Notifications
Clear all

I'm Not Crying It's Just Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@imowlwaymo)

Posted : 02/09/2014 1:58 am

I've been on the regimen for a little over a month. I'm very careful to avoid my eye area when applying the benzoyl peroxide gel. I've noticed that my eyes tend to water like crazy. I don't know if it's the fumes or something. How can I reduce the stinging of my eyes while applying BP?

MemberMember
(@organiclemonade)

Posted : 02/12/2014 12:00 am

Just don't get it in your eyes. I think bp is an eye irritant. My eyes won't stop crying for hours if I get BP in my eyes. Avoid rubbing your eyes which could inadverdently transfer BP to your eyes too.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 02/21/2014 10:58 pm

Yeah, when im applying BP, i take special caution to not get it anywhere near my eyes, but when i have the BP on my finger which is under my eye, it begins to sting. I know BP didnt get into my eye, its like the fumes or something.

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 02/21/2014 11:20 pm

might be using to much which like drips from forehead into eyes, just don't use it below your eyebrows and not in the sensitive area under your eyes. Stick with it though!

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/05/2014 9:40 pm

Happens to me occasionally as well. I'm very careful about my eyes. I think it's just the "fumes". It is a chemical after all.

MemberMember
(@skeptic123)

Posted : 05/27/2014 7:23 pm

After BP is applied and allowed to dry and then moisturizer is applied and dries and then you sweat profusely, will the BP end up in your eyes? I'm having buring, and dry eye syndrome and am wondering if there's a relationship.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 05/28/2014 9:14 pm

^ Yes it is possible for you to sweat and have the sweat/bp run into your eyes. Try keeping a white towel or some paper towels around when you are sweaty. If your eyes are really bothering you be sure to see your doctor or optometrist.

MemberMember
(@tpaul98)

Posted : 09/01/2014 10:44 am

Don't worry I have the exact same problem, however, it only occurs when I apply BP too close to my eyes. My eyes in general are pretty sensitive so that might also be a reason. I would recommend not getting to close to your eyes and possibly shutting them when applying BP.

MemberMember
(@ouri)

Posted : 11/08/2014 12:35 am

I create a barrier around my eye area with petroleum jelly to avoid getting benzoyl peroxide or other eye irritating products in that area.

MemberMember
(@mxxnxxoxx)

Posted : 12/03/2014 2:35 am

Get a small fan in your bathroom and point it at your face when applying. It's the fumes and the fan will keep them away from your eyes and dry it faster. I only had a problem with this after getting lasik which must have made my eyes more sensitive.

MemberMember
(@482960_1443953287)

Posted : 12/03/2016 2:47 pm

When applying bp on my chin, my eyes burn and water. I don't think it's possible apply the bp any further from my eyes than this. I am sure that there is no bp in my eye, but the fumes from the gel are rising as the product evaporates and the fumes get into my eyes.Tilting my head back until the initial fumes have dissipated seems to help. As soon as it dries, my eyes no longer burn. sounds like this is a small price to pay for such amazing results. Finding ways to cope mat be better than finding an alternative product.