Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arpazia

Supplements to Take While on Accutane

I am on month two of my Accutane treatment and have attempted taking different things to combat what it is doing to my body. I take Ester-C, Iron, Acidophilus, a liver cleanse supplement and sometimes Vitamin E. However, my face seems to erupt after taking Vitamin E so I avoid it. In addition, I am drinking a ton of water. Occasionally, I will take Echinacea and Goldenseal.

In combination with Accutane, I am also on an antibiotic and an antipyscotic (Seroquel) and birth control pills.

Does anyone have any suggestions in this regard? Can I help speed up the healing process? By the way, I have severe cystic acne.

I take glucosamine w/ msg (I think its msg, whatever they always combine glucosamine with) and fish oil. They help me a lot with joint pain and the fish oil seems to help with my sleep disturbances and keeps my mental health up. I have also notcied that the fish oil seems to keep me "regular" (i hate to use that word, but it keeps me feeling the way I did before I was on it).