Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a6h1nav

TCA Cross/Peel/Complex

Okay, I know how irritating I can be for my distinct and blatant lack of research myself. Well, I like to blame my circumstances, and my 500MHz processor and ancient dial-up internet connection. cry.gif

Ive got those hideous evil brown spots/scars left from burst pimples, so my face has really blotchy appearance, in terms of tone and texture cos its a little bit bumpy, ostly raised areas, not indented.

Anyway, I wanted to know about the TCA stuff. (Obviously my technical vocabulary is superior to everyone else's.)

The TCA Cross:

This I understand to be spot treatment thingys, with a really high concentration of acid. You get it done usually every 3 weeks at the earliest. Thats about all I know about it.

TCA Peel:

This is like for large areas, and at much lower concentrations and can be done more often than the cross method.

Someone please correct me if either of those are wrong.

What I wanted to know is where can you get it done, how much it costs, and also rather embarassingly, can it be done on the body as well, cos I managed to pick at my chest acne as well (STUPID ME!)

I am in London, UK, so can someone else in London let me know if there is any good place to get it done? I know the Peel you can get to do at home.

What is a good place to get it form, either shop or internet?

Also, compared to glycolic acid peel and lactic acid peel, how good is it and which have most people found most effective in correcting as much as possible, the same problem I have had.

Thanks for tolerating my lack of initiative.

eusa_angel.gifeusa_angel.gifeusa_angel.gifeusa_angel.gifeusa_angel.gif

Check out the Frequently Asked Questions thread at the top of the board for some more info on the topics you are interested in.

Check out the Frequently Asked Questions thread at the top of the board for some more info on the topics you are interested in.