Notifications
Clear all

Just Finished My Course Of Roaccutane... How Do I Maintain The Results?

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/03/2014 3:49 pm

heeeey long time no post

so i went on roaccutane in august 2013, and i'm just finishing off my last few days worth of pills now. my skin is clear! aside from red marks obviously. i still get a spot or two like once a week (is that normal?) but yeah i'm happy and i can actually leave the house now.

anyway like i said i have a few days worth of tablets left and i had an appointment with my dermatologist today - i asked him about maintenance and if he was going to prescribe me something like a retinoid to use now i've completed the course but he said it wasn't necessary and that once i've finished off my remaining tablets i should just use nothing. am i right to be worried by this? i mean because most people use something for a little while afterwards to make sure it stays clear don't they? i just don't know if i feel comfortable just.. doing nothing to treat it at all even if it is clear. it'd be awful to finally feel like a normal person who can get on with daily life only for it all to come back because i didn't do anything to maintain it.

can anyone tell me what i should do, i still have one last appointment with my dermatologist just as a check up so i could speak to him then.

oh and while i'm here what do you guys do about red marks? should i just leave them to fade on their own?

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/04/2014 12:48 pm

can anyone help please? i'm worried lol

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 02/05/2014 10:06 am

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I started accutane (absorica) in September 2013 and just saw my derm today and she informed me that I'm done after I take my last few pills. Horray, I'm almost free! She said if I get a pimple here and there that I can use an over-the-counter spot treatment. She also asked if I wanted a prescription topical like benzaclin, epiduo, or a retinoid. I asked her if I could get the retinoid (Retin-A) because it also helps with wrinkles and preventing them (I'm 27). She told me that if I get more than a few pimples again, that I should come back and see her. I guess all derms are different.

From reading these acne.org blogs, it seems like many people don't need anything to prevent pimples right after treatment, but some need some sort of prescription topical a few months or a year down the road, and other need a second round of accutane. If you find that you get more than a few pimples here and there and over the counter stuff isn't helping, you could call or see your derm and ask for a prescription topical, I don't see why they wouldn't prescribe one or two for you.

Another thing I took away from reading these blogs is that it seems like the majority of people's red marks fade and/or go away within a few months after stopping treatment. I don't have too many red marks so I can't really give personal advice, I just some old and new scars on my forehead, which my derm suggested laser resurfacing in a year from now to help improve. She also said that retinoids and other topicals won't help much with improving scars, but I didn't ask about red marks.

I would try searching the acne.org blogs and forums for "post accutane red marks" and see what others have done to help them heal, or just give your derm a call and she what he/she suggests.

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/05/2014 7:19 pm

it's not letting me quote for some reasoneusa_think.gif but anyway..

congrats on finishing your course! i don't know about you but i feel weird not taking it now.. like i've lost my security blanket haha.

ahh i was really hoping mine would prescribe me a retinoidsad.png he said to me that 'some countries do it', are you from america? maybe it's not a regular thing over here in the uk? i really want to ask him if he'll prescribe me at least something on my last appointment but i feel like an annoyancelol.gif

yeah i guess if it starts getting bad again i'll just make an appointment with my doctor. just that if it does go bad then i'm going to feel like it was because i didn't have any maintenance treatment. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that roaccutane has permanently changed my skineusa_pray.gif

yeah true i think i will just leave the red marks to fade, you're skins supposed to heal faster once you stop roaccutane anyway i've read. i can cover them quite easily with make up so it's not too bad. planning on getting some chemical peels in the future to help with the texture too.

thanks so much for the advice!

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 02/06/2014 3:05 pm

Yeah, I'm from America (DC represent!) and my derm seems prescription happy in general and hasn't hesitated too much to write prescriptions for anything. Don't hesitate to ask for something or be afraid to speak up. Just express your concerns and ask. The worst they can say is no and you won't get anything, which is the same thing that what will happen if you don't speak up

And yeah about that security blanket, I feel you there. I haven't completely finished but it does feel a little wierd knowing that in a few days I'll stop and I'm afraid that the oiliness and acne will return to the levels (or close to them) that they were before :'(

I was reading up on the types of acne scars I have eariler and saw some things that mentioned that acne hyperpigmentation (red marks) aren't permanent and will fade with time, so I think you're probably good.

Also, quoting on here wasn't working for me either.. hmm...

