Notifications
Clear all

Why Am I So Prone To Red Marks?

MemberMember
(@taylor1993)

Posted : 01/28/2014 2:35 am

I take really good care of my skin (sunscreen, facial masks, moisturizer, products targeted specifically to fade red marks, etc.) and I don't have an acne problem but every. single. time. I get a zit it results in a flat red post-acne mark that takes ages to fade. This problem didn't start until last year and some of those first red marks I ever got still haven't faded completely, and it's been a year. It's really frustrating. Why did my skin become this way all of a sudden? Why am I so prone to this red spots? What can I do about it?

MemberMember
(@jlcampi)

Posted : 01/28/2014 11:54 am

I take really good care of my skin (sunscreen, facial masks, moisturizer, products targeted specifically to fade red marks, etc.) and I don't have an acne problem but every. single. time. I get a zit it results in a flat red post-acne mark that takes ages to fade. This problem didn't start until last year and some of those first red marks I ever got still haven't faded completely, and it's been a year. It's really frustrating. Why did my skin become this way all of a sudden? Why am I so prone to this red spots? What can I do about it?

It could be a cortisol deficiency. How old are you?

MemberMember
(@taylor1993)

Posted : 01/28/2014 2:48 pm

I'm 20

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/28/2014 4:12 pm

i didnt get red marks until i was in my later 20's. who knows why it happens but i think its because the acne was more inflamed when i get older than when i was younger. i dont really think there is any way to avoid them just make sure you dont pick at the skin. just try to spot treat the zits and then leave them alone.