13 Year Regimen Use...

Notifications
Clear all

13 Year Regimen User

MemberMember
(@jenaphile)

Posted : 01/25/2014 9:51 am

Hi everyone.

My name is Jen and I haven't been to this forum in a while, but every now and then, when I'm buying my benzoyl peroxide, I take a quick peek to see what's new at acne.org.

I am 38 years old, and my acne struggle started when I was 21. I had always had good skin growing up, and began to break out with cystic acne all of a sudden in my 20s. I went to a dermatologist and was put on antibiotics, which cleared my skin somewhat, but not 100%. I discovered Proactiv when it first hit the market, loved it, and used it for about 3 years. I switched over to Dan's products when they became available because they were much more inexpensive and gave me the same, if not better, results.

As the years went on and I was using Dan's 2.5% BP consistently, I scaled back and only use it in the morning. My routine is very simple:

AM: Wash with Cetaphil, apply Acne.org BP, moisiturize with Acne.org moisturizer (or something similar)

PM: Wash with Cetaphil, apply Alpha Hydrox 10% AHA cream

Please feel free to msg me questions about the regimen. I have had such great success with it, I really enjoy helping other people out.

post-4069-0-38628500-1390661486.png

post-4069-0-38628500-1390661486.png

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/26/2014 11:38 pm

This is so great! I will be a year for me into Dan's regimen tomorrow and I have nothing but love for Dan's products.

MemberMember
(@fare-thee-well)

Posted : 01/27/2014 12:33 am

Congrats Jenaphile!!!!rolleyes.gifcool.pngteehee.gifsurprised.gif

MemberMember
(@wot-once-woz)

Posted : 01/27/2014 3:25 pm

Way to go Jenaphile. It's always good to hear another successful regiment story. I used the reg for a few years as well and it was nothing short of amazing for me. Cleared me up completely. I could never have guessed how good the results would be.

Nowadays I'm lucky enough to say that I'm clear without the need for BP anymore. Thank God. But really it all started here on this site for me. Can never say thank you enough.

If anyone have any questions, please feel free to send me a message. I pop in and out every now and then to see what's new.

Good luck to you all.

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 01/29/2014 4:17 pm

Well since you nice peeps are offering advice and to answer questions, I do have a question. I was going to start a new thread but I'd rather ask here...

If you read the weekly list at the front of the home page, where it says what to expect every week on the regimen, I'm coming out of the 4th week into the 5th and it's happening exactly as the list states. I've been almost totally clear the last two weeks (no new acne) and now into my fifth week, I feel a few new pimples forming. Even though it says to expect it I'm really disappointed! I can feel them forming in places where I used to get my cysts over and over and over. Every time I taste what it feels like to be totally stress-free with my skin they come cropping up again.

I could really go on and on, but long story short- did you guys experience this? I know if you've been on the regimen for 13 years it may be hard to remember the first 5 months, but is it really normal to start breaking out again?

I guess if I'm honest I basically just want reassurance that they really can go away again and it's just part of the whole procedure. I don't really understand why week 5 would cause new acne when I was doing so great. I'm worried it won't go away again.

Thanks to anyone who may respond =)

MemberMember
(@wot-once-woz)

Posted : 01/30/2014 3:16 pm

Well since you nice peeps are offering advice and to answer questions, I do have a question. I was going to start a new thread but I'd rather ask here...

If you read the weekly list at the front of the home page, where it says what to expect every week on the regimen, I'm coming out of the 4th week into the 5th and it's happening exactly as the list states. I've been almost totally clear the last two weeks (no new acne) and now into my fifth week, I feel a few new pimples forming. Even though it says to expect it I'm really disappointed! I can feel them forming in places where I used to get my cysts over and over and over. Every time I taste what it feels like to be totally stress-free with my skin they come cropping up again.

I could really go on and on, but long story short- did you guys experience this? I know if you've been on the regimen for 13 years it may be hard to remember the first 5 months, but is it really normal to start breaking out again?

I guess if I'm honest I basically just want reassurance that they really can go away again and it's just part of the whole procedure. I don't really understand why week 5 would cause new acne when I was doing so great. I'm worried it won't go away again.

Thanks to anyone who may respond =)

Well it has been a long time. but from what i remember it is generally normal. the whole process of your skin getting used to the BP takes time. The highly active acne areas especially take time to calm down fully. Some are real stubborn from what I remember. I used to load up even more bp on those areas as I got so fee up sometimes I remember.

The really active areas tend to take a bit longer to calm down from what I remember for sure. Eventually they will clear if you stick with the regiment to the letter. They will calm down in time.