MemberMember
(@ucfknight14)

Posted : 02/07/2014 3:03 pm

Hey there,

Don't mean to scare you or anything but I am currently one my second course of accutane because my acne came back but it was about two and a half years between my current course and my first course. My derm thinks that my first derm didn't prescribe me the correct dosage so my accutane came back. But my skin was clear after my first course. I have pics in my gallery to show you how bad my skin was before accutane. I have pics to after. My skin progressively got better after my first course. I was prescribed fiancea after my first course of accutane but I feel like it did not do much so I used it from time to time but my face felt flawless after my first course of accutane. I did not really do much except just wash my face regularly with a cleanser day and night. I rarely broke out and if i did. It would be gone in about two to three days. I got compliments on my skin regulary and that I was glowing a lot so your skin will get better as the months go by. Unfortunately, my acne came back but I am confident that I will be clear and stay clear once this one is over since I am on a higher dosage for a longer period. Good luck, your skin will be flawless soon!

Oh by the way, she prescribed me finacea for the red marks......but like I said, it didn't really didn't do much. They will fade on their own, just make sure you use a light sunscreen on your face and drink lots of water after the treatment. That really worked for me

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/08/2014 5:52 pm

'Yeah, I'm from America (DC represent!) and my derm seems prescription happy in general and hasn't hesitated too much to write prescriptions for anything. Don't hesitate to ask for something or be afraid to speak up. Just express your concerns and ask. The worst they can say is no and you won't get anything, which is the same thing that what will happen if you don't speak up smile.png

And yeah about that security blanket, I feel you there. I haven't completely finished but it does feel a little wierd knowing that in a few days I'll stop and I'm afraid that the oiliness and acne will return to the levels (or close to them) that they were before :'(

I was reading up on the types of acne scars I have eariler and saw some things that mentioned that acne hyperpigmentation (red marks) aren't permanent and will fade with time, so I think you're probably good.

Also, quoting on here wasn't working for me either.. hmm...'

still not working! i thought i might have just forgotten how to use this cause i haven't been on for months haha. sort it out please

oh i'm jealous, everything about america looks so much better than here. well the nhs system over here isn't exactly renowned for it's amazing service - although i can't really complain as i haven't had to pay a penny - i didn't even have the same dermatologist throughout - kept switching between two lol which leaves me wondering if the other one might have prescribed me something but that's a good point, i'm probably one of the shyest people existing right now but when it comes to my skin anything that i think will benefit it will be done! so i'm gonna try to push him for something.

how many do you have left? i took my last pills the day before yesterday. i feel somewhat comforted knowing that the drug stays in your system for a while but if i could i would stay on it forever oiliness was a massive issue for me and it's worrying that some people say it often returns because it's literally been heaven not having to wipe my nose every five minutes and never having greasy hair.

the day i have no marks or blemishes on my face will be surreal to say the least

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/08/2014 6:09 pm

"Hey there,

Don't mean to scare you or anything but I am currently one my second course of accutane because my acne came back but it was about two and a half years between my current course and my first course. My derm thinks that my first derm didn't prescribe me the correct dosage so my accutane came back. But my skin was clear after my first course. I have pics in my gallery to show you how bad my skin was before accutane. I have pics to after. My skin progressively got better after my first course. I was prescribed fiancea after my first course of accutane but I feel like it did not do much so I used it from time to time but my face felt flawless after my first course of accutane. I did not really do much except just wash my face regularly with a cleanser day and night. I rarely broke out and if i did. It would be gone in about two to three days. I got compliments on my skin regulary and that I was glowing a lot so your skin will get better as the months go by. Unfortunately, my acne came back but I am confident that I will be clear and stay clear once this one is over since I am on a higher dosage for a longer period. Good luck, your skin will be flawless soon!

Oh by the way, she prescribed me finacea for the red marks......but like I said, it didn't really didn't do much. They will fade on their own, just make sure you use a light sunscreen on your face and drink lots of water after the treatment. That really worked for me"

i'm sorry to hear thatsad.png that's what i'm terrified of happening, i'm hoping the living in constant fear of it returning will wear off after a while because it'd be pretty shitty for acne to still be taking over my life even now i've got rid of it...

yours looked similar to mine. amazing results though! those pictures epitomise how i would love my skin to look. flawless and no red marks at all! how long did it take for your red marks to fade?

yeah i think i'll just continue to use the cetaphil cleanser like i did throughout the course. ideally i'd like something else to take just to be sure so i'll enquire on my last appointment.. kinda hoping i get the female dermatologist as she seems more likely to prescibe me something lol. thank you and good luck to you as well i hope you get those results again i love water so that shouldn't be a problem!

i have no idea why half of this is in bold... what is wrong with this website

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 02/09/2014 11:03 am

Hey there, I'm also from the UK. I finished my course of Roaccutane in October 2013 and my derm told me not to use anything on my skin (why??!!).

