Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rudeboy

"after" breakout

i stopped exactly 1 week & one day ago with Amnesteen (generic Accutane).. it was very successful, i was 99.9% clear. the derm "warned" me for an "after" breakout, i think i have 1 pimple-a-like bump on my cheek (just appeared during the night, saw it this morning) not sure if i can put anything on it or not..

anyway.. i know everyone is different but did anyone here who quit Accutane/Amnesteen got an "after" breakout, if so.. how severe & how long did it last, derm told me if it lasts longer then 2 months i should come back to him.

thanks.

How long was your treatment? I was supposed to be on a 5 month treatment and stayed on for 3 months... so if I understand you correctly.... its now a few months later and I do have residual acne. Although I chalk it up to not finishing my treatment. Maybe its a stubborn cyst... have you tried a cortisone shot on the spot?

i was on it for about 6 months (5 out of the 6 on 40mg per day), the whatever it was is disappearing (yeah :} we'll have to see what happens from here on... stay positive is what i try :}

I was prescribed Amnesteem about 2 weeks ago... I have it sitting in front of me. I'm scared that I might get a huge breakout (I have like 4 pimples atm). I work in sales and I'm starting to think that I might have to quit if I get a breakout. My doc is starting me with 80mg and it will be like that for 6 months...

BTW my nurse said to take it with milk... is that ok? I thought it wasn't supposed to be taken with milk...

i did not have a heavy breakout @ the beginning, what are you going to quit if you get a breakout ? (it's still early :}

yeah.. read stories of taking it w/ milk, i took it with water since my derm/nurse never said anything about taking it w/ milk..

Hey there all... well my derm also never gave me the option of choosing to have accutane but rather gave me Amnesteem right from the get go... i called her the day i filled the script to verify if this was right and she told me she wont perscribe accutane because she has a strong liking towards Amnesteem and said she feels it has less side effects with faster results and although its not documented she feels this is the case... well i just finished my 4 mo treatment and im glad i listened to her... 2 weeks into the treatment was acne was 50% GONE and by the first mo 100% GONE and never once got the initial break the only side effect however was i had slightly dry lips but not nearly as bad as everyone says they are... as long as i put on lip balm after a meal or drinking something (as it washes it away) i was totally fine... i was on 40MG Once a day for 4 mo and i now have friends telling me i have "Jessica Simpson's" complexion!!!! WHAT A TURN AROUND!!! Never again will I question a Gerogetown graduate!... i have now been off Amnesteem for 6 mo and i have gotten 3 small pimples that were gone within a day or so and hardly noticiable... good luck to all those out there on it... theres a light at the end of the tunnel not toooo much long now... BE EXCITED! eusa_dance.gif

I had a major breakout right after i got off Accutane. It's going away its been about 3 weeks dr said it it lasts another 3 weeks i'll go on another cycle of accutane. Accutane is very inconsitent it all depends on how fast your body gets rid of it. It takes anywhere from a week to 8 years for the body to get rid of accutane in your system. Depending on how fast your body gets rid of it you may or may not have a breakout right after. Most commonly people dont get their acne back for 6 or 7 years and then they go on another cycle and its gone for life. Just depends but yeah it does happen the majority of peoples acne comes back after about 6 or 7 years off accutane but us unlucky few have a breakout right after.