much less so to other dairy (I haven't had cottage cheese in years, but I suspect there's a bacteria used to ferment it that is common to another type of cheese I eat).

I don't believe that there's any damage to my intestinal lining because I didn't have that many bad reactive foods, just normal amount..

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 02/20/2014 3:33 pm

I don't believe that there's any damage to my intestinal lining because I didn't have that many bad reactive foods, just normal amount..

I think most cases of food sensitivities arise from damage gut lining. I just got my second round of tests done a couple days ago (first round was 2 years ago) and all of my sensitivities were drastically reduced; I had nothing at all in the red, and many of my sensitivities from before have become 0. So ideally, we would have none at all.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/20/2014 11:35 pm

I think most cases of food sensitivities arise from damage gut lining. I just got my second round of tests done a couple days ago (first round was 2 years ago) and all of my sensitivities were drastically reduced; I had nothing at all in the red, and many of my sensitivities from before have become 0. So ideally, we would have none at all.

Your sensitivities were drastically reduced because after the first test you propably started to eat many different foods that are good for you and less or none of those bad ones. All the red ones that I had were the ones that I haven't ever eaten, except MSG.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 02/21/2014 9:48 am

Your sensitivities were drastically reduced because after the first test you propably started to eat many different foods that are good for you and less or none of those bad ones. All the red ones that I had were the ones that I haven't ever eaten, except MSG.

Yeah, that's part of it. But I had red/orange sensitivities to things like buckwheat, oysters, lobster, and pinto beans as well, none of which I had ever eaten before. These were also reduced

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/21/2014 11:42 am

I'm very excited to see if my new diet has any effects on my terrible birch allergy. I'm going to try to survive next summer without any allergy medications. Also I would be so f*cked if I would have listened to other peoples advices on here that you should just keep food diary and start with eating just hypo-allergenic foods like rice. And as it turned out, I have quite bad reaction to rice so I would have been very F*CKED!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/22/2014 7:49 pm

I agree that some sensitivities can be caused by conditions such as leaky gut, IBS, candida, or other gastrointestinal/ gut flora issues. If you have any symptoms for leaky gut or any of the other possibilities, then you could try to fix that first and hopefully you'll be able to tolerate more foods. That's what I am doing. I started with a strict elimination/ low histamine diet, and now I have added more foods I couldn't tolerate before.

Cashews seem to be common triggers though for many people. My allergist didn't even test for those, and one day I randomly had cashews after many years and my throat began to close up.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/24/2014 2:47 pm

hey i was wondering if anybody can answer this question for me. so when i had my testing for food allergies (i went to a wellness doctor that is very well known in my area) he gave me a list that said what i was and wasn't allergic to and then sold me a bunch of supplements. anyway shrimp was not on the list but the last time i ate it, i had the worst hives i wouldnt even call them hives they were like welts all over my face, shoulders and chest. the last thing that blew up were my lips it was really really bad. my primary care told me that i had an allergy and said that if i ever ate shrimp again i could die because it tends to get worse each time. i have epi-pens incase i do accidentally eat shrimp so if the tests are legit why did it say i wasnt allergic to it? that is the part i cant figure out.

MemberMember
(@sdr-wellnesscoach)

Posted : 03/04/2014 8:12 pm

hey i was wondering if anybody can answer this question for me. so when i had my testing for food allergies (i went to a wellness doctor that is very well known in my area) he gave me a list that said what i was and wasn't allergic to and then sold me a bunch of supplements. anyway shrimp was not on the list but the last time i ate it, i had the worst hives i wouldnt even call them hives they were like welts all over my face, shoulders and chest. the last thing that blew up were my lips it was really really bad. my primary care told me that i had an allergy and said that if i ever ate shrimp again i could die because it tends to get worse each time. i have epi-pens incase i do accidentally eat shrimp so if the tests are legit why did it say i wasnt allergic to it? that is the part i cant figure out.

What lab did the testing? It's all these upstart labs that give sensitivity testing a bad rap. I use 1 lab only which just happens to be the top lab in the U.S.

Ps... I'm a Wellness Coach and and I don't recommend any supplements. When you clean up your diet you won't need to take any.

Yup, got my MRT test results and there were couple shockers.. Everything that was green was good, yellow was moderately reactive and red was bad.

Red ones were: cashew, cheddar, green pepper, pecan and MSG

Yellow ones were: almond, black pepper, capsaicin, cauliflower, celery, corn, grapefruit, green pea, honey, hops, leek, mushroom, mustard, oat, orange, peanut, pear, pistachio, rice, scallop, spelt, tapioca, whey, yellow squash and yogurt.

I'm shocked that rice was almost red, what the hell. Cow's milk, cottage cheese, beef and pork are very good foods for me, absolutely no reaction to those.

Any thoughts?

OMG, I just realized that I'm very sensitive to MSG, maybe that's the reason for all my problems! I did the MRT test, it is the best food sensitivity test in the world, very reliable, costs 778 US dollars.