Soon after this I started to get tiny skin coloured spots on my nose and a few on my cheeks. I started using Finacea on them and they went away with a couple of months.

The only thing I will say is be careful, your skin will still be very fragile from accutane and you don't want to damage it by using harsh treatments on it too quickly. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/09/2014 2:00 pm

"Hey there, I'm also from the UK. I finished my course of Roaccutane in October 2013 and my derm told me not to use anything on my skin (why??!!).

Soon after this I started to get tiny skin coloured spots on my nose and a few on my cheeks. I started using Finacea on them and they went away with a couple of months.

The only thing I will say is be careful, your skin will still be very fragile from accutane and you don't want to damage it by using harsh treatments on it too quickly. Good luck smile.png"

ohh awesome are you totally clear now?

it's such a pain in the arse, most people don't seem to mind it coming back as long as it's not as bad as it originally was but i just want to be over and done with it if i'm honest.. nothing at all does seem weird mine's the same though really he's just kind of left me to my own devices lol.

so is finacea preodminantly used to treat spots? i've never heard of it which is strange... did you get it from your doctor? maybe i should just leave it and see how it goes then if i begin getting spots i could just go to the doctor cause even if it does come back it's meant to be not as severe as it was originally isn't it.

yes i will! this website's taught me so much about the importance of simplicity. before i used to use about 10 face washes twice a day haha. thank you

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 02/10/2014 1:56 pm

"still not working! i thought i might have just forgotten how to use this cause i haven't been on for months haha. sort it out please

oh i'm jealous, everything about america looks so much better than here. well the nhs system over here isn't exactly renowned for it's amazing service - although i can't really complain as i haven't had to pay a penny - i didn't even have the same dermatologist throughout - kept switching between two lol which leaves me wondering if the other one might have prescribed me something but that's a good point, i'm probably one of the shyest people existing right now but when it comes to my skin anything that i think will benefit it will be done! so i'm gonna try to push him for something.

how many do you have left? i took my last pills the day before yesterday. i feel somewhat comforted knowing that the drug stays in your system for a while but if i could i would stay on it forever oiliness was a massive issue for me and it's worrying that some people say it often returns because it's literally been heaven not having to wipe my nose every five minutes and never having greasy hair.

the day i have no marks or blemishes on my face will be surreal to say the least"

I'm liking your workaround on the quote issue, so I'm trying it out too haha.

America's health system is decent, but it is not without its flaws and the costs are a little insane. I personally pay a $35 co pay every time I see any of my "in-network" doctors. This is in addition to me paying $140 a month out of pocket and my employer paying $210 a month for my insurance premium that covers only myself and doesn't include vision or dental (there are separate insurance plans for these two). It sounds like you guys have less access to doctors, have a difficult time getting appointments, and have to wait a while to even see a doctor compared to us, which must suck :-/

I'm introverted and used to be really, really shy when I was your age so I totally understand where you're coming from. I've pushed myself to be more outgoing and more confident as I got older so I personally don't hesitate to ask doctors, or anyone for that matter, for anything these days. You'll be happy you asked your doctor, even if it doesn't work out in your favor. You'll slowly but surely become a little less shy and more confident through time the more you push yourself to speak up when it is outside of your comfort zone

I have 7 days' worth of pills left, but I actually stopped taking them about 3 days ago because I'm going on a snowboarding trip out west later this week. In America, the Rocky mountains out west are huge so it'll be quite the physical challenge yet a lot of fun. Since accutane has caused me a lot of muscle soreness even after minor activities and significant knee joint pain, I decided to stop taking it a week before my trip to hopefully make my trip a little less painful. I'm really hoping that I won't be feeling like a 104 year old woman who can barely walk by the end of my trip, but we'll see.

And YES, it is sooo wonderful having normal people skin and hair, being able to wear face makeup without the oil melting it away after an hour, not having to slop up a greasy face multiple times a day, and not having to feel like you need to wash your hair again 12 hours after you just washed it. I may cry a little when the oil comes back haha.

I haven't decided if I'm going to take my remaining 7 days' worth of accutane when I return from my trip or just throw them away. What do you think I should do?

