Notifications
Clear all

Ortho Cyclin, Awful First Month!

MemberMember
(@graceface12)

Posted : 02/01/2014 10:52 pm

So I changed birth control from orsythia to sprintec which is the generic form of ortho cyclin after being told by my derm that it would be better for my acne. But for the past 4 weeks I've been breaking out like never before, I havent been able to leave the house! Is this normal? Will my acne start improving soon? If any one has tried ortho cyclin or has any tips let me know!

MemberMember
(@valleygurl)

Posted : 05/05/2014 5:50 pm

I was given sprintec as well. Im just 3 days my acne increased to 6 huge cyst. My skin turned oily and im on accutane. I took 3 days off and the cyst went away and my skin went back to dry. My doctor said to stop using sprintec and had to have a hormonal blood panel test. he said to check if im estrogen dominance wich birtbirthcontrol can make worse with the estrogen. He also said yes bc can cause acne changes but not the quick or to the extent I had.

Also that even though ortho tri cycline and ortho cycline generic sprintec can help or cause more acne. That everyone is different. Also that after one month if acne is still persistent then the bc is not for u and should try another.

MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 05/24/2015 3:01 pm

Same thing happened to me I was on Ortho cyclen for 2 weeks exactly and my skin broke out in cystic acne. I stopped taking it and no more cysts. I don't know if it's normal to break out like that but I really can't take cystic acne. They are so painful and take weeks to go away.