Notifications
Clear all

How To Reduce Testosterone Levels

MemberMember
(@damnitgoaway)

Posted : 02/16/2014 12:59 pm

Hi there I'm MALE and would like to know if anyone knows how i can reduce my testosterone levels using natural products from my local health store.

i strongly believe my mild acne is caused by high hormone levels, and heres why i think that:

in 2012 i was critically ill and had to spend 3-4months in hospital, being bed bathed everyday with JUST water and these hospital wipes they would use, so you could also say i was kind of on the caveman regimen by accident lol, but before i went into hospital i had mild acne and by the time i came out of there my skin was immaculate, not a single pimple in sight!! The reason I'm telling you this is because obviously from where i was seriously ill, sex ect. Wasn't even in my mind! Therefore my hormone levels greatly reduced. But now I'm healthy again, its on my mind everyday! So my hormones have gone crazy again! I'm 21 by the way so you would have thought my hormones would have calmed down my now! But no life sucks and isn't going to make anything easy for us. I get mild acne (spots aren't even raised) a little on my forehead, cheeks, arms, chest, back and occasionally my chin. So if anyone could help me out by letting me know what i can do/take to reduce my hormone levels that would be great!

thankyou :)

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/16/2014 1:57 pm

How do you know it was not the just water routine that helped you? What do you normally use to wash your face and body? Whatever you are using might be clogging your pores.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/16/2014 2:11 pm

Maybe you should hospitalize yourself for life? OR you could have your testicles removed? Hmm, choices, choices...

MemberMember
(@damnitgoaway)

Posted : 02/16/2014 3:15 pm

That could be the reason. But either way it would still be nice to reduce my hormone levels :) i use head and shoulders classic for both hair, face and body, i feel this has massively decreased the amount of white heads and new spots i would normally get and has made my skin photogenic once again!! problem is i have become dependant on it now and am afraid to stop using it because i just know my skin will get worse very fast!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/16/2014 3:51 pm

Why though? Men are supposed to have lots of testosterone. It's what makes you guys "manly."

You could try eating low glycemic load meals to see if that helps balance your hormones, but I don't think a guy's goal should be to lower testosterone. Lowering your male hormones could lead to lowered sex drive and man boobs.

Also, if I were you I'd stop cleansing everything with head and shoulders. It has really strong sulfates in it which can be irritating and comedogenic. Do you think you could try just washing your face with water for a little while like while you were in the hospital?

MemberMember
(@damnitgoaway)

Posted : 02/16/2014 4:06 pm

I see your point, but i don't really want to be sex hungry 24/7, if you are a female then maybe you wouldn't understand :/

i just had a shower and used nothing but the water, and i will do the same in the morning and see if my blemishes are any more noticeable.. If they aren't then i will continue doing it for a while :)

back to the subject of my hormones, instead of changing my meals aren't there supplements i can get from my health store?

MemberMember
(@anonyshamed)

Posted : 02/16/2014 4:38 pm

I read your topic, and then, after a while, randomly read some stuff about fitness and found this : "Alcohol consumption has been consistently shown to result in sustained, significant decreases in testosterone and growth hormone levels." (not sure if links are allowed, but you can google the sentence to find the source I guess).

Not sure if that can help though (but around my peers I tend to be the only one not drinking alcohol and having acne, just saying, makes me wonder if I should drink some wine)

What I found best for myself currently is caveman+no touching/picking+sun exposure+gentle exercising+diet avoiding the bad stuff.

MemberMember
(@damnitgoaway)

Posted : 02/16/2014 5:08 pm

See the problem with that is i have epilepsy and therefore take long term medication to control seizures, drinking alcohol is a possibility however doing so is putting myself at risk of having seizures because of the alcohol interfeering with my medication. Dont get me wrong i do have a drink now and again when in in the mood, but i cant see myself drinking much more than maybe once or twice a month, anyways i have always found when i have a drink a day or two later i will get a pimple or two... Maybe coincidence but i don't know

also i find it soo hard avoiding foods, i cycle to work everyday which must be atleast a mile and a half and i don't touch my face atall or pick, i prefer my whiteheads to burst/come loose while showering :)

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/16/2014 5:49 pm

Look up saw palmetto. I wouldn't recommend a guy take this, but since you insist.

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 02/16/2014 7:54 pm

Maybe your sebaceus glands are simply really sensitive to the hormnes you have (testosterone)? Can't really do anything about that.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/16/2014 11:27 pm

Paigems, lol, saw palmetto is mainly for men's prostate health and you don't recommend it to men. The things I read in acne.org brings me the biggest LOLs on a daily basis! That's like saying mobile phone is great, but I wouldn't recommend it for talking, just for playing games with it.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/17/2014 12:31 am

Dolan Duck, you come across as very rude.

In many studies, saw palmetto has shown to be no better than placebo in helping prostate problems. However, it has been shown to reduce libido and cause breast growth in men. Men are supposed to have high levels of testosterone! I would not suggest a man take any kind of anti-androgens unless he first gets a blood test done that shows he has excess androgens.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/17/2014 12:45 am

Paigems, you come across as very ignorant.

Saw palmetto may help increase testosterone levels by inhibiting up-conversion to dihydrotestosterone. There are about 100 clinical studies on the benefits of saw palmetto, one of them being a contributed to decreased prostate cancer risk.

