Notifications
Clear all

Skin Regime On Accutane,what Should I Use ?

MemberMember
(@richyp19)

Posted : 02/05/2014 10:14 am

Hi guys i'm about to start accutane at the end of the week and just wanted to know what products to use for my new skin regime :) if u guys could post product names,cost,stores that sell them,how to use and general information about them i would appreciate it so much. I'm new to the website and would like you guys to help me through my journey

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 02/05/2014 2:32 pm

hi- ive just started roaccutane today so im not an expert on what to use yet but i went and got a gentle face wash by Nivea- ive been told not to use anything that is abrasive like an exfoliator or anything thats specificly for acne as its too harsh. also- moisturizer- i got an oil free one so it doesn't clog my skin. and a lip balm ready for the dryness. i will just wait and see what works and what doesnt i guess. some on here use jojoba oil -which you can get from holland and barrets-and add a tiny amount to their moisturizer or lip balm too.

good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@karamcf)

Posted : 02/05/2014 4:29 pm

i use: aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser, neutrogena ultra gentle moisturizer, Aquaphor for lips, and vaseline cocoa butter lotion for body. all can be found at the drugstore. Pretty much no flakiness/dryness as long as i apply moisturizer/Aquaphor consistently and liberally! I've been on accutane for one month and can see a HUGE difference already.

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 02/06/2014 3:13 pm

Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser (for face and sometimes for body), Dove sensitive skin bodywash, Aquaphor, Aquaphor, Aquaphor, Aveeno Eczema Therapy cream, Johnson and Johnson baby oil (slather on wet skin right after shower and before lotioning up), Cortinzone Extra Stength cream when lips get severely chapped and crack open in corners, and I use a girly face lotion so can't really recommend that for a dude.

MemberMember
(@timelysprouts)

Posted : 02/06/2014 6:22 pm

Lotion, lotion, lotion.....

I made the mistake of thinking hey my skins not oily at all so i shouldnt break out anymore and only used lotion rarely but to the contrary i was breaking out and even getting bad pimples i never used to get before treatment. The breakouts stopped once i started using lotion every day especially after taking a shower. Thats pretty much it just try not to use any type of exfoliator while your on