Notifications
Clear all

Best Lip Balm And Moisturiser Available In The United Kingdom

MemberMember
(@reptilian)

Posted : 02/15/2014 1:57 pm

Dear friends

I am going back on roaccutane after 10 years of being fairly spot free,I had massive scalp break out which is new for me,my head was red raw and I had spots as well as a rash type thingy as well

Seen fern right away because I had swollen forehead,glands where up on my neck and I have a bpm of 140 resting which worried my doctor.I seen the derm

And they gave me doxycline which calmed it down but has not cleared it!they also gave me selsun shampoo which I am not sure is doing anything?do you guys use this?what is it supposed

To be doing?

Went back to the registrar after 8 days she was not happy with the progress

So said I should go on roaccutane 50mg per day (I am 17 stone in weight she said it was based on bodyweight,i am a bodybuilder not fat)

Last time I was on this 10 years ago my lips got super cracked and where bleeding every day,doctor was useless at the time however I have changed doctors

Now.Just wanted to ask what is the best stuff i can get over the counter for my lips in the United Kingdom?vaseline is poor and so is the normal chap stick unless I apply every 10 minutes haha

Also for my face and arms what do you guys recommend?

With regards to lips can the doctor give prescription lip balm which is stronger?that could be a good idea if that is Possible?names of them would be a good idea

I am sure this question has been asked however I wanted to personally post a question because I am new to this forum

MemberMember
(@peck)

Posted : 02/15/2014 3:46 pm

Carmex is amazing. Allowed me to continue playing trumpet through my accutane treatment which is pretty remarkable considering how chapped my lips were. Strongly recommend!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 02/15/2014 4:34 pm

Burt's Bee's is a really good over the counter lip balm that I believe is available in the UK as well. I've never personally been on Accutane but my skin/lips get really dry during the winter and Burt's Bees really helps. :)

There's also a brand called Sugar which I'm not sure is available in Europe. It's normally sold in Sephora if you guys have it there... It's got a bunch of different types depending on what you want for your lips and a lot of them are tinted so they give your lips some colour too :)

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 02/15/2014 5:15 pm

"Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm"" is pricey but it's the only non-comedogenic lip balm I know of. Clarins is made in Paris so it should be available in the UK. Expensive stores like Nieman Marcus and Nordstroms sell it in the US

MemberMember
(@lionheart88)

Posted : 02/15/2014 5:28 pm

I tried every lip stuff they sell in boots and found blistex lip moisturiser the best. Lip balms like Vaseline prevent moisture leaving your lips but when you're on accutane you need to ADD moisture. It does make your lips a bit white though but mine are so bad at the moment I don't care! I've been getting the rash on my hands and arms and nothing worked (in fact everything else burned!) but Eurax cream (also in boots).

MemberMember
(@enelson96)

Posted : 02/15/2014 9:17 pm

I've been on accutane for almost a month now and I haven't experienced much in the dry lips area, but I've experienced lower back pain, dry skin, itchy skin and fatigue.

What I use is aquaphor and a natural lip balm I got at a supermarket. That's it. The key, I think, is to apply the stuff on the lips 20+ times a day. Every time my lips feel chapped or like they don't have anything on them, I apply more to them.

It's been working for me so far. :)

MemberMember
(@kimmy88)

Posted : 02/17/2014 7:51 pm

Hey!

I agree with the above post - blisteze lip relief (the one in the metally tube) is THE best and i have tried loads!! Anything like chapstick/ burtsbees i have to re apply every 10 mins n i dnt have time at work as im a nurse. Like the previous post said it does leave your lips white but it is incredible!

I also just use aqueous cream (big white tub about 3.9) for my whole body once a day after i have showered, again u tend to leave this in white while im doing my make up or hair so it really sinks in! I use it on my face too so it works as a great layer before foundation!

Hope this helps!

Kim x