Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please help - If i'm posting in the wrong spot. Just let me know and i'll go to correct area.

I have 3 very red and raw sores from picking/ shaving over zits. Its been just over a week since they entered my life, i only shaved once in that span, and things started looking up. But today the wound healing seemed like it stopped and is back to where i started! the zits themselves are gone but left with these red sores, they are flat, not-infected, yet still producing a slight amount of fluid (blood) when squeezed with a washcloth. I've got 9 days before I see my GF and i am dying!! I've told her about it, she's like it'll be o.k, and it will, but god i feel gross.

Always struggeld with acne, but never had problems with wound recovery like this. I even cold turkey quit smoking and drinking both two months ago, i'd think if anything my wound repair time should be faster..grrrr

Went to the derm last Tues explained situation, he gave me differin gel 0.1%, Rosula cleanser - did a laser treatment thurs at derms office (1st time ever), sposed to go back 3 more times a month apart for more laser, and popping Ceftin antio-biotics.

I've been experimenting with all sorts of topicals, nothing really seems to be making headway. Tried BP, the differin gel (had been using the cream previously), apple cider vinegar early on, neosporin, colloidal silver salve, and then tonight i opened a vitamin E capsule and applied that onto the areas. I'm running out of ideas. Nutritionally i've been hitting the zinc, copper, pant acid, vit E,A,C

Any advice you can lend to speed recovery is desperately needed...as I'm eusa_wall.gif

thanks,

Icarus confused.gif

topicals may be irritating the areas further.

Stop using topicals.

My doc told me that hot compresses three or four times a day can speed the healing time, especially since you're on antibiotics.

AIR and WATER only!

I think BP actually delays healing. That's what I've read on these boards anyway.

If it doesn't start healing in a day or so try the spenco second skin lotion (in the drug store - first aid section, used for burns, only about $5) - it will make it scab up quick. If you don't mind a scab for a couple of days ninja.gif

topicals may be irritating the areas further.

My doc told me that hot compresses three or four times a day can speed the healing time, especially since you're on antibiotics.

AIR and WATER only!

I think BP actually delays healing.  That's what I've read on these boards anyway.

Thanks I will do that for the next few days, air and water only, despite how nervy it will be going to work with these things totally exposed..

Hot compresses, hmm like a poultice? wonder if I should just use hot water and a washcloth, or add something to the hot water when i apply it?

ALSO, how often would you shave? 

ANY other ideas are welcomed, thanks. 

Icarus  confused.gif

I second the neosporin. Try not to put to much on it. I am finding that the more junk we put on our faces, can mess them up. Good luck.

Remember that if your GF is really cool, she is not even going to trip about you face problem.

Thanks guys, I just picked up a fresh thing of Neosporin - the Neo I had tried initially was old and had experienced a broad range of temperatures, perhaps not as potent. Will give it a shot and put on tonight before bed, otherwise doing the hot washcloth compresses and air throughout the day.

Couldn't find Spenco second skin lotion, still looking, but did see a product called "new skin liquid bandage" at the drugstore, any ideas about that?

If you got any other secret remedies, I'm all ears :-)

Icarus

Thanks guys,  I just picked up a fresh thing of Neosporin - the Neo I had tried initially was old and had experienced a broad range of temperatures, perhaps not as potent.  Will give it a shot and put on tonight before bed, otherwise doing the hot washcloth compresses and air throughout the day.

Couldn't find Spenco second skin lotion, still looking, but did see a product called "new skin liquid bandage" at the drugstore, any ideas about that?

If you got any other secret remedies, I'm all ears :-)

Icarus

I agree. The liquid bandage stuff is essentially a scab. It's a commitment. Once it's on you have to leave it on. i would search for spenco though. I've never tried liquid bandage. It should be in with the burn remedy stuff.

yes - a warm wash cloth is good. I'm not a guy so I can't give you any shaving tips but I would say don't shave if you can.

remember - no one sees them as much as you do. You have to keep telling yourself that.

You can use the neosporin but if you're trying to get them to scab up they wont witht the neosporin. i would wait until you have a fairly decent scab before you use the neosporin. Well actually neosporin at night might be a good idea. You should start feeling better about things by tomorrow or the next day.