Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leftoverpunk

We need to get Rid of the Emo forum

Wow acne.org used to be such a happier place till we got this forum. I've been here for 2 1/2 years (new name) and i've never see so many posts pertaining to suicided or death. There comes a point when if this stuff is affecting yuo this much (most of the time its not even acne related), you need to talk to your parents or a counsleor they will help more then thsi forum ever will. BEing down is fine but when we get several suicide posts a week......

i dont recall seeing any suicide posts for a while...

anyway..some of us post here exclusively...if you dont like it...GO BITCH SOMEWHERE ELSE..

people vent here...its a place of venting. what? so if we get rid of this place where are people suppossed to vent...THE LOUNGE??? HA!!!

zing bitch.

Hold off on the zings, you guys!

I think Leftoverpunk is just a little concerned, is all. Let's not hate, okay?

But I'll agree that the 'several suicide posts' a week is pretty exaggerated. smile.gif

And J...

Zing, bitch.

^Awesome

damn guys i got ZING crazy....its like im ZINGIN everything

lol...sorry fer jackin your word E. I should have used it for the power of good, but instead i let it get to me...

and so will end my zing-age, lest i must whipp out that muther again if circumstances are futile?

eusa_eh.gif

i like us how we are for zing's sake....

its an unbalanced swarm of ecclectic ventings, praises and the occasional lyrical domination or two...

we rule.

I'm sorry several was an exageration but even a couple month is a little out of the ordinary don't you think??? Sorry if i offended you, it seems its very hard to voice an opinion without being flamed around here. Posts here seem to breed more negativity tehn they help , but yeah y should i care your right i won't post anymore on this. I was just concerned that something as seriuos as suicide should not be handled on an internet forum but in the real world, but whatever, I'll get flamed for saying that too. If acne.org, a sight dedicated to solving acne depends on whether or not, people can post how horrible life is then i guess thats what the site is. The sad thing is too is that you guys don't even help these kids, you just fricken jack the threads, i mean wtf? if you say this is a place to help, help. Alot of times i'll go into a thread that says " i'm so depressed" only to see 3 pages down the line " hey bebe how you doing wub.gif " For example that 1 whippedmom thread was completly off subject by the end, he might really be hurting. If the forum should exist the let it exist for what its meant for, on that note plz don't jack the rest of the thread with zinging and stuff, plz......Iwant honest opinions on this.

Guest brokencocoon

Personally, I agree with both of you. Elsa makes good points and so does Leftoverpunk.

I think there's a LOT of support offered to people in this forum. But I also think there's times when things could moved to the Lounge, for sure.

But do I think the emo forum should go? NO WAY!

Do I think people could be a little more aware of when to move over to the Lounge? Yes, I do. Definitely.

I see both sides, and feel both sides of it.

Personally, I agree with both of you.  Elsa makes good points and so does Leftoverpunk. 

I think there's a LOT of support offered to people in this forum.  But I also think there's times when things could moved to the Lounge, for sure. 

But do I think the emo forum should go?  NO WAY!

Do I think people could be a little more aware of when to move over to the Lounge?  Yes, I do.  Definitely.

I see both sides, and feel both sides of it.

Guest brokencocoon

Yep. The Lounge would maybe kinda start to suck if the emo stuff had to go over there. I absolutely think there needs to be a place for serious discussion, AND a place to play with all the banter, bullshit and flirting.

The nature of the condition we all have in common, I think REQUIRES a serious forum.

but I also notice most topics on the emo forum get off track, but it's still good as long as the topic served it's purpose.

i noticed.. no one here seems to have done anything drastic after talkin to the people in emo forum.

No suicides..? Anyone noticed?

a pat on the back to everyone. *pah!*

eusa_angel.gif

Guest brokencocoon
but I also notice most topics on the emo forum get off track, but it's still good as long as the topic served it's purpose.

I can see the side of the argument that topics often go off track, but it's unfair to say people don't get support here, because they always do. Infact, a couple of months ago when I joined there were a considerable amount more of ''suicide'' threads, and unsupportive comments encouraging this kind of behaviour. Because of the people that regularly post here, imo, this has been cut down a lot, and the advice is generally good and helpful. Getting rid of this forum is a useless suggestion, it wouldn't work. If you don't like what you see, don't come in here, it's as simple as that.

Wow acne.org used to be such a happier place till we got this forum. I've been here for 2 1/2 years (new name) and i've never see so many posts pertaining to suicided or death. There comes a point when if this stuff is affecting yuo this much (most of the time its not even acne related), you need to talk to your parents or a counsleor they will help more then thsi forum ever will. BEing down is fine but when we get several suicide posts a week......

Guest *Clara

The emo forum doesn't "CAUSE" anything. Your responsible for your own actions. Anyways this is a great place to vent and to talk about our lives.