Notifications
Clear all

My Skincare Routine- Cleared My Acne

MemberMember
(@cah123)

Posted : 01/27/2014 10:01 am

Hi everyone,

I had acne for 6 years and while my skin isn't perfect, it's amazing compared to what it used to be.

I credit taking 5000iu of vitamin d3 for preventing any severe breakouts but for the occasional spots I still sometimes get and the acne scars im still battling with, I've found this skincare routine brilliant for maintaining clear skin : [Removed]

I would definitely recommend trying natural products for your skin. Personally, honey cleansing leaves my skin glowing, heals breakouts and is very gentle. I also like to use salt now and again when breakouts are bad (generally round that time of the month) to heal spots quickly.

Let me know if this helps!

Charlotte

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 02/03/2014 8:47 pm

Salt is amazing, vitamins are great too but I don't think it's good to take to much of a high dosage of it. That's my opinion.

I feel that we need to take care of our internal health as much as our skin because everything starts from there.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/04/2014 4:00 am

Yes, honey, honey, and more honey!

I dunno why people with active acne do not know about this old school remedy that Mother Nature bestowed us.

Anyway, for a cleanser (as a substitute for soap and whatnot), try combining Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion and honey. It feels simply marrrrvelous, even with my tongue in the cheek. :)

MemberMember
(@mindybenkert)

Posted : 02/28/2014 10:20 pm

I love honey! I have been cleansing with honey for the last few weeks and my skin is so much better. I do a honey lemon mask that really helps with acne scarring.

Mindy

MemberMember
(@ambertaylor)

Posted : 03/08/2014 4:25 pm

How do you use salt for the face? Just apply water with it and scrub?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/08/2014 5:29 pm

I tried using raw honey as a cleanser for a few weeks and it didn't work for me :( However leaving some on as a mask can make your skin feel very moisturised, I guess because it is a humectant. Unfortunately though it wasn't enough to help with my acne.

MemberMember
(@ambertaylor)

Posted : 03/09/2014 11:35 am

Have you tried honey by itself or were you adding other things to your daily regime? Another thing is you can mix sugar in with the honey to exfoliate your skin.

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 03/17/2014 6:36 am

What kind of honey though? Manuka Honey?

Some honey has like grades and stuff? Which one do you guys use? :)

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 03/17/2014 10:52 am

how do u use honey and salt for the face? ive nver tried it...if any1 can explain in detail as to what kind and how that would b great!!