Notifications
Clear all

Fractora 3000 Treatment Journal

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 01/30/2014 4:22 pm

Today i had my first Fractora 3000 treatment . this is micro needling combined with RF technology.

they apply numbing cream before treatment which i didnt mind too much. the pain was alright except for the lower jaw it hurt like crazy! there was swelling and redness immediately after. i got my fore head for shallow scarring and cheeks for deeper scarring.

its day 1 so too early too tell of anything so i willl keep updating. the downtime is fairly short which is a good thing. any questions feel free to ask. thanx

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/30/2014 5:07 pm

how many treatments do they recommend? I'm a big needling fan, I use a derma stamp and do it myself...no question about the results, slow and steady but they are there

what are you using for after care?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/30/2014 5:07 pm

i would of went with punch excision for your scars but lets see how the results are soon :)

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 01/30/2014 9:37 pm

how many treatments do they recommend? I'm a big needling fan, I use a derma stamp and do it myself...no question about the results, slow and steady but they are there

Im currently using polysporin and im gonna use aloe Vera gel also.im new too needling can you please suggest what too use for after care?

They recommend 3-5 depending on how severe the scarring. Im doing this in conjunction with enerjet so I doubt I will need alot of factors treatments

i would of went with punch excision for your scars but lets see how the results are soon :)

once upon a time I could of done punch excision but now modern technology replaced that

MemberMember
(@testytest)

Posted : 01/31/2014 12:50 am

yes, would like to hear your results as well. I almost pulled the trigger on this treatment as well but i ended up going with fractional CO2 instead last week. if you end up having good results with this i very well may switch to fractora.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/31/2014 9:22 am

Im currently using polysporin and im gonna use aloe Vera gel also.im new too needling can you please suggest what too use for after care?

They recommend 3-5 depending on how severe the scarring. Im doing this in conjunction with enerjet so I doubt I will need alot of factors treatments

>i would of went with punch excision for your scars but lets see how the results are soon smile.png

once upon a time I could of done punch excision but now modern technology replaced that

i still see punch excision give better results then lasers every now and then and most surgeon suggest excision because it completely removes the hole

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/31/2014 11:51 am

Not exactly, I had excision done by the best plastic surgeon in Houston and the two spots that were excised are still indented. He did the dual layer stitches and everything. Maybe they will fill in but I seriously doubt it, anyone have a similar experience where after excision they are still indented but then filled in with time?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/31/2014 12:01 pm

for after care after needling I use either straight SB super CP serum (my skin is tough and I'm only stamping with a 0.5mm, please keep that in mind) or I alternate with the copper peptides I bought off owndoc.com forum....I stamp aggressively so there is pinpoint bleeding and I put it right on

pure aloe vera is good too, very soothing, but make sure it's pure, no color or fragrences....

hope it all goes well, and thanks for the updates!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/31/2014 1:41 pm

Not exactly, I had excision done by the best plastic surgeon in Houston and the two spots that were excised are still indented. He did the dual layer stitches and everything. Maybe they will fill in but I seriously doubt it, anyone have a similar experience where after excision they are still indented but then filled in with time?

do you have any pictures up ? so did it improve or stayed the same and how deep were your scars ? boxcar or ice pick

edit : i also read excision is suppose to trade a scar you dont like for something you will hopefully like but still there will be a scar

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/31/2014 2:27 pm

do you have any pictures up ? so did it improve or stayed the same and how deep were your scars ? boxcar or ice pick

edit : i also read excision is suppose to trade a scar you dont like for something you will hopefully like but still there will be a scar

Well as of today yes they are still indented, I had no problem with the surgery, my stitches stayed closed and the wound never opened up like alot of people. Yes, the reason I had the procedure done was to trade two indented scars for two flat level with the rest of my skin scars. I'm not sure how deep they were but they were of boxcar nature. I have shyed away from taking before and afters but will look into it. At this point I don't see them filling in but hey hopefully I'm wrong. If all else fails I'll be looking into some dermal fillers to level everything out until I can figure out what my next plan of action is. I used to think that it would be impossible to get rid of acne scars but after a post on this site by DC-girl that view no longer exists. It will take years and multiple treatments but I do think significant results can be achieved if I don't rush into things again. Also still trying to get on accutane first, I don't want to be on it while injuring my skin with more treatments, it has been known to inhibit your bodies ability to heal itself.

