Notifications
Clear all

The Regimen... Ha

MemberMember
(@muffhandz)

Posted : 02/03/2014 10:49 pm

How is this supposed to work any better than proactive? Its just a benzoyl peroxide based regimen..... How is it any different than using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide from Walgreens. How is it any different than ANY other 3 step face regimen. Its the same crap. Not feeling very determined about this. You can keep drying up your breakouts all you want. You will just have a face full of dried up pimples. Its not fixing anything from the inside of the pores... Your skin is still going to clog up and get pimples. This regimen helps a little bit, just about as much as proactive will do. Its a shame. This website is somewhat a scam. Thanks Dan for getting our hopes up!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 02/03/2014 10:59 pm

It really is very different from proactive. From memory, proactive has BP in it's cleanser and in it's moisturiser / treatment cream (not sure about the toner).

The Regimen uses a 'plain' cleanser and moisturiser meaning there is no BP in them - it's just the 2.5% BP treatment step with the active ingredient. In my experience the Regimen has helped far more than proactive. The way you use the BP and the amount of BP you gradually work up to with the regimen really makes all the difference.

It's no scam. You can buy store versions / equivalents of the products if you want to - you don't have to buy them directly from the acne.org website for the regimen to still work.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/04/2014 9:13 am

Lilly, I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

The Regimen might seem similar to most BP based products in the market, but really it isn't. Dan explains this very well if you watch his videos on the site. I will be the first to stand up for this because it has been the only real regimen to help me out with my severe acne. You can see for yourself in my signature below. Don't be to quick to judge. That's not fair if you haven't given the regimen a fair shot and you haven't done your homework about the product.

MemberMember
(@muffhandz)

Posted : 02/04/2014 12:27 pm

I have been using it for about 3 weeks now. Not seeing much results:/

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 02/04/2014 1:36 pm

Lots of people don't see results until about 6 months or so...sometimes their acne gets worse before it gets better. For the good majority of folks here that have done the Regimen successfully, this is usually the case. Some take less time, some more. But I can almost guarantee you that you're not going to see anything phenomenal in three weeks...

MemberMember
(@mariahg)

Posted : 02/04/2014 4:04 pm

It's not cool to bash the regimen and say these things about it when you only used it for 3 weeks. You're going to discourage people who are thinking about trying it out

I have used proactiv and it did nothing but make my acne worse. Dans regimen has cleared my skin, and it took like 6 months

Have patience

(@LewisS)

Posted : 02/04/2014 7:30 pm

It's certainly not a scam, but it's also not an easy route to clearing up acne. You have to be mentally prepared to deal with the sides. It's something you have to persevere with.

Before you make a judgement, give it a shot. Even though I no longer use the regimen, I am relatively clear post-regimen and I think that's mainly due to the aspects such as being very gentle when cleansing and applying product to your face. The regimen isn't just a 3-step method, more so a complete overhaul of what you believe to be correct when treating acne.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 02/05/2014 1:30 am

3 weeks is still super early on in the regimen. It can be tough at first and make you feel like quitting but give it a while longer - at least 3 or 4 months. Hang in there, follow the regimen exactly as described and you should see great results!

MemberMember
(@muffhandz)

Posted : 02/05/2014 7:47 pm

3 months is that because ill have to purchase a new kit within a month? I feel like this is some kind of scam. I have yet to see any kind of real proof that this works besides a few people talking on youtube with no before pictures. They all claim to have "communicated with dan" aswell. Very fishy. If you keep applying bp your going to dry out your acne but its still going to keep popping up. Ive been applying bp for months and months now. I have been using dans kit for 3 weeks. Still breaking out. i fucking hate acne. Id rather be blind. Not really, but atleast i wouldnt have to look at the cysts on my face.

Doesnt dan even say he used accutane?? Not this regimen lol? Id bet alot of money that he doesnt do this on a daily basis.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 02/05/2014 8:35 pm

Check out the regimen galleries here for before, during and after photos of people using the regimen.

It's 3 months because with majority of acne treatments, that's how long you need to give it to give it a proper chance of working. I had a doctor tell me it's because around '3 months worth' of acne can be sitting in the deeper layers of the skin about to surface... I don't know if that's true though. But regardless, 3 weeks isn't long enough to know a treatment does or doesn't work. Nothing works overnight or that quickly.

And again, it's not a scam because you can buy store equivalents of the acne.org products if that's what you'd rather do. Dan's sharing something that works if you're patient and can follow it exactly.

BP can stop new acne from forming. My understanding of how it works is that it oxygenates the skin, making the acne causing bacteria unable to 'live' on the skin. Not just drying up current breakouts.

