Notifications
Clear all

A Cyst Approaches...

MemberMember
(@minaaa)

Posted : 01/30/2014 11:06 am

Soooooo, the time has come, yet again.

I've been using the DK regimen for about four weeks now but I've been breaking out this week (I reckon it's a hormonal thing) and I've basically gotten a pimple right where I used to have a cyst that is kinda dormant (oddly enough, it's the only place I've ever gotten a cyst on my face).

If only it were just a pimple, I can see it getting redder and more inflamed by the hour :|

Is there anything I can do to catch it before it gets super inflamed? I'm going to try icing...but if you have any other suggestions that would be great.

MemberMember
(@apple-blossom)

Posted : 01/30/2014 11:47 am

I've been using a warm compress and taking advil at the first signs of a cyst or nodule emerging and it has been working quite well.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/30/2014 11:50 am

Hm the only thing that saved me recently was my acanya gel ( clindamycin+benzoyl peroxide) and also that I'm on antibiotics, otherwise it would if gotten super inflamed and deep for weeks and ultimately left a divet. I hear icing is the best natural method, other than that you can go to a dermatologist and they will inject it with something that reduces the inflamation from what I've heard. I know that feeling though, watching a cyst do its thing on your face, what a depressing thing to have to watch and not really be able to do anything about it. There is also the hot compress method.

MemberMember
(@minaaa)

Posted : 01/30/2014 12:47 pm

Hm the only thing that saved me recently was my acanya gel ( clindamycin+benzoyl peroxide) and also that I'm on antibiotics, otherwise it would if gotten super inflamed and deep for weeks and ultimately left a divet. I hear icing is the best natural method, other than that you can go to a dermatologist and they will inject it with something that reduces the inflamation from what I've heard. I know that feeling though, watching a cyst do its thing on your face, what a depressing thing to have to watch and not really be able to do anything about it. There is also the hot compress method.

I can't really go to one because I'm in the UK and you have to get referred and they only do that if they think it's bad enough ahhh it's such a long process. But yeah, it is pretty annoying! I've just decided not to care, there is literally no point getting down about it surprised.gif

I'll try the hot compress stuff if the ice doesn't seem to work 😀