Help!

MemberMember
(@kirsten-fuller)

Posted : 01/25/2014 9:10 pm

At 21 years old I have had the skin of a adolescent going through puberty, for 7 years now.

Within the past two years, I have learned all the ways to avoid breakouts. Let me list the ways I consciously attempt to clear my skin on a daily basis:

1. I do not eat gluten, dairy or meat. (It has been over a year and a half since my last slice of pizza and i'm about to crack)

-My daily diet consists of organic fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, rice and beans and I rarely stray from that list.

2. I do not touch my face (I don't even wash my face without washing my hands first)

3. If I wear makeup, I never ever go to sleep without taking it off first

4. I sleep on my back as to avoid any bacteria from my pillowcase coming in contact with my skin

5. I use only natural products on my ultra-sensitive skin

6. I take vitamins every day

7. I take a probiotic every day

8. I keep my hair pulled back from my face

I have extremely dry skin, especially now in the winter time. If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 01/25/2014 9:34 pm

Topic moved to general acne discussion forum (where hopefully you'll get more advice)

MemberMember
(@alfredodixz)

Posted : 01/25/2014 11:28 pm

"I do not eat gluten, dairy or mea"

I dont eat dairy and I noticed less oil, I HATE oily skin.

Unfortunately I eat gluten I cant avoid it.

What vitamins are you taking?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/26/2014 12:13 am

At 21 years old I have had the skin of a adolescent going through puberty, for 7 years now.

Within the past two years, I have learned all the ways to avoid breakouts. Let me list the ways I consciously attempt to clear my skin on a daily basis:

1. I do not eat gluten, dairy or meat. (It has been over a year and a half since my last slice of pizza and i'm about to crack)

-My daily diet consists of organic fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, rice and beans and I rarely stray from that list.

2. I do not touch my face (I don't even wash my face without washing my hands first)

3. If I wear makeup, I never ever go to sleep without taking it off first

4. I sleep on my back as to avoid any bacteria from my pillowcase coming in contact with my skin

5. I use only natural products on my ultra-sensitive skin

6. I take vitamins every day

7. I take a probiotic every day

8. I keep my hair pulled back from my face

I have extremely dry skin, especially now in the winter time. If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

So is this regimen working? It sounds a bit draconian. At your tender age of only 21, you should be able to enjoy life to the fullest and not be forced to deprive yourself from it's many wonders.

MemberMember
(@fare-thee-well)

Posted : 01/26/2014 1:23 am

Just ate 7 Sicilian square, NO REGRETS AT ALL. My toilet is definitely going to be the recipient of my actions today, but no regrets at all.

You are certainly missing out, but wait ..i take that back..........this irrecoverable pain ...that i am ...feeling...ugh...in my stomach ........it...hurts like hell. OH GOD!!!!!!

I DO REGRET EATING THOSE PIZZA SICILIAN SQUARES!!!!!!!

All this remorsefulness i have now....

Kirsten Fuller teach your ways of not eating the pizza

‹Please that's all i need, give me your wisdom and your perceptiveness.eusa_liar.gif

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 01/26/2014 5:35 am

You do not list the "organic" products you use

Nor the vitamins you take including the amount of probiotics which by the way come most likely best from natural sources. Pills are nice, easy, and convenient, but too much is a bad thing..10 billion cultures is waaay to much. Less is more.

Personally, organic products are no better i feel than let say dan's products like his BP. A soap, toner, or lotion doesn't need every organic antioxidant known to man to work. Sorry for the bias, but anyone who says organic makes me laugh. Unless you have something like eczema, allergy to specific chemical, atopic dermatitis, rosacea, SLE, or some other disorder of the skin whether systemic or local you generally do not need it. Simple homemade remedies are far cheaper and better (egg white mask for example). Its your money. And again i do not know what organic products you are using. Just stating.

Food is a different category. Some foods claimed to be organic are not. And benefit again depends upon the food.

Sounds like your a vegetarian or something in that line. How's your B12, B6 like? Again no mention of the vitamins you are using. How do you sleep at night? Restful? Restless?

Are you on birth control?

I think your dietary habits are valiant, but do not seem to be working. I would try instead to focus on eating foods that do not cause blood sugar spikes (ie fruits[result in more stable hormonal levels=less acne]) look up fructose intolerance on these boards.. maybe stable carbs, nutrient dense foods, and those of course that limit inflammation. Red meat is not a sin, just use moderation and purchase lean cuts. The protein is good for you although i know it can come from other sources.. its okay to eat. Your acne is mostly likely coming from carbs not protein especially since your diet already looks good from a cholesterol perspective.

EDIT: I mistook natural for organic. Same meaning to me. Its late.. but the points are valid imo.

MemberMember
(@kirsten-fuller)

Posted : 01/28/2014 10:39 pm

Just ate 7 Sicilian square, NO REGRETS AT ALL. My toilet is definitely going to be the recipient of my actions today, but no regrets at all.

You are certainly missing out, but wait ..i take that back..........this irrecoverable pain ...that i am ...feeling...ugh...in my stomach ........it...hurts like hell. OH GOD!!!!!!

I DO REGRET EATING THOSE PIZZA SICILIAN SQUARES!!!!!!!

All this remorsefulness i have now....

Kirsten Fuller teach your ways of not eating the pizza

‹Please that's all i need, give me your wisdom and your perceptiveness.eusa_liar.gif

This made me laugh so much. Thank you for that :)