Congratulations on being the 1st known human to test negative to Milk, Beef, and Pork. So there is hope. Maybe 1 day I will find someone that does not have an immune response to them.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/05/2014 9:49 am

i wish i could remember the lab it was over a year ago now but i know that they sent out the tests and it took over 2 weeks to get the results and it cost me around $400. they claimed that they used the best lab for testing and even better than what the hospitals use. here is the link this doctor is pretty well known.

http://www.vitamincoach.com/

yeah the supplement thing was so odd because i already was eating so unbelievably healthy at that point. i took them for a little while and my skin got really really bad and then i just stopped everything besides my spironolactone and inhaler.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/05/2014 2:45 pm

Something Just occurred to me that should have been mentioned. The severity of the reaction in the tests doesn't necessarily translate to the severity of the outward response, I.e. your cystic acne. You really need to test by methodically avoiding everything, not just the red things.

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 03/06/2014 5:26 pm

Leaky gut , flora issues , candida , IBS , crohn's disease all these illnesses are a direct cause of over use of antibiotics if you take enough of them they will literally destroy your gut/immune system there are much safer alternatives ie wild oil of oregano and a lot of people have problems with food allergies due to previous use of antibiotics or as I like to call them anti-life biotics. The last time I took a antibiotic was over 20 years ago and I think that is the main reason why I have no food sensitivities and most likely why my acne has remained mild over the years.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 03/07/2014 12:17 pm

Well the only antibiotics I have taken in 30 years of my existence on this planet is one bottle of tetracycline when I was 14. Other than that I have never done anything that could lead to gut issues and I have never had cystic acne and I'm pretty sure that I won't experience any cysts in this life, that's how my body is.

SiriBai liked
MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/07/2014 4:32 pm

Leaky gut , flora issues , candida , IBS , crohn's disease all these illnesses are a direct cause of over use of antibiotics if you take enough of them they will literally destroy your gut/immune system there are much safer alternatives ie wild oil of oregano and a lot of people have problems with food allergies due to previous use of antibiotics or as I like to call them anti-life biotics. The last time I took a antibiotic was over 20 years ago and I think that is the main reason why I have no food sensitivities and most likely why my acne has remained mild over the years.

Leaky gut and candida are made up. Sorry, you have been duped.

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 03/07/2014 5:40 pm

Bottom line antibiotics or as I like to call them anti-life biotics destroy the gut and thus the immune system simple as that. What do derms offer for acne

antibiotics which are toxic and of course Accutane which is also toxic but what does one expect from allopathic medicine. Accutane in reality is a controlled poisoning of the body . These drugs may reduce your acne but problem is they cause a lot of collateral damage while doing so .The future of acne treatment lies in nutrition / herbs and trigger foods.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/07/2014 6:07 pm

Oil of oregano supposedly has antibiotic properties. How is this different or better than the other antibiotics? What, because oil of oregano is "natural"?

Maybe your acne has remained mild because you got older?

Bottom line antibiotics or as I like to call them anti-life biotics destroy the gut and thus the immune system simple as that. What do derms offer for acne

antibiotics which are toxic and of course Accutane which is also toxic but what does one expect from allopathic medicine. Accutane in reality is a controlled poisoning of the body . These drugs may reduce your acne but problem is they cause a lot of collateral damage while doing so .The future of acne treatment lies in nutrition / herbs and trigger foods.

Uh, no. Long-term use can hurt the gut flora, but it's highly dependent on what it "destroys" and what the dose is. With anything, the poison is in the dose.

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 03/07/2014 8:20 pm

Oil of oregano has nutrients / essential oils stuff your body can actually use and likes and has been proven to be just as potent as any modern antibiotic , do some research and not on pub med for God sakes.... try Natural News.com , oil of oregano is so potent it even kills antibiotic resistant mutant strains of bacteria and here is the key word WITHOUT creating more mutant strains or destroying your immune system in the process.

Yes long term use of antibiotics lead to things like crohn's disease and literally cripple the immune system for life as they destroy EVERYTHING thus leading to chronic infections/death does that explain if for you.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/07/2014 9:04 pm

Oil of oregano has nutrients / essential oils stuff your body can actually use and likes and has been proven to be just as potent as any modern antibiotic , do some research and not on pub med for God sakes.... try Natural News.com , oil of oregano is so potent it even kills antibiotic resistant mutant strains of bacteria and here is the key word WITHOUT creating more mutant strains or destroying your immune system in the process.

Yes long term use of antibiotics lead to things likecrohn's disease and literally cripple the immune system for life as they destroy EVERYTING thus leading to chronic infections/death does that explain if for you.

There is zero proof demonstrating that thymol and carvacrol's antibacterial properties actually works in vivo in humans without inducing bacterial resistance, let alone helping/preventing/treating acne.

I can't find any papers whether oil of oregano contains vitamins and minerals. Even if it did, it would be in miniscule amounts too small to do anything useful.

Naturalnews procures nothing but quackery and scaremongering, such as claiming MSG is a toxin.

It's very difficult, if not outright impossible, that one antibiotic would destroy your immune system. The immune system is very large and is not located just within the gut. The motile cilia are part of the immune system, too.