Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo 8 Weeks

MemberMember
(@steveherwitz)

Posted : 02/11/2014 4:00 pm

I am a 15 year old boy, and I have dealt with moderate acne as long as I can remember. I started actually treating it in 2012 when it worsened around my chin. I first used the Clinique acne regimen, which worked for my brother but did nothing for me. Although I shook it off and pretended like the acne on my chin was no big deal, it was. Then when it spread from my chin to also include under my eyes and cheeks, I started using The Regimen. I did that for about 6 months, and had zero results. Finally, I talked to my mom and made an appointment at my doctor about it. This was about 8 weeks ago and she prescribed me Epiduo. Exited that I had found something that was probably going to work, I went home and have applied it every night until now. However, after 8 weeks I have seen barely any result. I wash with Cetaphil cleanser every night and then put epiduo all over my face, then wash with cetaphil the next morning in the shower and put cetaphil moisturizer on because I get very dry skin. I do get somewhat less whiteheads but that is about all the improvements I have seen. I really really want my acne to go away, and I think about it constantly and it makes me really depressed sometimes. I have read too much online about Epiduo and I know that for every post I have seen the person has at least seen some real improvement by the 8 week mark. I wonder what I am doing wrong and if I should stick with it or just go back to my doctor and start at square one again. HELP!!!

Thanks,

Steve

MemberMember
(@steveherwitz)

Posted : 02/20/2014 3:47 pm

anyone?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/20/2014 4:05 pm

Sounds like you have mainly inflammatory acne in the moderate to severe category.

I think it's a good idea to go back to the derm. You probably need more potent medication.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/20/2014 4:28 pm

You may have to give it more time. My daughter was put on Epiduo by her dermatologist. Her acne actually got worse for the first three months (which she was told was not unusual) and then started to gradually get better. It took about 6 months and her skin cleared up about 90%.

However if I am not mistaken Epiduo contains benzoyl peroxide so if benzoyl peroxide didn't work for you before when you were on the Regimen then maybe it won't work now.

You should probably ask your dermatologist.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@steveherwitz)

Posted : 03/02/2014 4:33 pm

I am going back to the doctor's next week and seriously considering asking her to prescribe me Accutane. Any suggestions?

and just a note -- My acne didn't really get worse or better with the Epiduo it just didn't show any result.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 4:35 pm

I am going back to the doctor's next week and seriously considering asking her to prescribe me Accutane. Any suggestions?

and just a note -- My acne didn't really get worse or better with the Epiduo it just didn't show any result.

Were you prescribed oral antibiotics at any point? If not, you'll probably go on that first before Accutane.

MemberMember
(@steveherwitz)

Posted : 03/05/2014 4:54 pm

like which ones?

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/05/2014 4:59 pm

like which ones?

Oral antibiotics like doxycycline or tetracycline.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/05/2014 5:10 pm

I agree that maybe you should try some oral antibiotics like the previous poster mentioned. That combined with the epiduo might work for you. Ask your dermatologist.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@steveherwitz)

Posted : 03/20/2014 11:47 am

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who has posted on this forum it really helps to be able to connect with others that struggle with the same things as I do.

So I went to my doctor yesterday, and she prescribed me a month's worth of Retin-A micro and Tetracycline together. I haven't gotten the prescriptions filled yet so all I really know about them is what my doctor told me plus a few things I have read. Does anyone have any advice for me? What should I expect while on these drugs? And if these don't work what will happen next? I am going back after the month cycle is over.

MemberMember
(@rick911)

Posted : 03/23/2014 11:01 am

Hey! I'm on my 6th week of epiduo and I've seen some little changed in the past 4 weeks. But recently, I've had a bad breakout?! I seriously don't know why because I thought I already had the initial one... I don't know what to do...

MemberMember
(@steveherwitz)

Posted : 03/30/2014 4:37 pm

Hey Rick,

Im sorry I can't be much help... Looks like we're in the same predicament.