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 01/31/2014 3:29 pm

for after care after needling I use either straight SB super CP serum (my skin is tough and I'm only stamping with a 0.5mm, please keep that in mind) or I alternate with the copper peptides I bought off owndoc.com forum....I stamp aggressively so there is pinpoint bleeding and I put it right on

pure aloe vera is good too, very soothing, but make sure it's pure, no color or fragrences....

hope it all goes well, and thanks for the updates!

i had my first genuine dermaroller treatment if you are home rolling my opinion is still use a 1.5 mm its not to bad with numbing cream and you will get better results

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 01/31/2014 4:31 pm

i apologize everyone for not posting pics up. i have them on my phone right now i sent them to my email saved them on to my laptop and for some darn reason acne.org wont let me post them up!!! can anyone help me with this issue i wanna put these pics up for eveyrone to see

i apologize everyone for not posting pics up. i have them on my phone right now i sent them to my email saved them on to my laptop and for some darn reason acne.org wont let me post them up!!! can anyone help me with this issue i wanna put these pics up for eveyrone to see

the penetration depth of fractora is 1 to 3 mm . i dont know exactly how far it penatrated into my skin though.

the penetration depth of fractora is 1 to 3 mm . i dont know exactly how far it penatrated into my skin though.

personally i believe im onto something big here. its a well known fact that doing multiple methods will give better results and therefore i am doing so by doing enerjet and now fractora 3000. who knows maybe this will be the Canadian way of beating acne scars once n for all. only time will telll. the fact that enerjet doesnt contradict fractora us amazing.

MemberMember
(@testytest)

Posted : 02/01/2014 2:53 am

I've had excisions before and I had my indentations come back as well. some scars were better but overall i was not happy with the results. Also, depending on how well the surgeon is the linear scar can be visible for a long while and its actually thickens up and raises above the skin for almost nearly a year before it goes away. it is also hard to the touch as well. Definitely not something i would recommend unless u were trying to excise some smaller scars and also even less if you have significant scarring all around your face like i do.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 02/01/2014 8:23 am

This topic of excision comes up quite often, and in theory it makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, how you heal afterwards plays the biggest role in whether or not the excision will turn out well. I've had excisions that were successful and some that really went badly. In fact, the ones that failed turned out MUCH worse, and I've been trying to undo the damage since. Most of the derms I've seen have been against them because they do fail so often, and I guess they would rather not have the liability. Some excisions do heal quite well, but a lot also fail disastrously.

Testytest's experience with excisions is very similar to mine. Initially, the wound looks great, but by 1 month it is very red, swollen, and very noticeable. Then if you are not a good healer or the surgeon did not close the wound correctly, the incision can start to pull apart and then you have an indented linear scar.

testytest liked
MemberMember
(@testytest)

Posted : 02/01/2014 12:03 pm

This topic of excision comes up quite often, and in theory it makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, how you heal afterwards plays the biggest role in whether or not the excision will turn out well. I've had excisions that were successful and some that really went badly. In fact, the ones that failed turned out MUCH worse, and I've been trying to undo the damage since. Most of the derms I've seen have been against them because they do fail so often, and I guess they would rather not have the liability. Some excisions do heal quite well, but a lot also fail disastrously.

Testytest's experience with excisions is very similar to mine. Initially, the wound looks great, but by 1 month it is very red, swollen, and very noticeable. Then if you are not a good healer or the surgeon did not close the wound correctly, the incision can start to pull apart and then you have an indented linear scar.

I completely agree with BlaBlas comments. my PS also tried to knock out a few bigger scars that were really close together which meant that my linear scar was actually going to be quite long. The longer the excision line, the greater the time it will take to heal and you won't like the fact that you have a huge raised scar during the healing period which like i've said in the past can last up to a year. Personally, if I had the chance to do it all over again i would've never gone through with the procedure and just stuck with Fractional CO2/ and possibly this Fractora which is why i'm keeping a close eye on this discussion. I just finished my first round of CO2 and plan to do 2 more but if Fractora is promising, i may switch to this treatment instead since there are drs in my area that also have the device.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/01/2014 3:26 pm

Ok guys this getting way off topic.if you wanna post your experience on excision do so on another thread this is about my experience with factora 3000

Its day 3 since my treatment. My forhead is looking really good no red or pinkness going on. My cheeks r getting pink which is good. I definitely see a reduction on my right cheek where my worst scarring is. Im really impressed so far. It looks like all my research if finally paying off after all these years.

