Notifications
Clear all

Been On Accutane 3 Times, Regimen Failed, Etc

MemberMember
(@chunko)

Posted : 02/03/2014 2:32 am

Whats up guys,

So basically I'm at my wits end here with dealing with acne. I'm in my 20s and I've dealt with acne since I was 11 and it has been moderate to severe. I've been on Accutane 3 times in my life and every single time the acne has come back. I was on the regimen for a year and it did clear me up for 2 months and then stopped working and was making my face excessively dry so I quit.

I've been on antibiotics, topicals from dermatologists, proactive, accutane, the regimen, I've changed my diet, taken different vitamins/supplements, experimented with everything for years.

This is honestly ruining my life. My skin is stubborn and I feel like I will have acne forever. I don't know what else I can try to help get it under control. Is there anyone out there who has this stubborn acne like I do and has found a way to control it? I'm not even looking for a cure, just something to treat it so I can stand to look at myself in the mirror every day.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/03/2014 3:23 am

Look into niacinamide and zinc sunscreen. Also go to an endocrinologist to get some tests done to see if you have issues with thyroid.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 02/03/2014 7:00 am

Im so sorry that this has happened to you.

Most people try and find out the cause of their acne, so that they can prevent the pimples coming up.

Have you tried keeping an acne log? I did this, i noted where/when i got acne, and what i had done that day etc.

After 4 months i discovered that my acne improved when i took fish oil, and that my worse breakouts occured along my chin (a sign of hormonal acne).

I have been to several dermatologists. Im not allowed accutane due to the fact that i am an exchange student in this country.

I have been prescribed a gel called differin which has helped a bit. I also like glycolic acid facewash.

What type of acne do you have? cysts?

Is its acne conglobata?

Where is it?

MemberMember
(@alfredodixz)

Posted : 02/03/2014 10:47 am

"I've changed my diet, taken different vitamins/

supplements, experimented with everything for

years."

what vitamins and supplements did you take?