Notifications
Clear all

Finish Accutane Today - Still Breaking Out

MemberMember
(@fault)

Posted : 02/11/2014 11:59 am

Today marks my last day on accutane after 230days (20mg for 2 months and 40mg the rest.)

I had a really bad breakout in month 2, which has left me with a lot of scarring and i have never been fully clear of acne while on accutane and even though i have already reached my cumulative dose i am still breaking out. I have only been breaking out more in the last week or so. I would really like to do another month but my follow up appointment with my derm isn't till April.

Pictures/video is here [Removed]

I would appreciate any advice. I am feeling so anxious.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 02/11/2014 2:33 pm

Well your skin has definitely improved a great deal but I see what you are talking about. I would give your derm a call and tell him you are still breaking out and maybe me can get you in earlier and extend your course or call in another prescription for you.

Have you ever had your hormones checked? Being a female if your hormones are off causing you to breakout you can get on a treatment such as Sprio. Ive heard alot of success form that on here if Accutane doesnt do the job.

MemberMember
(@fault)

Posted : 02/13/2014 8:25 am

Well your skin has definitely improved a great deal but I see what you are talking about. I would give your derm a call and tell him you are still breaking out and maybe me can get you in earlier and extend your course or call in another prescription for you.

Have you ever had your hormones checked? Being a female if your hormones are off causing you to breakout you can get on a treatment such as Sprio. Ive heard alot of success form that on here if Accutane doesnt do the job.