Notifications
Clear all

Moisturiser And Redness

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 02/05/2014 2:58 am

Anyone know of any moisturisers that reduce redness? I have fair skin, so if the moisturiser had spf too thatd be so good? ive used olay complete spf 15 and dove essentials spf 15. the dove takes all colour out of my face so i look dead, and the olay one makes my face more red. cant win :/

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 02/05/2014 3:43 am

I think something natural or organic would help you. Especially something with rose in because it's very calming for redness. I'm really against using synthetic chemical skincare, especially moisturisers because those are the ones that sink in and really get into our skin and tissue, so any harmful chemical like Benzoyl Alcohol , all the parabens and Disodium EDTA (I'm just listing a few of the ingredients that are in one of the moisturisers you mentioned), they all get absorbed really deep into the skin and damage it from the inside (believe me when I say I've learnt my lesson using chemical products as I'm now stuck with severe facial eczema AND rosacea, which have been caused by them) :(

Try something natural, organic isn't a must, it just means the quality won't be quite as good.

I've read so much about people using green tea to calm redness/red zits . You're meant to make a cup of green tea as you would normally and pour it into a spray bottle, spray on skin after cleansing and then moisturise. I've heard wonders about it and I'm gonna try it myself later !

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 02/05/2014 4:59 am

do you know any good brands tho? any specific products?

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 02/05/2014 5:31 am

I'm in the UK (I don't know if you are too) but the ones I like are:

This is my fave company ... [Removed]

Their rose cleanser is the BEST.

I don't use their moisturisers because I'm using something else. but I think they'd be good for you.

100PercentPure is also good. expensive though. There's a healing balm on there that my mom used when she had bad sun burn and it totally cleared it up within 2 days. I can't use it though because I'm allergic to lavender oil.

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 02/05/2014 6:04 am

dont think they sell those in australia :/ unlucky, thanks so much for the reply tho :) anyone else know of some (in aus)?

MemberMember
(@scotty8996)

Posted : 02/05/2014 6:47 am

http://moogoo.com.au/ is a really good Aussie skincare company. :) They do natural cleansers/moisturisers etc for all different skin conditions.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 02/06/2014 1:58 am

know of any others? :)