Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline

MemberMember
(@shurra)

Posted : 02/09/2014 11:08 pm

Hi, so I've been taking doxycycline 100mg twice a day for my acne. This last Thursday I started week 6, and there's still no improvement and I'm still getting breakouts. Could it be that doxy just isn't for me or does it take longer to start working.

Oh and I was also using Tazorac as a topical but I didn't help so I switched to Retin-A that I had left over. It seems to be a little better

THanks in advance

MemberMember
(@amarshgv)

Posted : 02/09/2014 11:54 pm

Hi shurra!

I actually got prescribed doxy 100mg once a day AND epiduo by my derm when I went for the first time in my life in december...

I used both until I ran out of my prescription after 4 weeks, and am now on just Epiduo and it has been 7 weeks. My skin got better but the doxy never really made a huge difference like i was expecting for such a strong antibiotic. If it isnt really working after 7 weeks i would recommend going to your derm and asking about epiduo.. Im sure you're so sick of changing your regimen but trust me this really might work for you, plus you can take it for months unlike an antibiotic. I am on week 7 like i said and it i am finally almost clear. Be patient with this if you do decide to use it, and buy Cetaphil lotion to use when your skin is dry.. This gel is only once a day before you go to bed and i am very happy with it.. I was still fighting through my first month and i am finally almost clear like i said. This is a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel and i really do believe in it.

I am sorry for the whole "ask your derm for this" speech but it may really change your life. Just thought i would share since doxy didnt really help me either!

Please ask any questions that you are curious of!

-Alex

MemberMember
(@shurra)

Posted : 02/10/2014 1:30 pm

Thanks for the tip. My dermatologist told me to take doxy for 8 weeks. So if I don't see an improvement by then, I'll ask her about epiduo. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@rawmilk)

Posted : 02/10/2014 1:55 pm

The antibiotics aren't going to solve the root cause of the problem. They aren't working because they are "against life" and the bacteria you are trying to kill are a part of you and your immune system.

You have to address the accumulation of toxins in the body. This is the result of any combination of poor diet, poor food combining, enervating habits, and allopathic medicines which alter hormone function and affect vitamin and mineral content in the body.

The body makes all microbes bacteria or yeast or fungi or cancer from within as a result of toxic cleansing during the healing crisis. Start by looking up a comparison between BECHAMP's cellular theory of germs v. PASTEUR's germ theory of disease.

Diet is your friend in this situation because it IS the cause of disease as a whole and in general. The truly bizarre symptoms set in when poor diet is combined with our current practices of treating illness.

Hopefully you choose the naturopathic/homeopathic and dietetic treatment for your problems. I speak from experience having dealt with, and continuously dealing with my own ongoing healing crisis (a.k.a. "dis-ease")

shurra liked
MemberMember
(@mitch-p)

Posted : 02/10/2014 2:08 pm

I was on doxy and Retin-A at the same time for almost 4 months and I never saw an improvement. I just kept waiting and waiting. Perhaps it had to do with my lack of knowledge about general skin care because I over washed my face back then, but I thought it should have worked at least a little bit. Minocycline didn't work either. I finally ended up going on accutane and am clear after 6 months of taking it. It's one hell of a drug, but does work.

MemberMember
(@jpaul)

Posted : 03/02/2014 11:46 am

Hi! I bought 90 day supply of 100mg Doxy and in those 90 days my mild cystic acne was completely gone so dont give up hope. I didnt start seeing benefits until i was about 21 days in. My acne started showing real signs of improvement around 56 days in and by day 70 i was 90% clear. After those 90 days i didnt order anymore and my face stayed clear for 1 year. I started it in March of 2013 and i am finally starting to break out again. Soooo guess what ill be buying again soon lol. Good luck!