Notifications
Clear all

How Long Until I Can Skip Sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 02/15/2014 5:11 pm

Hello,

I've been using AHA (8%) and BHA (2%) til 31th December and I wonder how long I have to wait until I can skip sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/15/2014 5:52 pm

You can't, unfortunately. You must always use sunscreen with any exfoliating treatment.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 02/15/2014 7:02 pm

Nono, I meant that I quit using it the 31th December, but I read that one should still wear it x amount of time afterwards.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/15/2014 7:06 pm

I think I know what you're trying to say. So, here it goes:

One should always use sunscreen to prevent skin cancer, photoaging, and hyperpigmentation problems.

(I hope I'm understanding you correctly...)

Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 02/17/2014 6:53 pm

No.. Anyone else knows how many months after you stop quit using u must wear sunscreen? U are extra sensitive when u have used BHA/AHA...

MemberMember
(@koshenya)

Posted : 02/17/2014 6:59 pm

Michelle got it right. Even if you aren't using a treatment, it's still a good idea to use sunscreen whenever you'll be exposed to sun.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 02/19/2014 8:11 pm

Michelle got it right. Even if you aren't using a treatment, it's still a good idea to use sunscreen whenever you'll be exposed to sun.

Yes, but you should wear sunscreen especially when during and after you use this exfoliating treatment, when does things go back to normal?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/20/2014 1:51 am

Yes, but you should wear sunscreen especially when during and after you use this exfoliating treatment, when does things go back to normal?

Do you mean when the skin stops thinning during exfoliative treatments?

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/21/2014 2:48 pm

Your skin is extra sensitive to the sun when you are using AHA/BHA treatments and for a month after you stop using them.

But you should always wear sunscreen anyways. Everyone should wear sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 03/05/2014 2:30 am

I know what you are saying. So, after you stop using the AHA, your skin will return to normal like in about a week or two. I suggest that you keep using the AHA if you're still struggling with acne though. And its good to always wear SPF in the sun too.

MemberMember
(@lulu2283)

Posted : 06/16/2014 6:26 am

You always want to wear sunscreen no matter how long after using bp/aha. If you don't you are only trading your acne in for wrinkles.