Treatment comes up to 650 CAD with tax so it is affordable and doesn't cost a arm and a leg. i currently have polysporin on both cheeks

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/01/2014 9:24 pm

Im going to remind everyone factora is NOT a laser. Im completely against lasers and would never do it

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 02/01/2014 9:32 pm

Im going to remind everyone factora is NOT a laser. Im completely against lasers and would never do it

Good stuff with a unique journal once again lol. Do you think that fractora would work better than Fraxel Repair, bro?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/01/2014 9:38 pm

Im going to remind everyone fractora is NOT a laser. Im completely against lasers and would never do it

Yes I do bro all the way. There is no need for you to do laser. The answer to our scarring is needling. Fractora 3000 is the answer . It reaches into the dermis and works its way up from there. its too early too tell bud it made a big difference already. I think enerjet and fractora and enerjet are a match made in heaven

Good stuff with a unique journal once again lol. Do you think that fractora would work better than Fraxel Repair, bro?

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 02/01/2014 9:41 pm

I had 5 treatments of another radiofrequency treatment, eMatrix, done with 0% results. I also had TCA cross done with good results. My faith in radiofrequency technology isn't very strong lol.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/01/2014 9:42 pm

Ya well that's ematrix and ematrix is bullshit. Look up fractora 3000 its different from ematrix. Fractora 3000 is brand new.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/05/2014 4:30 pm

no_hope, I have a few questions.

Any noticeable progress so far?

From what I've heard, it's actually the heat (used in laser) that induces the collagen production. I don't understand this RF technology, which I understand is pulse-based.

Was there any downtime post-op?

How much did you had to fork over for the procedure?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 02/06/2014 7:43 pm

its been 1 week since treatment. i do notice an improvement so far and this is after the micro swelling. although my scars are pink right now. its too early for a verdict only time will tell. if im not impressed im gonna go for my third enerjet which i belive is gonna be great.

i took 4 days down time. i had to work or other wise i might of taken the week off. i paid 650 CAD for this tax included.

MemberMember
(@sunnie84)

Posted : 02/08/2014 9:55 am

thank you No_hope for this valuable thread!

I have 4 noticeable ice pick scars on my nose that i have been dying to get rid of! I had fraxel treatments done prob 5 years ago and they were costly but improved my flat acne scars on the cheekbones, so those are not my huge concerns now. Only thing matters to me is the icepick scars on my nose. I searched on the web abor different treatments for icepick scars and thought about pros and cons.

Tissue implant (filling with collagen or hydraulic liquid) sounds tempting but they are not permanent.

Grafting might not work for ice picks. And my dermatologist recommended fractora. 3 whole face sessions is $1500. I dont mind paying as long as it works... please post here ur progress!!! thank you so much

MemberMember
(@sabinemarie)

Posted : 02/11/2014 5:40 pm

Hi , I'm 21 years old and I am from Romania. My dermatologist recommended me to try the Fractora treatment for post-acne scars.

You are the only person that is doing a personal review about his experience after using the Fractora treatment that I coud find on this page.

Since last year I have had acne related skin problems, but never before this... They are sort of starting to go away, but my face is still full of red-marks and spots, but at least my face feels and looks cleaner after all the treatment I have done.

The scars are the one thing that is really scarring me. The are in general Ice pick, quite a few. I do not have any Rolling or Boxcar one's.

I was never a make-up fan, and I really hate the idea of having to wear foundation cream for the rest of my life to cover the spots and scars :( especially beacause i never had probems like this before.

My questions are:

Do you really feel that your skin in soothing out? Can you observe that you skin is smoother, just like in the places that you didn't have acne? At least can you anticipate that the scars ( at least the superficial ones, like the Ice pick) will dissapear and smooth out completely? Or are they just less visible? How about the red and brown spots? Is the general aspect and texture of your skin toned? Do you trust that in your next sessions you will be even more pleased by the results?

A woman that I found on the internet that did Fractora said that she only sees 20% results after the whole treatment.

I know that you are just at the begining of your Fractora sessions...

I really hope that this treatment works and anyways I probably am going to do it, to at least speed up all the healing proces of this post-acne scars. I really think that this is the worst permanent thing that can happen to any young adult :( but at least i want to know if it will really help me or just spending money trying....

Best wishes and hope to hear from you soon. Keep us Updated!