Notifications
Clear all

Spiro Manufacturers

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 02/06/2014 10:53 pm

Hi all.. I just recently have been reading that different manufacturers of Spironolactone can have different results...anyone have any history of this? I am using the manufacturer Qualitest and some say this doesnt work as well....any advice/experience would be great!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/07/2014 11:36 am

i am using that kind and have had no issues with it.

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 02/07/2014 1:34 pm

okay thank you! I think I am over thinking it.....

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/07/2014 2:58 pm

yeah its easy to do that when you are breaking out. are you new to taking spiro? if so give it time to kick in - it takes a while.

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 02/07/2014 3:50 pm

ive been on it for a little over three months and so far great results!! I mostly just have some red marks which are very annoying..any advice on those?? And i probably just need to give spiro a little more time to clear up the small pimples i get every once in awhile..how have you been doing on it? How many mg?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/08/2014 3:29 pm

glad you are doing well on it. just a note the spiro itself wont clear up any existing acne but it will stop new acne from forming so i would add in a glycolic acid to help keep those pores clear. i use a glycolic acid toner but they also sell a product here on this site as well. for the red marks i get ipl's they work very well. i am doing really good on the spiro i started taking it last december. i take 50mg morning and night.

Check this out its very interesting and states why some sort of AHA is needed.

Clogged pores in your skin start the process because the sebum (oil) that your pores produce cannot escape. As the oil hardens under the skins surface it creates a plug making it impossible for newly-produced sebum to be released. This is the process that leads to unsightly pimples or whiteheads. In extreme cases, bacteria is introduced and pimples get infected. This is the primary cause of acne. Glycolic acid stops the process before it begins by keeping the pores open and melting hardened sebum. Over time, because the process continually melts sebum, you will see a steady improvement in the appearance and clarity of your skin. No hard sebum no plugged pores. No clogged pores no pimples. No pimples no acne. Its simple and effective. In fact, most doctors recommend glycolic acid specifically for this purpose. When you first begin using glycolic acid products, it takes time to reverse clogged pores and melt the sebum that has already formed under you skin. This may take up to 3 - 6 weeks. Regular use of glycolic acid helps keep your pores free of blockages so that pimples do not form again.

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 02/08/2014 5:07 pm

I use glycolic acid pads that my dermatologist prescribed me and they work great, keeps my skin extra clear and my over all skin tone is more even. Now I just have to deal with actual acne scars, they are slowly fading but not as fast as I would like. Good to see Spiro working for the two of you, I'm going on my 5th month of Spiro and love the results so far.

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 02/09/2014 12:57 am

thank you both so much for replying!! I'll have to look into that!! I think that could really help some of the blackheads on my nose :)

And Valerie43 can I ask what manufacturer you are using?