I used BP for years on and off before starting the regimen as well. And it really is the way and amount of BP that you use on the regimen that makes all the difference.

MemberMember
(@missaly)

Posted : 02/06/2014 9:26 pm

The regimen is absolutely not a scam. I was hesitant to try it at first just because I was so used to being disappointed with acne treatments as they never seemed to really work for me but I can honestly say starting this regimen was the best decision I ever made! Seems dramatic but it is now 2 years after I started and I am still clear. I followed the regimen to a T from the very beginning and I think that was a huge part of my success. Don't try and cut corners or skip days/applications- just do it right and you will see results. My face cleared up completely within about 2.5 months.

If you haven't started using Dan's AHA yet, I highly recommend you do! My skin had a really rough texture in the beginning which made it tough to apply makeup but since using the AHA I haven't had that problem. My skin is actually really soft and smooth. AHA is a must for anyone using this regiment in my opinion!

Stick with it and you will see amazing results. But like I said, do it the right away or you are just taking steps backwards and will have wasted your time.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@muffhandz)

Posted : 02/06/2014 9:34 pm

Haha! Thanks Dan.... Posts like this one make me feel like this site is even more of a scam....^^^ Cant beleive you people actually buy into this crap. Who would post a picture of themselves with 14 posts, each post promoting dans products. " Oh they are so great." " I heard acne.org products are good so give them a try". "Accutane cleared me but then i broke out again and dans products cleared me again"..... Miss ally got some before and after pictures of yourself?

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 02/07/2014 12:29 am

Well, I just started the regimen.. will be done my first week tomorrow AND I will be uploading pictures EVERY week.. so if it's a "scam", others who read these threads can see the proof in the pudding. Guess we'll see in a couple of months.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 02/07/2014 12:50 am

Muffhandz, it's coming across like you're just not willing to give it a go. In the end, it'll only be your loss for not properly trying the regimen

MemberMember
(@faceisflaky)

Posted : 02/07/2014 1:43 am

don't do the regimen during winter. just focus on cleansing and keeping your skin well moisturized(very important to keep moisture). start the regimen when it spring comes

MemberMember
(@positivepositivity)

Posted : 02/07/2014 7:17 pm

Just chillin after school, browsing at the forums... and I see this. I logged in just so I can reply.

Honestly muffy, I feel sorry for you. I started this Regimen about a month ago and am getting results. I'm not 100% clear but I don't want to be because I know persevering through with this Regimen slowly but surely I will make strides of progress. You sound like a 13 year old child that can't take anything that doesn't get in his/her way.

You should have done enough research from the beginning in order to be willingly diving in and buying this Regimen in the first place. Don't make accusations at other people and their results when you haven't even looked at yourself yet. Everyone's different. Follow this to the T for 6 months with no other change in your lifestyle (eating habits, exercising, etc.) and if you don't get ANY results even after 6 MONTHS, THEN you can say that we are lying.

Good luck. I think you'll need it.

MemberMember
(@purplesky)

Posted : 03/02/2014 5:08 pm

There is no scam about it. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. It is likely it will not work for so many reasons, but that doesn't mean to say it definitely won't work.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/04/2014 9:52 am

Success Stories: http://www.acne.org/success.php

Why The Regimen is different than Proactiv: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#proactiv

Hope that helps!

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 03/04/2014 10:41 am

the only SCAM with this forum is the lack of a "successful treatments" subforum - the place to share successful acne treatments regardless of their type > there are real people who keep skin clear by healthy holistic/alternative methods and its CRUEL to make their posts dissipate ..in favour of a lifelong chemical product use. how convenient..

it's also convenient to make a low bp concentration product which means you have to apply a whole lot for it's effect. personally i've only used brevoxyl (bp 4%) which made me clear in a few days, so it'll always amaze me these "one month is not enough to see effects". but i may be a lucky minority and all in all this acne.org was a lifechanger and it's product possibly irreplaceable for a lot of people. for that i'm grateful.

MemberMember
(@minaaa)

Posted : 03/04/2014 4:59 pm

Ah, cynicism...such a beautiful thing.

No seriously, I was pretty wary about starting the regimen, about one and a half months ago, but I have it a try because I was pretty desperate. And the improvements have been pretty great. Yes, the BP does dry your pimples if you get any, but that's not the point. It prevents you from getting any new ones. No new acne=no zits to be dried up.

However, you did mention cysts. If you have recurring cysts that are quite deep, BP may not help. If you're that concerned about them, i'd try antibiotics alongside the regimen.

MemberMember
(@risu)

Posted : 03/05/2014 12:09 am

Want to know why some of us don't have before pictures? It's because we're too embarrassed of our skin to get in front of a camera. That's the case for me, at least.

