Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Montana

POST HOW YOU GET RID OF BLACKHEADS

Clean & Clear done nothing for me... admittedly it did leave skin smoother and generally nicer looking. However, I washed it of after massaging it for a few seconds -> are you supposed to leave it on for a few minutes?

Montana- I've never had a blackhead on my cheeks before so I couldn't say, but I think that it will work on your cheeks because the salicylic acid is the ingredient that does the job. A blackhead is basically dead skin cells and bacteria clogging an open pore. (a closed pore would look more like a whitehead or inflamed pimple)

The salicylic acid breaks down the oil and bacteria so it can be cleaned out. If that's the case then technically salicylic acid should work on any blackhead, whether it's on the nose or the cheek. Just my logic. It's worth a try right?

Kirkland-- I always have better results with products when I leave them on for about a minnute or two to do their job. The active ingredient has to have time to actually break down the oil and dirt. I gently massage it in for a while really well and then let it sit on my face for a bit and then rinse it off. Hope that helps smile.gif

I steam my face for ten minutes. Then wipe a stridex pad over the blackhead. Then I pop the bastard. I then wash my whole face with SA then apply BP