Notifications
Clear all

To My Fellow Filipinos T.t

MemberMember
(@xandra)

Posted : 02/14/2014 1:53 am

I'm suffering from acne for about few months and it really made me so frustrated, so I did some intense research and I came up with this site which brought my hopes up but the huge problem is, I can't possibly have the regimen since I'm in the Philippines and the alternative products stated were nowhere available in our local drugstores and other stores as far as I know...

I'm currently using Garnier for acne prone skin (it does not ; did not cure my acne) just to avoid further breakouts... For now, I'm scared of using any other products T_____T

If in any case you know any products your have tried, I am in dire need of your good and proven suggestive products for my acne cure (I meant the brand names and the stores where I can buy) of which you know is really effective and available in our local drugstores, and watsons or any local stores as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AND I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS :')

MemberMember
(@user379183)

Posted : 02/25/2014 3:01 pm

Is there a health food store in your area where you can purchase apple cider vinegar from? If so, then that might help you to some degree, here's what to do:

1)To cleanse your face use a mild soap, maybe simple soap or a natural one with oatmeal or tea tree oil in it.

2) Dilute apple cider vinegar with 50% water and store in a bottle, use this like a toner after cleansing

3) Apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia, this helps reduce oil production

4) Then use an oil-free moisturizer like clean and clear that has acne medicine in it

All these things you need can be purchases at a drug store/ pharmacy, except the apple cider vinegar, which normally sells at health food stores. In a month of using these products I've been able to clear most of my acne and I follow these steps twice daily.

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 02/26/2014 2:01 am

If you're trying to do the regimen with alternative products, you can try:

1. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It doesn't lather at all, that's why you need to wash your face gently to avoid irritation. It helps with my dry skin because of the BP and glycolic acid i'm using.

2. As for the treatment, try Benzac AC gel 2.5%. You can only find Benzac 5%-10% in our local drugstores, Watsons, Mercury Drugs and etc, but if you want the 2.5%, you can order it online by going to sulit.com.ph. Haven't used this because I'm using the BP my derma prescribed, it's what i'm still using while waiting for my Acne.org products to arrive.

3. For the moisturizer, I'm using Cetaphil Cream at night and the Olay Moisturizer in the morning. Doesn't break me out, but like most people said, all skin are different, if it doesn't make me breakout, it doesn't mean it won't 100% break you out either. Though i'm trying to get the Cerave moisturizer since it gets a lot of great reviews.

Hope it helps.

MemberMember
(@xandra)

Posted : 03/27/2014 9:29 pm

Thank you so much ! :)

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 03/27/2014 10:42 pm

Thank you so much !

Um, are you still looking for Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%? Because I have one and i never use it. It's Acne.Org's 16oz Benzoyl Peroxide/Treatment 2.5%, I received it last February 28, 2014, unused. I stopped using BP even before it arrived, if you're interested just message me.

Welcome. 🙂