Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jms84

alcohol and acne

Hi,

I just wanted to know if any one else had the same reaction to alcohol as me. To be honest my acne is not all that bad (was before my first dose of accutain, worked well but the acne came back after about 2 months) but whenever i drink, even just a couple of pints, for about a week after i get a really breakout of large, red and deep spots, but after 2 weeks the skin is back to normal. I am only 20 and this has happened since i started drinking about 4 years ago (am from uk - laws are different). After my first dose of accutain finished i had 2 months of carefree drinking - felt like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders, but after a while the spots came back with a vengence, with my allergy to alcohol much worse - so bad now ive cut out alcohol all together, not much fun as i am at university. Am just hoping the second dose of accutuain will stick.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Alcohol does the opposite to me. I had a huge party yesterday night, I am so hungovered, but damn my skin looks nice. It seems like the alcohol dries out my skin. Good luck getting rid of this acne shit hell mofo its a horses ass isnt it

Its really up to you, have fun and have acne or don't have fun and be clear.

I'd pick the have fun.

Guest Captain Chaos

Alcohol definetely has a bad effect on my skin, takes ages for the breakouts to clear too

Alcohol doesn't seem to affect my acne, maybe if it did I wouldn't drink so much. Have you tried drinking different drinks by any chance? Maybe you’re allergic to something in the alcoholic drink and not the alcohol in particular. Just a thought...

In the past I found that when I did drink alcohol (lite beer, some mixed drinks) that my face would be clearer for the next few days, though that could be just coincidence. Now I don't drink much alcohol at all, except maybe some red wine or a few lite beers every once in a while. I feel that it's better to just stick with the Regimen than wake up trashed if that's the case biggrin.gif

have you tried doing some sort of pysical activity that makes you sweat the day after drinking to get rid of many of the toxins still in your body from drinking?

if not, give that a try. try a sauna or if you dont have access to a sauna go for a run or something that'll make you sweat alot...

I definitely think drinking plays an affect on acne. I went out a lot for two weeks in a row and my acne broke out all over my cheeks (it looks really bad). So I am going to not drink for about a month and a half and see what happens. I'll keep you updated to see how it goes.

Alcohol does the opposite to me. I had a huge party yesterday night, I am so hungovered, but damn my skin looks nice. It seems like the alcohol dries out my skin. Good luck getting rid of this acne shit hell mofo its a horses ass isnt it

Hi,

I just wanted to know if any one else had the same reaction to alcohol as me. To be honest my acne is not all that bad (was before my first dose of accutain, worked well but the acne came back after about 2 months) but whenever i drink, even just a couple of pints, for about a week after i get a really breakout of large, red and deep spots, but after 2 weeks the skin is back to normal. I am only 20 and this has happened since i started drinking about 4 years ago (am from uk - laws are different). After my first dose of accutain finished i had 2 months of carefree drinking - felt like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders, but after a while the spots came back with a vengence, with my allergy to alcohol much worse - so bad now ive cut out alcohol all together, not much fun as i am at university. Am just hoping the second dose of accutuain will stick.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I had a bit of a drink last night at a party and I found that this morning my skin was looking really dry and not healthy due to the dehidration of the alchol to my body.