Notifications
Clear all

Itchyness!

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 02/07/2014 12:40 pm

i have been on roaccutane for 3 days and am feeling quite itchy on my face, scalp back and arms! is this a side effect? is there a way of easing it? will it go away? i feel like people are going to notice im itching and think i have nits or something LOL

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 02/07/2014 6:46 pm

I was so itchy too on my arms, face, and everywhere my first month. It went away completely sometime in my second month. Moisturizing your skin as much as you can with a cream (not thin lotion) may help you, but may not completely get rid of it.

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 02/08/2014 6:09 am

ah ok thank you. at least i know im not imagining it- its something i can cope with anyway :)

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 02/10/2014 12:59 pm

I remember feeling like a crackhead always itching my face for that first month. The itchiness was also mostly on my face and arms too, I have no idea why accutane does this and why it happens only in the first month. It'll be gone in month 2 and you'll forget it about it by then :)

MemberMember
(@enelson96)

Posted : 02/10/2014 5:28 pm

Everything that you mentioned got extremely itchy for my into my second week of accutane.

I now moisturize with CeraVe heavy cream that comes in a jar every morning and night. I use argan oil (many, many drops) on my scalp every night too.

I use Embryolisse cream on my face every morning and night.

I use a lot more moisturizer than I used to before starting accutane. I take big globs to spread on my body, face and scalp instead of just a a little bit.

Now that I am more into my 3rd week and I've been moisturizing a lot more, my skin has gotten much less itchy.

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 02/10/2014 5:51 pm

thanks guys! thankfully its not bad all the time, just glad to know its normal :) i am getting a possible start of a breakout though :o