Notifications
Clear all

Dermastamp Treatment For Ice Pick, Red Marks

MemberMember
(@superman123)

Posted : 01/26/2014 3:07 am

Hi there! Just joined a few minutes ago in order to ask you guys advice about my acne treatment. So I'm in my mid-20's and have had acne since I was 20. I still get pimples here and there, but I think most of pimples have stopped if I moisterize. I have a lot of scarring going on, mostly ice picks and red marks, and I'd like to do away with them with your help! :) Most of these were caused by popping cysts that formed, leaving a lot of red scars and coloration.

So here's what I'm doing right now.

I have

Salycyclic 20% Gel Peel used twice every week

Max Strength Benzoyl Peroxide used three or four times a week at night

Scar Zone cream used recently once or twice a week

Generic face wash at night and in the morning

Generic face lotion applied for most of the day

While this treatment stops a lot of the acne from coming (though not always successful) I still have a lot of scars that have been bugging me.

I've looked into derma rolling and derma stamps, and after some research I've decided to try out derma stamps since they seem safer. It seems like with derma stamps I can target specific scars, which is good because I wouldn't want to accidentally pop any other acne causing an infection.

Tell me if this sound resonable:

A 2.0mm needle used once every two weeks (lightly, I really wanted 1.5mm but they were out).

Isopropyl Alcohol 99% diluted with warm water to disenfect the needle for 10 minutes before use.

Palmers Cocoa Butter used after needling and during the day to rebuild skin.

And the gel peel, benzoyl peroxide, scar zone, face wash and lotion used concurently.

Does that look good? Is there anything I should be concerned about or look into?

Thanks, any advice is much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@hormoan)

Posted : 01/26/2014 4:36 am

Disclaimer: The below was part of a future regimen for when I clear my acne, since I have to start on redmarks/light scarrring issues.

People tout the site as a good site w/ good rollers/stamps, but if someone has an opposing opinion on it then please chime in.

I guess I should also say be cautious of rolling/stamping w/ acne.

-----

0.5mm roller: http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?dermaroller05-pid213.html ($19 w/o shipping)

1.5mm stamp: http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?dermastamp15-pid180.html ($15 w/o shipping)

Use the 1.5mm as like a spot treatment, depending on how vastly those scars cover your face. To stim collagen. Not sure how many times you can use this type of stamp, maybe 1x every 3-4 weeks or sooner?

I would use the 0.5mm roller 2x a week (the owner of that site said for me, 3x a week, but you should ask around on that). To enhance penetration of certain topicals.

I'm not sure how good cocoa butter is, but I would say there are much better items for you to use.

I would also save my money and not purchase scar zone. The ingredients look shit and dimethicone excites acne in some people.

I would look into a MSM topical cream for nightly and for application after rolling/stamping. You can make your own for pretty cheap w/ distilled water, opti-MSM, and some type of base and you can also add essential oils as well.

As an addition to using w/ or added to MSM, I would look into helichrysum oil, rosehip seed oil, and carrot oil.

As part of the mixture w/ distilled water, you can also get a low molecular hyaluronic acid to add w/ it @ 1%.

When you're rolling/stamping I would also look into oral supplements to help aid collagen production.

-----

The above is just my two cents. If anyone has any issues w/ any of the above, please address them.

MemberMember
(@superman123)

Posted : 01/27/2014 2:13 am

Sweet thanks for the advice Hormoan, what oral supplements do you recommend? I hear a lot of vitamin E and D?

I was also thinking of derma rolling with .5mm, but then I thought it might not be best since I don't know if there are any acne zones still active. A pimple comes up once in a while so it'd be nice to control the application. Can't a derma stamp obviae the need for derma rolling?

Also, any other suggestions would be recommended.

MemberMember
(@hormoan)

Posted : 01/29/2014 10:14 pm

Sweet thanks for the advice Hormoan, what oral supplements do you recommend? I hear a lot of vitamin E and D?

I was also thinking of derma rolling with .5mm, but then I thought it might not be best since I don't know if there are any acne zones still active. A pimple comes up once in a while so it'd be nice to control the application. Can't a derma stamp obviae the need for derma rolling?

Also, any other suggestions would be recommended.

Well the supplements are really up to you. For example: hyaluronic acid, gelatin, grape seed extract, pine bark extract, MSM, bamboo extract, lysine, magnesium, vitamin c, and ETC. There are a lot of ETC's, but the above could be apart of an overal body regimen and they're not just targetting to skin.

The dermapen can supercede the need for a smaller roller, but there is more downtime.

I mentioned the two because it was recommended that I used both and we seem to have the same problems, redmarks and scars.

This way you could target the redmarks more often while waiting for the downtime @ the scar areas.