MemberMember
(@c-holmes)

Posted : 02/10/2014 3:39 pm

I finished accutane on friday with roughly 3-4 pills left. I also asked my derm about a skin regime I should use post accutane she told me to stick with the routine I have been using. The routine I used throughout accutane was using cetaphil facial wash, witch hazel toner, and Ambi (moisterizer). She told me that I would probably have one-three pimples pop up ever full moon which she told me was normal. She told me to use benzoyl peroxide and retinoid cream for spot treatments and that it would work better with clearing up the pimple now that I have been through accutane. I hope this helps, and hi-five for completing accutane! we have survived!!! lol

MemberMember
(@sboo)

Posted : 02/10/2014 7:00 pm

hey uk people.... how on earth did you guys get to see a dermatologist??? did u all go private?? ive been suffering for years..tried birh control, abx, topical abx and now on differin, when i thought was helping, but hit week 4 and m time of the month, and bammmmmm, spots gallore again :(

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/11/2014 12:30 pm

"I'm liking your workaround on the quote issue, so I'm trying it out too haha.

America's health system is decent, but it is not without its flaws and the costs are a little insane. I personally pay a $35 co pay every time I see any of my "in-network" doctors. This is in addition to me paying $140 a month out of pocket and my employer paying $210 a month for my insurance premium that covers only myself and doesn't include vision or dental (there are separate insurance plans for these two). It sounds like you guys have less access to doctors, have a difficult time getting appointments, and have to wait a while to even see a doctor compared to us, which must suck :-/

I'm introverted and used to be really, really shy when I was your age so I totally understand where you're coming from. I've pushed myself to be more outgoing and more confident as I got older so I personally don't hesitate to ask doctors, or anyone for that matter, for anything these days. You'll be happy you asked your doctor, even if it doesn't work out in your favor. You'll slowly but surely become a little less shy and more confident through time the more you push yourself to speak up when it is outside of your comfort zone smile.png

I have 7 days' worth of pills left, but I actually stopped taking them about 3 days ago because I'm going on a snowboarding trip out west later this week. In America, the Rocky mountains out west are huge so it'll be quite the physical challenge yet a lot of fun. Since accutane has caused me a lot of muscle soreness even after minor activities and significant knee joint pain, I decided to stop taking it a week before my trip to hopefully make my trip a little less painful. I'm really hoping that I won't be feeling like a 104 year old woman who can barely walk by the end of my trip, but we'll see.

And YES, it is sooo wonderful having normal people skin and hair, being able to wear face makeup without the oil melting it away after an hour, not having to slop up a greasy face multiple times a day, and not having to feel like you need to wash your hair again 12 hours after you just washed it. I may cry a little when the oil comes back haha.

I haven't decided if I'm going to take my remaining 7 days' worth of accutane when I return from my trip or just throw them away. What do you think I should do?"

good right

wowwww that sucks so bad, it does take a while for things to happen over here but overall i've got to say i prefer our healthcare system just because i'm poor and like to use my money for materialistic things like clothes i still want to live in america though haha.

yeah i have improved slightly over the years, however acne did not help! but i'm a lot better than i used to be. especially with certain things like money and sorting my skin out like i said. i'm a lot more confident in those situations for obvious reasons and just say whatever is the most beneficial anyway

ahh that sounds so cool, i hope i have the guts to do something like that one day! hahaha yeah i only got minor back pain towards the beginning of the course but it was annoying.

i know isn't it i used to have to be constantly topping up my powder which always made me worry i was making my skin even worse, it's been so great to just put my make up on and that's it for the day. is it a given that the oil comes back then? like that'll definitely happen? i've seen a lot of people say theirs comes back but i'm still not sure if it applies to everyone or not.

hmm personally i would take the rest, because even though you stopped for a few days it's not like the course has been broken so to speak because it's still in your bloodstream and stuff if i'm thinking right. and then you can be safe in the knowledge you've 100% completed your course also my dermatologist told me to make sure i take every last pill and not leave any lying around anywhere - i'm not really sure why, the way he was saying it i was imagining them spontaneously combusting and burning the house down

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/11/2014 1:02 pm

"I finished accutane on friday with roughly 3-4 pills left. I also asked my derm about a skin regime I should use post accutane she told me to stick with the routine I have been using. The routine I used throughout accutane was using cetaphil facial wash, witch hazel toner, and Ambi (moisterizer). She told me that I would probably have one-three pimples pop up ever full moon which she told me was normal. She told me to use benzoyl peroxide and retinoid cream for spot treatments and that it would work better with clearing up the pimple now that I have been through accutane. I hope this helps, and hi-five for completing accutane! we have survived!!! lol"

yaaay congratulations!boogie.gif

yeah i use the cetaphil wash along with the moisturiser. do you apply the moisturiser all over your face or just on particularly dry patches? i know people with normal skin tend to apply all over when they moisturise but i'm still paranoid about doing that because my skin never got that dry.