I'm now on day 30. Although I am still getting a pimple here and there, its much better than getting them every other day. I feel that this journey is more of a marathon than a sprint. Gotta prepare yourself for the long haul. If you feel like you're going to have acne whether you do it or don't, what's the harm in trying? You don't have to buy Dan's products. I haven't yet. I may in the future if this works for me in the long run, given that purchasing BP and AHA in bulk from this site will be less expensive than .75 oz tubes of On-The-Spot.

MemberMember
(@patienceisvirtue)

Posted : 03/05/2014 1:16 am

I am so happy how everyone is discussing about the topic i wanted to hear about ..... I started using the regimen precisely since October and have not failed to follow the directions not even for a single day. I would say its been almost 5 months for me. I have moderate acne more concentrated on my cheeks. I agree how it gets worse before it gets better. The first three months was so bad for me because my acne got worse than ever. But i was willing to give it a chance for consistent 6 months and I am still hanging in there. But i am still somewhat hesitant because i would get cystic acne around either of my cheeks every two weeks. I understand if I get them around my menstrual cycle but other times i dont understand. I have been very strict about my diet and I drink 2L of water every day. Stress is not really an issue for me because I sleep for minimum of 10 hours. I am confused when everyone says i cleared up..... Are you guys saying there is mo active breakouts or are you guys referring to how your skin is acne free and you have that kind of confidence to look in the mirror and be surprised of how nice your skin looks. ??!!??? 3 weeks ago..... i saw huge improvement which shocked me I was so surprised and so thankful that i was finally seeing what i wanted to see in my skin and a week later i would get big cystic acne around my cheeks :'( i am praying that this will definitely clear me up because just like others i ve been using whole bunch of other acne products which have done nothing. I am aware that i do have quite alot of scarring on my face from post acne thats why ive been using the AHA. But the continuous new breakouts are making me hopeless...... I ve attached a picture of my current skin state... Hope this helps....

post-368200-0-27310300-1394000161.jpg

post-368200-0-27310300-1394000161.jpg

MemberMember
(@patienceisvirtue)

Posted : 03/05/2014 1:31 am

Lilly, I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

The Regimen might seem similar to most BP based products in the market, but really it isn't. Dan explains this very well if you watch his videos on the site. I will be the first to stand up for this because it has been the only real regimen to help me out with my severe acne. You can see for yourself in my signature below. Don't be to quick to judge. That's not fair if you haven't given the regimen a fair shot and you haven't done your homework about the product.

Hey congrats on your success with the regimen. I just have few questions regarding your skincare routine with the acne.org ..... I see that you use the cetaphil gentle cleanser and cerave moisturizer..... Did you use these from the beginning when you started the acne.org regimen or you ended up switching it out with the Acne.org cleanser and moisturizer later on??? Did you thought the cetaphil clenaser and the cerave moisturizer was a better alternative than the acne.org ones..?!!??

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/05/2014 10:11 am

Lilly, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Hey congrats on your success with the regimen. I just have few questions regarding your skincare routine with the acne.org ..... I see that you use the cetaphil gentle cleanser and cerave moisturizer..... Did you use these from the beginning when you started the acne.org regimen or you ended up switching it out with the Acne.org cleanser and moisturizer later on??? Did you thought the cetaphil clenaser and the cerave moisturizer was a better alternative than the acne.org ones..?!!??

I got clear not using any acne.org products. I used cetaphil as my cleanser and night time moisturizer and benzac as my treatment. They worked really well for me and I believe they are great alternatives. I switched to Acne.org products about 5 months into the regimen and so far have worked out really well for me. The only acne.org product I haven't tried is the moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@thisuser)

Posted : 03/08/2014 11:32 pm

How is this supposed to work any better than proactive? Its just a benzoyl peroxide based regimen..... How is it any different than using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide from Walgreens. How is it any different than ANY other 3 step face regimen. Its the same crap. Not feeling very determined about this. You can keep drying up your breakouts all you want. You will just have a face full of dried up pimples. Its not fixing anything from the inside of the pores... Your skin is still going to clog up and get pimples. This regimen helps a little bit, just about as much as proactive will do. Its a shame. This website is somewhat a scam. Thanks Dan for getting our hopes up!

You realize you can use drugstore products, right? So how is it a scam? The Regimen is similar to ProActiv, but ProActiv was way too aggravating to me and didn't use enough BP to completely clear skin.

Muffhandz, it's coming across like you're just not willing to give it a go. In the end, it'll only be your loss for not properly trying the regimen

Exactly. Muffhandz is the one with something to lose. Not us. We're a testimony of the results.