Notifications
Clear all

Chest Acne, Acne All Over

MemberMember
(@chris2426)

Posted : 02/15/2014 12:00 am

Long story short, I have been dealing with acne since getting involved in bodybuing. It has only been getting worse. If it means anything I cycled a testosterone booster about 5-6 months ago. I decided to attach a picture of the acne on my chest, it hurts so much. I now have pain on my shoulders from the acne, it hurts to lay in bed. I was consuming over 4,000 calories per day for a while as I was trying to add mass, but recently decided to start dieting down so that I can lower my calorie intake and give my body a rest from all the excess calories. I am currently applying a homemade mixture of coconut oil and raw apple cider vinegar on it in the mornings and sometimes afternoons and before bed raw apple cider vinegar.

post-375472-0-78236900-1392440376.jpg

post-375472-0-78236900-1392440376.jpg

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/15/2014 1:56 am

A few possibilities:

-Malassezia folliculitis. It can also occur with acne.

-Lots of "bodybuilding" supplements tend to be laced with steroids and testosterone. I would discontinue all "bodybuilding" supplements.

-The raw apple cider may be making your inflammation worse.

Go to a doctor to rule out any infections. Bodybuilding puts you at greater risk for diseases like MRSA.

MemberMember
(@chris2426)

Posted : 02/15/2014 1:00 pm

Thank you for the reply.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/15/2014 4:36 pm

4000 calories a day ? yeah that might be the reason since your body cant digest up to that much a day everyday too much toxic will load up quick and also maybe the protein powders you are taking so i would take a break and see if that helps

MemberMember
(@chris2426)

Posted : 02/15/2014 8:18 pm

There is nothing "toxic" about consuming 4,000 plus calories per day, many athlete do it. It all has to do with your total daily energy expenditure.

MemberMember
(@ocnblitzgmail-com)

Posted : 02/15/2014 8:43 pm

Agreed, 4000 calories is near what I would consume while bulking up. I also bodybuild, and I can tell you that no matter how much whey I cut from my diet, or how "Clean" (Basically just chicken, broccoli, rice, fruits, etc)... I still have random back acne.

It was worse years ago, I just break out every so often now. I actually had WORSE acne when I was eating less.

I am just adding my 2 cents as a fellow lifter, since so many people are uninformed.

Edit : Know that feel about it hurting to lay in bed, hope it gets better.