Notifications
Clear all

Acne, Blemishes, And Hyperpigmentation/acnescarring!

MemberMember
(@wilma2005)

Posted : 02/09/2014 12:00 pm

Hey. I'm a 15 year old girl, with moderate acne, i would say. I've had acne since i was 12, though, when i was 12 it wasn't as bad as now. I have acne on my cheeks, and some on my forehead and chin. The acne on my forehead is mostly concentrated between my eyebrows. The acne i have, is VERY red, i have red marks all over my face, but they aren't really bumps, just red marks under some acne/deep down under my skin. I also have pimples on my cheeks and forehead, like, little pimples that sticks out. Mostly whiteheads, i would say. I don't really get blackheads. Oh, btw. I Have combination skin most of the time, though in the winter my skin is really dry, and in the summer oily. I'm so insecure about my skin, because i can't really cover it up, it looks horrible under makeup, because i have many small little bumps all over my face, closed comedones i think they're called, except they aren't as small, a bit bigger, but still not pimple sized. I wouldn't say that i have sensitive skin, but i find, that most sensitive skincare products tend to work better. I have yet not found a product, which helps with the redness, i have tried getting rid of all of the bumps on my face, but it didn't help much, because i still had redness all over my face, which makes me look like a tomato.

The pics doesn't show how bumpy my skin really is, because it is bumpy. Mostly on my jaw, and forehead it's bumpy. I tend to touch my pimples kinda much, i know it's bad, but i hate the feeling of uneven skin. Oh, my skincare products are;

- Cerav© hydrating cleanser, which works pretty well at keeping it hydrated, but doesn't help at all with the redness. It keeps control of the bumps though, but doesn't completely get rid of them.

- Cerav© moisturizing cream, which works ok aswell.

I just bought the "Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash" (Not the pink grapefruit one) - I've used it now for two nights, and i think it's a bit rough on my skin. It doesn't really work, but i'm thinking of giving it some time, though, i've heard that it's really bad for your skin, and does nothing but bad to it.

I'm just SO tired, of using all of my money, on products that don't work. I really want something, which will help get rid of my hyperpigmentation marks/acne scarring, and something that will be GENTLE (!!), and something that will help my bumpy skin get smooth.

(I like creamy cleansers the best, because i like the feeling of gentle cleansers which i know won't irritate my already red acne spots, or whatever they are)

(I have tried using Tea Tree Oil on my face, but it actually just burns, and doesn't really help at all)

Do you have any products which you think will work wonders for my skin? Please :(

BTW. I'm not on any medication right now. And i'm not planning to, just yet :)

post-376068-0-99793800-1391964276.png

post-376068-0-62307900-1391964278.png

post-376068-0-52490300-1391964280.png

post-376068-0-99793800-1391964276.png

post-376068-0-62307900-1391964278.png

post-376068-0-52490300-1391964280.png

MemberMember
(@wilma2005)

Posted : 02/09/2014 4:51 pm

Btw, these pictures are horrible of me! Lmao

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 02/13/2014 8:22 pm

I have a similar mixture of problems with my skin - a little bit of scarring, a little bit of hyper pigmentation and a little bit of acne. I'm still trying to figure out a method that can combat all of these problems simultaneously or systematically. I've tried everything from Proactiv, Retin A + Solydn pills, AHA wash and basic BP 10% treatment so I'm curious to see what others have to say.