Notifications
Clear all

Really Had Enough Now...sudden Breakout On Right Side Of Face - Pics Included

MemberMember
(@spongecake)

Posted : 02/09/2014 12:28 pm

I'm 25 years old and have lived with acne for many, many years.

It's horrendously exhausting, both mentally and physically. The only time I was free of it was during the time I was the contraceptive pill Yasmin, I had to come off of that because it was making my anxiety and depression worse though.

I haven't changed anything about my lifestyle and the last week has seen a massive outbreak on the right side of my face...it's really red and inflamed as you can see by the photo. Take note the left side of my face is pretty much clear, except for a few scars and some spots around my jawline.

Is it worth trying to cut out dairy? I only ever have it with cereal in the morning, a splash in my cup of tea and occasionally I have cheese. I very rarely have yogurt or butter.

I have just ordered some Manuka Honey online, high strength...very expensive so hoping it will work! Otherwise I'm back to the drawing board and thinking of going to my GP to get some DUAC gel as it seemed to work last time.

I wash my face daily with Eau Thermale Avene lotion...I use Neutrogena oil free moisturiser and when wearing makeup, I have an oil free foundation. I also change my pillow case regularly.

post-186498-0-72972100-1391966798.jpg

post-186498-0-80398000-1391966818.jpg

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 02/09/2014 2:05 pm

Do you have a derm, or just see your GP?

please remember that acne doesnt make you ugly, you are beautiful, but it can be annoying. I found that fish oil helps me alot, and i use differin which i got from my doctor. You're lucky you dont have cystic acne like me.

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 02/09/2014 2:31 pm

Firstly, you have a beautiful face regardless of your acne.

dairy could be a factor because it contains a huge amount of hormones which then get pumped around our already hormonal body, so it's just hormones piled on top of hormones. + cow hormones are strong because obviously it's needed to make baby cows grow up big and fast. So do try cutting it out or reduce it. Almond milk is always an alternative. Or soya, which tastes a lot nicer than almond, but I've read that it can trigger acne in some people too. although a lot less than cows milk.

Also, the moisturiser you're using. It might be oil free, but if it's the Neutrogena Visibly Clear one, then there's a whole host of ingredients in there that are even worse than slapping a load of oil on your face. For example, Propylene Glycol is the 2nd ingredient on the list and that's worrying because that ingredient is used in car anti-freeze ! As well as Sodium Hydroxide which can cause a chemical burn after repeated use.

MemberMember
(@spongecake)

Posted : 02/12/2014 4:36 am

Thanks guys.

I know it's not as bad as some but I wake up every morning and I feel disgusting. I wish I could just go out with no makeup on....I feel monstrous.

I'm trying to cut down on the dairy..,hopefully it will have some effect.

Manuka hasn't really started working yet though.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 02/12/2014 7:55 am

Try eliminating dairy and substituting unsweetened almond milk, also watch your sugar intake. Have you ever tried the regimen, or using BP? That would probably work for you. Also, try adding a zinc supplement. And check ingredients in all your products to make sure you're not using anything that could cause pimples. Please don't feel bad, stress will just trigger more acne. You're a very pretty girl, I would love to have beautiful thick hair like you!!

airlie liked
MemberMember
(@airlie)

Posted : 02/14/2014 8:18 am

I have acne to very similar to yours but all over my chin. My naturopath has asked me to come off dairy, and I am noticing a difference. I am also on the regimen that Dan does, and so far I'm loving it. You should look into it. You could also just buy the benzoyl peroxide and get a good cleanser and moisturiser that is recommended by Dan. I've tried Manuka honey, it didnt work for me. Also DUAC is similar to benzoyl peroxide in fact I think its the same thing so that would work. You just dont want to dry out your skin so I can't stress how important it is to moisturise! The one from the regimen I think is really nice. Btw you are still beautiful even with pimples!

Keep me updated what you end up deciding to do :)

MemberMember
(@marrjennings)

Posted : 02/14/2014 10:32 am

Hi! I would try adding a benzyl peroxide gel to your routine. I suffered cystic acne and that seemed to be what my face needed! I use a gentle cleanser, a 10%benzyl peroxide, and an aveeno moisturizer. I also add natural oils and masks to my routine on occasion. Stay Positive! It will clear up. Also I drink green tea on a regular basis as there are lots of inflammation benefits. Switching up your diet a bit may help. Try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables and less foods that contain hormones. :)