Using Epiduo Instea...

Notifications
Clear all

Using Epiduo Instead Of Bp?

MemberMember
(@idlekoala)

Posted : 02/05/2014 7:10 pm

Hey guys. I have acne (big surprise) and I have tried alot of different things to get rid of it, face washes, homemade treatments and the like. At most these things only helped alittle, but I still have bad acne. I recently came across the Regimen and I really like the idea. Ive already been follow the steps on how to wash my face and have been super gentle. Its really helps cause my face looks way less red now. :)

My question is if I can Epiduo instead of bp? Cause I just got a huge tube of Epiduo that frankly cost a butt ton of money and I dont wanna waste it. Epiduo contains 2.5% Bp but it also has other ingredients. So is that bad? I would follow the Regimen the same in every other way. Thanks :)

P.S Epiduo is only supposed to be applied once a day, can I use it twice? If can with Bp I dont really see why not.

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 02/05/2014 11:11 pm

Epiduo also has adapalene (sp?) in it, which is a tretinoin like retin-a. I would NOT use it twice a day - I think this would be way too harsh. Why not stick with just once a day, or try a regular BP in the morning and the epiduo at night if you are ultra determined to apply BP twice a day. There can be quite a lot of initial flaking, drying, and redness with epiduo, and I think any more than once a day is likely to do more harm than good. Or why not start with just the epiduo at night and see how your skin does before considering adding more BP?

I think I remember reading about someone on this board somewhere that was using the regimen and incorporated epiduo, but I can't remember who - hopefully they will see this post and share their methods with you.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 02/06/2014 10:10 am

I agree with the above poster, your skin won't thank you for applying adapalene twice a day. I found Epiduo on its own once a day far more effective than the regimen anyway and I've spent months on both so my recommendation is to just forget about the regimen altogether and use the Epiduo once a day at night because in my view it is a far better acne treatment.

MemberMember
(@idlekoala)

Posted : 02/06/2014 11:28 am

Alright thanks. I'll stick to using one application of Epiduo a day and the recommend amount on the tube and see how that works. I might try Bp somewhere down the road if this doesnt help to much. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 02/06/2014 12:03 pm

Good plan. Go easy with it though. Less is always more with Epiduo so only use a very thin layer. Good luck!