Notifications
Clear all

Same Red Mark For 10 Months, Ruining Everything

MemberMember
(@lennon33)

Posted : 01/27/2014 10:00 am

Around 10 months ago I tried to squeeze a zit and it inflamed and turned into a cyst. It was huge! Around the size of a quater, maybe a little bigger (no joke). I dont get acne all that much just a zit here or there (for which I am greatful). So I went to the derm who drained it with a small incision and then injected it with a steriod. It's flat now, but the redness is still there. I've had 3 lasers with some improvement, but it's still there and some days its worse than others. I need this to be gone, it still sort of looks the size of a quater! :( Has anyone else had a cyst that big and how long did it take to heal? Please give me some insight!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/27/2014 11:26 am

Have you tried using lactic acid on it?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/27/2014 11:37 am

get an ipl or have v-beam done on it. what type of laser did you get? sometimes marks can take a few years to go away. its not a big deal though get some dermablend concealer to cover it up for now

MemberMember
(@apple-blossom)

Posted : 01/27/2014 12:32 pm

I had a sebaceous cyst on my cheek around the size of a quarter also. I had a cortisone shot that made it pretty flat (not completely, but way better than it was). I think I had that done about 2 years ago and it's still kind of red. It's hard to tell if it's still getting better or if it's just going to stay like this. Is yours still as red as after you got it drained/injected or has it faded some?

MemberMember
(@lennon33)

Posted : 01/27/2014 5:59 pm

It has faded some, but at times the redness comes back (such as when it's cold out). I have had three v-beam laster treatments (didn't bruise, possibly would have had better results if it had) which may account for some of the progress I've had. The cyst was a nightmare but now I have redness which really kills my selfesteem. I actually currently use a concealer to cover it up which just about causes me to hate myself every time I get ready for the day. I'm a junior in college and am expected to get an internship this Summer. I can't even imagine begining my professional career like this.. Let alone meet a nice girl when I'm contantly anxious about whether they can notice the coverup. :( I had no idea how crippling these things could be. Anybody else have redness from something like this? How long did it take to heal? Please help!

Apple Blossom, if you had a sebacous cyst wouldn't they have to remove it to prevent it from coming back? Is it flat now? Mine is flat but took about 6 months to completely flatten out (I'm assuming from scar tissue that was slowly reabsorbed).

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 01/27/2014 6:04 pm

I have one on my right cheekbone that's fairly big but only shows up when it's cold out, like you said. I call her Big Red, she only shows her face when she gets cold.

Last week a huge one showed up on my left cheekbone and I have a feeling it's going to turn out the same way. At least there'll be symmetry? :/

MemberMember
(@lennon33)

Posted : 01/27/2014 6:11 pm

I have one on my right cheekbone that's fairly big but only shows up when it's cold out, like you said. I call her Big Red, she only shows her face when she gets cold.

Last week a huge one showed up on my left cheekbone and I have a feeling it's going to turn out the same way. At least there'll be symmetry? :/

How long ago did the one on your cheek first show up? Has it been over a year?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/27/2014 7:02 pm

can u post a picture of it

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 01/28/2014 6:47 am

How long ago did the one on your cheek first show up? Has it been over a year?

I don't remember, sorry. I first noticed it in November of 2013 but it was probably there longer. I never usually look in mirrors when I'm outside in the cold.

MemberMember
(@apple-blossom)

Posted : 01/28/2014 7:59 am

I didn't know much about sebaceous cysts at the time so I just listened to my dermatologist when she said she'd try a cortisone shot and if that didn't work, it would have to be excised. There's a slight lumpiness to the area but not to the point that it bothers me. The redness is pretty light too and if I wasn't already putting make up on, I probably wouldn't even cover it. I think that yours should continue to get lighter but I think it can take a long time, sadly.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/28/2014 11:05 am

serioulsy though dont worry about it too much it will go away in time or you can try ipl on it. the place i go to does 10 passes on each spot so you can guarantee that it will be way lighter or about gone from one of those sessions but its not a big deal really lots of people get red or brown marks on their face. when i was younger i would freak out over those marks but now after getting actual acne scarring (indented and raised areas on my face) the red marks dont even phase me now. just use the cover up and you will be fine and most girls dont care about that stuff at all. good luck to you and dont let this get in the way of living your life you will be fine!!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/28/2014 10:15 pm

You guys act like your skin wants to keep all the inflammation, red marks and such. NOPE your skin will always self exfoliate and try to get better. Granted you can help it out tremendously by applying creams or getting treatments done.