Dr. Rudi Moerck is a drug industry insider and an expert in chemistry and this is what the good doctor has to say about saw palmetto; "We are certainly not making any drug claims, but the anecdotal evidence suggests that there is a reduction in the conversion of testosterone into the dihydrotestosterone, and therefore, men that take saw palmetto will have slightly higher levels of testosterone in their bodyThat's a good thing... "

http://www.livestrong.com/article/522054-does-saw-palmetto-increase-testosterone/

So Paigems, check your god damn facts before you come here playing expert and giving false information! I hate nothing more than those people who think they are some sort of experts and know what they are talking about but the information they give is totally false and just plain ignorant and stupid.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 02/17/2014 1:02 am

it all happened to me when i was in hospital and i drew the same conclusion. later when my derm prescribed me antibiotics, i remembered and realised that after the operation they gave me a powerfull antibiotic that whole time, lol.

i doubt it's those hormones. it could be the adrenals from lack of proper rest, or the liver from bad diet, but not testosterone.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/17/2014 1:05 am

http://www.nih.gov/news/health/sep2011/niddk-27.htm

I'm not claiming I'm an expert. I just don't think guys with normal levels of androgens should be taking an anti-androgen because of the negative side effects they can cause.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/17/2014 1:38 am

Like I said, saw palmetto may only raise testosterone, not lower it! I'm a bodybuilder and use saw palmetto and I can tell you that I sure haven't got bitch tits from it and my testosterone isn't low by any means.

MemberMember
(@damnitgoaway)

Posted : 02/17/2014 3:51 am

Woah.. No need to argue :/

danthenewworld i did also get given strong antibiotics.

but its really hard for me to tell what cleared my skin as i was in a coma for 2weeks and pumped with drugs 24/7 during that time and come to think of it once i had awaken and was sober, when i looked in the mirror my skin was flawless then! So its really quite hard to tell! It could be a number of factors but i would just love to figure out which ones!! But whatever it was is a miracle as it only took 2weeks for flawless skin 😮

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 02/17/2014 5:39 am

2weeks.. i don't know about that. i expect you to be clear in 2days if you take doxycyclyne (i remember the first days my derm prescibed "shock doses", that means twice the dosage) + zineryt topically (erythromycin) (but you should see results only with doxycyclyne alone).

but i don't recommend it, as it's not working at the root of the problem(in a year or so acne will return). i told you this if you really wanted to be sure it was the antibiotics, you can test it (but it would be great if you take some probiotics also, at least some natural yogurt) because wanting to blindly reduce testosterone is potentially more dangerous.

also i could search a link from a guy who was tested and found testosterone deficient and he can't get rid of acne. so don't blame testosterone.

MemberMember
(@damnitgoaway)

Posted : 02/17/2014 6:15 am

I see.. I have been prescribed many antibiotics but doxycyclyne isn't one of them so that's a route i could try but like you said it wont get rid of it forever as it doesn't treat the root cause.

also my doctor has never given me shock doses, and to be honest ALL of my doctors i have ever had have never really been bothered about properly treating acne. Infact the doctor i have right now i have never even met and to get an appointment to see any doctor at my surgery you have to first speak to them over the phone (which i do) but they always just chuck another topical or antibiotic at you and they think that's fine! Well its not!

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 02/17/2014 6:28 am

derms keep prescribing antibiotics, but i only see 2 cases of use:

1. if acne is pubertal, that means it will go away after a certain age, so antibiotics are "buying time" but also giving a little help

2. if you know what the real problem is and know how to fix it, but you need to give the healing a little push

and of course if it's a big infection / bacterial unbalance which again antibiotics are needed (3).

lol seems like i would also prescribe it if i were a derm.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/17/2014 8:57 am

Everything Paige said is good.

Above all else, stabilize hormones by keeping your blood sugar stable. This has the added benefit of being good for absolutely everything to do with your health. And eat real, whole nutrient rich foods to provide the nutrients your body uses to regulate hormones.

MemberMember
(@jayboy-2)

Posted : 02/18/2014 12:43 am

There's a topic on this page about masturbating being the cause, or worsening of some peoeples acne. I'm sure it was a combination of things -- you were probably eating healthier foods in the hospital (or hardly eating at all, which depending on how often you were eating, your body could have been in states of fasting and therefore allowing for your body to heal faster) or my theory -- masturbation. Do you jerk off a lot? I get 95% clear whenever I abstain, regardless of any diet changes or any other factors in my life. Of course you probably can't stop altgether, but try greatly reducing the frequency and see if it helps keep you clear

MemberMember
(@damnitgoaway)

Posted : 02/18/2014 5:20 am

I suppose i was eating healthier to begin with (say a month) and then after that i asked to be put on the pediatric menu so it was like adult portions of kids meals, fish fingers and the likes.. So i wouldn't say i was eating that healthy for the whole period of hospitalization, i certainly wasn't eating healthy once i started to get better, i was living off of slush puppies and Doritos from the downstairs canteen haha. While i was in there i was 'nil by mouth' quite alot while i was waiting for operations. And i don't masturbate myself but my Mrs does it for me, and that makes it 100x harder to avoid 1. She will think im acting weird and uninterested and 2. It feels 100x better when someone else does it for you.

i think the two most plausible reasons are, my hormones where balanced and i was only washing with water. I'm now on day two of only showering with water, of course today im going to have to use shampoo as my hair will get greasy otherwise

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/18/2014 5:45 am

Indeed it does mate and who would say no to blowjob???!! Who gives a f about acne, girl just suck my d.

MemberMember
(@damnitgoaway)

Posted : 02/18/2014 5:52 am

Hell yeah Dolan Duck! You got it! Haha