Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Else Get A Large Pimple Around Thier Period?

MemberMember
(@belindaa)

Posted : 02/12/2014 11:09 am

I always get these large pimples on my cheek or on chin around my period.

They are hard, huge and last weeks.

Also they are not like your normal pimples, you cannot pop these guys, you just have to wait it out.

Does anyone else get them and how do you get rid of them?

MemberMember
(@minaaa)

Posted : 02/12/2014 11:55 am

Yeaah, that's pretty common, I used to get that all the time, but with smaller ones, I suppose.

If they're cysts and are really stubborn, you might have to consider going on antibiotics or doing something to treat it from within. I'd suggest using the regimen if you aren't already, to actually prevent these breakouts from happening in the first place :)

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 02/13/2014 1:45 am

A large pimple? More like 3-4 at a time the week before/during my cycle. Just started the regimen 2 weeks ago to see if they're preventable.

MemberMember
(@marrjennings)

Posted : 02/13/2014 11:21 am

I do! I spot treat mine with an acne benzyl peroxide cream. I got mine at CVS , here's the link of what it looks like http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Acne-Treatment-Gel?skuId=428504 ! When I feel one coming I put this on it, and it slowly disappears instead of getting worse. :)

MemberMember
(@ewwpimples1)

Posted : 02/13/2014 1:19 pm

When you feel one coming, break up an Advil Gel and put the gel on it. This will only work though if the pimple is still under the skin and hasn't reached the surface, but whenever I use it, it's gone in about a day or so.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/13/2014 9:17 pm

Yeah! I got one right next to my nose this past one.... soooo annoying

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/13/2014 10:12 pm

I get around 2-3 around mine, too. They're moderately large that show up by my ears, jawline, and occasionally the upper cheek.

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 02/14/2014 10:41 am

Yeah :( I get 4-5 spots, mostly on my chin - not central, they pop up more on the sides. They feel hard to the touch and these are the ones that get really painful ! like a dull ache and sharp when they're touched. Luckily they don't tend to scar like whiteheads do but they do take weeks to go off, by the time they've reduced in size.. it's my period again and yet more of them harass my damn chin.

I find that taking 20mg of zinc per day is helping a bit.

MemberMember
(@acl94536)

Posted : 02/17/2014 11:44 pm

Ugh yes :( I have one right now. It's really really painful. These are the worst and take forever to go away

MemberMember
(@patienceisvirtue)

Posted : 02/17/2014 11:50 pm

Yeah definately i get 3-4 around my mouth area.... From my experience nothing seems to help or prevent these breakouts since they are hormonal. Im already on the regimen and its already been 4 months for me but the regimen atleast for me does not help with the hormonal break all I try is to avoid touching them and just patiently wait for them to go away on their own. Also I especially drink lots of water when Im on my period just help flush out the toxins.

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 02/18/2014 11:50 pm

I read on another thread on here that if you take Aleve before your cycle or during your cycle (whenever you break out), you may be able to avoid the dreadful PMS breakout has anyone tried this?

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 02/21/2014 10:49 pm

I do. I've been on The Regimen for a month now. I find using a combination of BP and AHA to spot treat really helps reduce it. I got one a day ago and have been spot treating and it no longer hurts and is not getting worse (which, to me, means it's going away). Nothing prevents it, in my experience anyway. I find hormonal acne is my biggest problem right now. I stopped birth control around the same time I started The Regimen. Last time I did that I broke out severely. It seems The Regimen is helping to keep things under control, which I appreciate as my hormones sort themselves out :)