Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok...Im almost done my 2 month mark on accutane...

My blackheads on my nose have almost disappeared....but now that the blackheads are gone, there's nothing to fill the pores in my nose....they look like pinpricks in my nose! I guess all those years of those blackheads stretched my pores..........

Is there anything I can do to help shrink them??

Thanks...

P.S....almost done 2 months on accutane and i've had only 1 cystic type zit on my neck...went away in 2 days...everything else is fine...

hope you guys are all doing well!

Guest *Clara

Try ice or a retinol product. I'm currently using this.

It's pricey but it's EXTREMELY effective in shrinking pore size and removing redness. It has retinol, glycolic acid and other things that shrink and repair skin. If you don't want to spend that much then you might try a local drug store that has retinol products.

user posted image

Ok...Im almost done my 2 month mark on accutane...

My blackheads on my nose have almost disappeared....but now that the blackheads are gone, there's nothing to fill the pores in my nose....they look like pinpricks in my nose! I guess all those years of those blackheads stretched my pores..........

Is there anything I can do to help shrink them??

Thanks...

P.S....almost done 2 months on accutane and i've had only 1 cystic type zit on my neck...went away in 2 days...everything else is fine...

hope you guys are all doing well!

Wait a minute - - I thought that the Accutane (which is a highly synthetic form of Vitamin A) was supposed to decrease the size of your pores as well as clear up your skin. I also thought that using something like Retin-A is bad while on Accutane.

Wait a minute - - I thought that the Accutane (which is a highly synthetic form of Vitamin A) was supposed to decrease the size of your pores as well as clear up your skin.  I also thought that using something like Retin-A is bad while on Accutane.

You could try some pore-refining products. There are several made by Neutrogena. Good luck and keep us posted if you find something that works!