oh cool, thank you for letting me in on some dermatologist recommendations seeing as mine just sent me on my waylol.gif i'm gonna make sure i get those things as i'll feel a lot more comfortable then. what form are you using the benzoyl peroxide in? like a face wash or a gel or?

and you!hifive.gif

"hey uk people.... how on earth did you guys get to see a dermatologist??? did u all go private?? ive been suffering for years..tried birh control, abx, topical abx and now on differin, when i thought was helping, but hit week 4 and m time of the month, and bammmmmm, spots gallore again sad.png"

i'm sorry to hear that sad.png it took me a while don't get me wrong.. how severe is yours and have you tried all the antibiotics too? most doctors make you go on literally every single one before they refer you to a dermatologist even if they know it's not workingdry.png but as you've been suffering so long they should really have done it by now

i think i got lucky also, the doctor who referred me was a trainee and so she basically let me tell her what to dobiggrin.png it also helps if you show that it's psychologically damaging you. so on your next appointment just explain that it's effecting your life and look really sad lol

once you do get referred i would also advise you to try and get it down as an emergency referral... i only had to wait like two months between the referral and the first appointment which isn't too bad but that's only because i was put down as an emergency, the normal waiting time was like 9 months i think which is crazy

good luck, i hope you get to one soonsmile.png

MemberMember
(@sboo)

Posted : 02/11/2014 4:39 pm

Thank you Ktlouise!!! I guess compared to a lot of peoples acne it would be described as mild, but that's with make up on, it covers well! I would say moderate, and it does really really get me down. Tried one lot of abx and several birth control pills, plus topicals. I asked for a referral and the last doctor just looked at me like oi was crazy and said it wasn't bad enough...its all about funds I think!!!

2 months for an emergency referral ?!?! wow. That would never wash in the veterinary world, lol! :)

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/13/2014 10:53 am

"Thank you Ktlouise!!! I guess compared to a lot of peoples acne it would be described as mild, but that's with make up on, it covers well! I would say moderate, and it does really really get me down. Tried one lot of abx and several birth control pills, plus topicals. I asked for a referral and the last doctor just looked at me like oi was crazy and said it wasn't bad enough...its all about funds I think!!!

2 months for an emergency referral ?!?! wow. That would never wash in the veterinary world, lol! smile.png"

no problem! hmm yeah now i only have my scars i'm in awe of what make up can do every time i apply it when you go to the doctors do you go with make up on? if so you should go without because obviously there'll be more chance they'll refer you. i've heard of some people even purposefully making it worse, although personally i don't think i'd be able to do that to myself

they said that to me for ages then literally over night it flared up like crazy, i don't even know what happened but i'm glad it did in a way because it meant i could go on roaccutane i agree with you there, it's a shame they don't prioritise patients over the costs but then again i think unless you've suffered with acne you don't truly realise how debilitating it is

haha yeah... it was the two longest months of my life

MemberMember
(@sboo)

Posted : 02/15/2014 5:25 pm

im not brave enough to go without makeup....so vain and stupid i know, but i cant bring myself to

MemberMember
(@lionheart88)

Posted : 02/15/2014 6:01 pm

I'm in the uk and it just depends on the doctor and where you live. I tried quite a few different things but I literally just made an appointment and asked her to refer me and she was like 'ok then' lol. Mine was quite bad though. I can't go without make up either so I used to take it off with a face wipe as I went into the doctors office then run to the toilet and reapply when I came out! 7 months on roaccutane and I'm now clear apart from red marks. Worried about coming off now though! My derm has talked about putting me on a topical for maintenance once I come off. If the red marks don't fade then after about a year you can use hydroquinone cream which the derm will prescribe though there has been some debate on how safe it is. They should fade in time, hope mine do as it looks like I still have acne at the moment!

