Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janeir36

Non-acnegenic makeup

I'm really beginning to wonder. Is this just something we dream about, or they put on labels, but really can't come true?

And I'm talking about foundation that gives coverage from pimples and scars. Does anyone use something like this that doesn't cause acne within hours or a couple days of using it?

I know there's a lot of information on this forum. My mission is to learn as much as possible about makeup that won't interfere with acne. However I need to know if that even exists before embarking on my journey! eusa_think.gifdoubt.gif

Guest *Clara

MAC is non acnegenic. But besides that, try reading up on all the threads here because you'll eventually find something.

OMG! I went to the makeup counter asking for BOTH those makeups and the lady sold me something else!

However, she did ask me if I wanted coverage. And I did, 'cos my skin is pretty much spotted all over from acne. Concealers or any kind of spot coverage would not work.

But that's just so weird. I had gone there when I heard a Lancome commercial on the radio, they said the people at the Dillard's counter could help me match a tone. The lady told me its coverage was really very sheer and was really designed to be a base, not for coverage.

Then I asked about MAC which I'd been hearing about for a while and I don't even remember what she said. This was a couple months ago, but now even though I've been happy with the coverage from Fashion Fair Souffle, I want makeup I can wear for four hours and not have to worry about what my face my look like the next day!

That lady was feeding you a line of bull. Lancome Tiente Idole covers really well (in my humble opinion) and I think she was just trying to make a better sale. Let me guess, she's never had a blemish ever in her life, right?

I hate makeup counter ladies. GRR!

oooh, I don't know, she had these pretty hideous blotches along her jawline! (awfully sensitive of me as an acne sufferer, isn't it? badgrin.gif )

I'll have to test out that brand and see how well it covers.

I just used the makeup again a yesterday and the day before. It doesn't exactly cause new acne, but it does seem to irritate and inflame the ones I already have. I could actually feel it itching one particular pimple!

But you see, yesterday I applied the makeup immediately after the cleansing + BP routine. The day before I just put on the makeup even though it had been hours since my last treatment. The irritation seems to occur after I'd waited longer, as if the irritants had collected on my skin and were now wreaking havoc.

So basically yesterday I did do the BP treatment three times (in the morning before the makeup, in the afternoon after taking off the makeup and then at night before sleeping). The pimples on my face aren't more irritated now. I just hope this keeps working!

i just recently started using makeup to conceal my acne and the dark scars left behind. i bought MAC studio finish concealor in nw45 and it works excellent for my brown skin. i also have MAC studio fix foundation powder and i like it very much as well. both products are non acne genic and they don't cause acne on me.

OMG!  I went to the makeup counter asking for BOTH those makeups and the lady sold me something else!

However, she did ask me if I wanted coverage.  And I did, 'cos my skin is pretty much spotted all over from acne.  Concealers or any kind of spot coverage would not work.

But that's just so weird.  I had gone there when I heard a Lancome commercial on the radio, they said the people at the Dillard's counter could help me match a tone.  The lady told me its coverage was really very sheer and was really designed to be a base, not for coverage. 

Then I asked about MAC which I'd been hearing about for a while and I don't even remember what she said.  This was a couple months ago, but now even though I've been happy with the coverage from Fashion Fair Souffle, I want makeup I can wear for four hours and not have to worry about what my face my look like the next day!