Notifications
Clear all

Bp Twice A Day On The First Week

MemberMember
(@quayshawn)

Posted : 02/17/2014 9:34 pm

I've been using the Acne.org Regimen for 3 days now, and I just noticed that it was instructed to use the BP only once a day for the first week. I haven't had any extreme dryness/redness so far, but should I tone it down to once a day or just continue with twice a day until the second week?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 02/18/2014 1:34 am

I made the same mistake, and got a little over excited because my face wasn't getting dry and then on day 5 I thought I was going to die and had to stop for a few days till my chemically burnt skin recovered. Back off from the BP straight away or you will regret it. The first 3-6 weeks are going to be awful (for most people) and the trick is to get your skin used to BP and slowly ramp it up. By increasing BP usage slowly, you will still find your skin irritated, red, itchy and peeling, but you shouldn't experience any chemical burns which will force you to stop.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/18/2014 1:44 am

2x a day is quite high. Tone it down to once a day and at night if you can help it.

MemberMember
(@quayshawn)

Posted : 02/18/2014 5:37 pm

I made the same mistake, and got a little over excited because my face wasn't getting dry and then on day 5 I thought I was going to die and had to stop for a few days till my chemically burnt skin recovered. Back off from the BP straight away or you will regret it. The first 3-6 weeks are going to be awful (for most people) and the trick is to get your skin used to BP and slowly ramp it up. By increasing BP usage slowly, you will still find your skin irritated, red, itchy and peeling, but you shouldn't experience any chemical burns which will force you to stop.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I should continue using the cleanser and moisturizer while I'm off of the BP. Also, when should I start using it again? and when I'm back on it, should I only use it at night?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 02/21/2014 10:56 pm

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I should continue using the cleanser and moisturizer while I'm off of the BP. Also, when should I start using it again? and when I'm back on it, should I only use it at night?

Personally i would say to keep using both of those. For sure keep using the cleanser at least, definitely. Moisturizer might also be needed if your face becomes dry, but as long as you apply BP, put moisturizer over it, trust me, it might not seem bad right now, but if not treated correctly it will come with vengeance and your face will literally be peeling.

Just start doing BP once a day right now, i would suggest at night, because BP will cause redness and sunburns if exposed to sunlight/lamps for long times. Chances are you will be out in the sun in the day, at night, probably not.