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/16/2014 3:56 pm

"im not brave enough to go without makeup....so vain and stupid i know, but i cant bring myself to eusa_think.gif"

oh me neither! it's not stupid or vain at all. with the dermatologist i forced myself too but the first few times i bought a blanket with me and held it up to my face and refused to take it away until i was in the consulting room i must have looked crazy. i wish it was the norm to walk around wearing masks. even now i wear a scarf every time so i can kinda bury in that. just do that and wear a hat and because it's cold you'll get away with it i'm lucky in a way because my mum always drives me there and back so i'm not that exposed to the public but you could always do what lionheart88 does. the thing that made me do it was because it was just so bad i honestly couldn't have gone on with it and i just wanted it gone so i did anything i could to get myself on roaccutane. with make up you can literally make your skin look like somebody elses so it'd be hard for them to see the real extent of it but i know how horrible it is to have to do it

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 02/16/2014 4:12 pm

"I'm in the uk and it just depends on the doctor and where you live. I tried quite a few different things but I literally just made an appointment and asked her to refer me and she was like 'ok then' lol. Mine was quite bad though. I can't go without make up either so I used to take it off with a face wipe as I went into the doctors office then run to the toilet and reapply when I came out! 7 months on roaccutane and I'm now clear apart from red marks. Worried about coming off now though! My derm has talked about putting me on a topical for maintenance once I come off. If the red marks don't fade then after about a year you can use hydroquinone cream which the derm will prescribe though there has been some debate on how safe it is. They should fade in time, hope mine do as it looks like I still have acne at the moment!"

that's true! with me i was just waiting for the day when i got a doctors appointment with one who would just do what i wanted after seeing like 10 others, i never thought an appointment with a trainee with be the most successful appointment i've ever hadbiggrin.png

congrats on being clear! i feel the same, i've been off for about two weeks and i'm still having withdrawal symptoms lol

i'm still paranoid as to why mine didn't do that last time. do you think i should ask for some maintenance treatment at my next appointment in two weeks or is there no point as it will already have been a month since finishing? i don't knoweusa_think.gif

if i was to feel the need to use the cream, would i have to get re-reffered? mine does too! i don't mind as it's smooth and i'm not in pain but it's really hard to apply make up evenly and takes a bit of work to cover

MemberMember
(@lionheart88)

Posted : 02/20/2014 3:47 pm

"I'm in the uk and it just depends on the doctor and where you live. I tried quite a few different things but I literally just made an appointment and asked her to refer me and she was like 'ok then' lol. Mine was quite bad though. I can't go without make up either so I used to take it off with a face wipe as I went into the doctors office then run to the toilet and reapply when I came out! 7 months on roaccutane and I'm now clear apart from red marks. Worried about coming off now though! My derm has talked about putting me on a topical for maintenance once I come off. If the red marks don't fade then after about a year you can use hydroquinone cream which the derm will prescribe though there has been some debate on how safe it is. They should fade in time, hope mine do as it looks like I still have acne at the moment!"

that's true! with me i was just waiting for the day when i got a doctors appointment with one who would just do what i wanted after seeing like 10 others, i never thought an appointment with a trainee with be the most successful appointment i've ever hadbiggrin.png

congrats on being clear! i feel the same, i've been off for about two weeks and i'm still having withdrawal symptoms lol

i'm still paranoid as to why mine didn't do that last time. do you think i should ask for some maintenance treatment at my next appointment in two weeks or is there no point as it will already have been a month since finishing? i don't knoweusa_think.gif

if i was to feel the need to use the cream, would i have to get re-reffered? mine does too! i don't mind as it's smooth and i'm not in pain but it's really hard to apply make up evenly and takes a bit of work to cover

MemberMember
(@c-holmes)

Posted : 02/21/2014 12:19 pm

I'm kinda super late in replying, lol. I apply moisturizer all over my face, I live in Virginia and we defintiely get winters here..lol. Summer time I still apply moisterizer all over my face as well but I don't have to apply as much as I do in the winter time. As for the benzoyl peroxide mine is a tube and it's creamy. Before I started accutane I was on a Bactrim (antibiotic) and DUAC (combination of benzoyl peroxide and Clindamycin). I had never used DUAC prior too or heard of it before but it WORKED for spot treatments. As of a matter of fact I think I'm going to see about getting that refilled and use that in place of the benzoyl peroxide that I already have.

I haven't had a pimple since I've been off so I haven't had to use anything for spot treatments.

MemberMember
(@timelysprouts)

Posted : 02/21/2014 1:45 pm

use moisturizer every day espicaially if your using a cleanser that strips you skin of oil so skin overcompensates and makes more oily later so your more prone to breakouts thats what made my skin start breaking out about last year when i started using a cleanser with no lotion after. also finished accutane about a month ago i get a pimple hear and there every now and then but defenetly less severe or bad then pre accutane