Notifications
Clear all

Bumps On My Forehead For Over 2 Years

MemberMember
(@jheba)

Posted : 02/18/2014 6:03 pm

Hi everybody!

My schedule is really thight, I don't really have time to visit a doctor but I will eventually. Before I do, I wanted to know if there's a way of curing some weird type of "acne" that I have on my forehead.

I'm just so tired of having those pimples. My self-esteem was already low, now it's just worst. Seriously, I watch people's faces and their skin (that does not sound weird at all) and they do not have what I have. I'm starting to wonder if what I have is even curable.

I would appreciate your help if you know what it is or if you have any tips. Please don't say "drink more water", "cut down your sugar level" or "wash your face". It is just super frustrating (and kind of offensive too because I do wash my face, thank you.) and it doesn't work. I've tried it, trust me.

I don't want to come out as rude, but I'm soooo desperate.

Thank you

(I have attached a picture of my 'acne' because I hate describing it. It's even worse than seeing it everyday.)

post-377848-0-67866200-1392764370.png

post-377848-0-67866200-1392764370.png

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 02/18/2014 8:55 pm

What type of stuff do you use on your face? I completely understand how frustrating it is. I would recommend Benzoyl Peroxide. I had similar small bumps like that on my forehead and as soon as I started using Dan's BP and moisturizer they disappeared.

MemberMember
(@david-lortscher)

Posted : 02/19/2014 6:20 pm

The tiny types of bumps like in your picture are usually small clogged pores (comedones). They're basically a non-inflamed type of acne.

The best treatments for it are Rx-only (Retin-A Micro, Tazorac, Differin, etc). In the meantime a face wash with salicylic acid in it could help, like St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub.

Let me know if that helps!

MemberMember
(@jheba)

Posted : 02/19/2014 10:42 pm

I'm gonna try both of your things if I can find them and thank you so so so much ! I'll give an update if it works

wow I didn't expect to be answered honestly

thank you Xx

Ps. I tried some pharmacy stuff and it never worked well. (products like nivea, nothing too expensive) I didn't feel like spending more for things that I was sure wouldn't work (I'm a little pessimistic as you can see) Therefore, I usually just wash my face twice a day, take a shower once a day, and that's it. My skin is also pretty dry if I don't take care of it so another reason not to buy products I'm not sure of.

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/19/2014 10:49 pm

what do u use as a cleanser? my skin gets really dry from any cleanser

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 02/21/2014 9:20 pm

If your skin is also dry, I find jojoba oil is the best thing. I was skeptical, but I've tried so many different products so I figured I'd give it a try. It doesn't make me break out either, which is what I was worried about.

I've also used many prescription creams. I find the ones that worked best on that type of acne were the ones with BP. It cleared them up quickly. I was using Tactuo for a while, it has BP and something else as well that helps open the pores so the BP can penetrate more easily. The only reason I stopped was because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get in to see my dermatologist so I couldn't get any more.

MemberMember
(@savannahclarke)

Posted : 08/23/2014 4:21 am

I know you said it's offensive to say "drink more water" or eat better but it's linked with forehead acne. I have it too. And I'm pretty sure if you're like me you've tried everything you can. Scrubs, toners, topical gels. Nothing helps! It's said that your forehead shows your digestive health. And to be honest I have a pretty horrible diet. I never drink water I drink pop and eat processed foods. I don't really exercise. If I want to fix my acne I know I need to stay away from all of that yucky stuff. It's hard!