Notifications
Clear all

Personal Log (Clarisonic)

MemberMember
(@dqndqn17)

Posted : 01/26/2014 2:09 pm

A little back history on my, 2012 around november i had the worse breakout of my life, terrible cystic acne and that drove me to try Dans regimen soon after. That was a harsh experience initially but after about 7 months It significantly reduced my acne (however never cleared me up completely) And no matter what I did while on the regimen my skin was ALWAYS super dry and flaky. I weeded myself off the regimen Extremly slowly and for the most part was ok still. I got down to basically just using hte cleanser and moustierizer and the bp only as spot treatment. Recently Ive had another breakout that is more or less in the healing phase now. I have one large cystic acne on my left cheek that is being subborn and a few smaller spots around my chin. But for hte most part its mainly PIH discoloration and red marks that the acne has left behind.

Anyway I finally took the plunge and spent 150 dollars on the Clarisonic Mia 2 and I ordered it online. It should arrive sometime late in this week hopefully! Im super excited! After reading all the great reviews im really hoping this will help a lot with my post acne marks and my acne in general! This log is for me mostly just to keep track but I would love your input as well!

Right now trying to keep it sorta simple

The planned regimen is:

Morning: Dans Cleanser, 1 pump of Dans Moisturizer.

Night: Clarisonic w/ Dans cleanser (2-3x weekly) combined with half dans aha and half moisturizer (3x week) The days I use the clarisonic ill also use aha, for the days that i dont it will just be hand wash with cleanser and moisturizer.

Slowy I would like to work my way up to using the clarisonic once or twice a day as the packaging reccomends. I plan to update for at least a couple months of usage to see how this thing works! Crossed fingers lets hope this workss! Cant wait till it arrives in the mail!.

MemberMember
(@dqndqn17)

Posted : 03/02/2014 7:01 pm

So Broke out with cystic acne over my cheeks and along the jawline =( my skin is nearly as bad as it was at its worst last year. Acne is depressing. along with some active acne on my jawline serval cyst, I have major PIH on my cheeks and my jawline. I swear I feel like punching everyone in the face at this point lol. Anyway I plan to stick with the clarisonic, hopefully itll help me with the hyperpigmentation. I am also supposed to start deoxycycline this week, ive heard great reveiws and hopefully this is my cure all magic bullet. Ive also started using hydroquinone in a desperate effort to lighten some of the pih and so far its made it a little redder if anything. However it has only been 5 days, ill try to give it at least 4-6 weeks.

My new regimen (ive made some changes after researching the obagi system which promotes exfoliation)

Morning

hand wash with dan's cleanser, mousterize as needed only and application of 2%hydroquinone skin bleach on pigmentation spots

Night

dans cleanser with clarisonic mia 2, application of dans AHA glycolic acid 1 pump only and the hydroquinone again.

When I get the script for deoxycycline ill be taking one pill at night and one in the morning along with this current regimen

Pray for me, im usually pretty upbeat person but this acne coming back as bad as it was last year and its super depressing, cuz i know the road ahead to recovery is a long and hard one. Feeling down Ill try to update weekly, maybe more. updating this last year really helped me so ill prob do the same this time around. Until next time!

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 03/03/2014 11:34 pm

Personally, I have zero experience with any type of device such as a Clarisonic but its either a hit or a miss for people. Alot cheaper alternative and its not as abrasive as a clarisonic would be a mild exfoliator or very low concentrations of salcylic acid. Unless you live or work in areas where your skin gets clogged due to environmental factors dirt, dust ex.) Then I see no reason for something such as a clarisonic.

MemberMember
(@dqndqn17)

Posted : 03/04/2014 11:11 am

Ive been using the clarisonic and I do love it! it makes my skin so much smoother, and it feels nice haha. As for acne im not entirely sure if its helped to much, I have lots of pigmentation and im hoping the clarisonic works for that! Im also using glycolic acid as a mild chemical exfloiator to try to help my pigmentation. Thanks for the reply!

Personally, I have zero experience with any type of device such as a Clarisonic but its either a hit or a miss for people. Alot cheaper alternative and its not as abrasive as a clarisonic would be a mild exfoliator or very low concentrations of salcylic acid. Unless you live or work in areas where your skin gets clogged due to environmental factors dirt, dust ex.) Then I see no reason for something such as a clarisonic.

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 03/05/2014 1:31 am

Ive been using the clarisonic and I do love it! it makes my skin so much smoother, and it feels nice haha. As for acne im not entirely sure if its helped to much, I have lots of pigmentation and im hoping the clarisonic works for that! Im also using glycolic acid as a mild chemical exfloiator to try to help my pigmentation. Thanks for the reply!

No problem! Just remember the more irritation whether that's self induced or product induced will lead to more breakouts. But do what works for you!

MemberMember
(@dqndqn17)

Posted : 03/10/2014 2:01 pm

Started on Doxy last week on friday 100mg twice a day for 10 days and then supposed to drop off to once a day 100 mg. Odd dosage has anyone else had this typpe of dosage before, is it normal? Anyway even after just a few days ive noticed breakouts have slowed dramatically, right now i only have one active pimple thats pretty big however ;( and smack right next to my nose in the mddle of my face such terrible positioning lol. Aside from that its just ALOT of PIH and recvoering odd pimples. Hopefully in 3-4 weeks the glycolic acid and hydroquinone starts doing its thing and clears up some of this pih! peace everybody! skin looks rough still but its midterm week got 5 exams OH HAVE MERCYY. The perk is studying helps distract me from skin issues lol. Prob wont update till after these test! I HATE ACNE LETS BEAT IT TOGETHER!

MemberMember
(@dqndqn17)

Posted : 05/12/2014 4:06 pm

So been on doxy for a little over 2 months, still use the acne.org cleanser, and the clarisonic x2 a day. Skin has gonna a lottttt better but still get break outs and still not good. Anyway Its finals and a guy I know was like if I got you face wash would you use it? I swear to god it took ever ounce of strength in my body to not deck him right in the face. But I wont lie I just was getting some confidence back, pretty crushing to hear something like that. People dont understand sometimes. Anyway aced one final, bombed the next, and almost decked a guy in the face, all in all a decent day. 2 more finals ughh!!!!