Notifications
Clear all

How To Get Rid Of Red Marks?

MemberMember
(@poseidongirl)

Posted : 01/23/2014 6:06 pm

Hey guys,

So I've suffered from many years of acne, and now thanks to tazorac I'm 99% clear, but I still have a ton of different little red marks on my face from past acne. I was wondering what success people had have with fading their red marks. I'm currently on tazorac, and I know it's a retinol which is supposed to help, but I'm also using BP, which I've heard can prevent healing, so I was considering going off it. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 01/23/2014 11:25 pm

Hey guys,

So I've suffered from many years of acne, and now thanks to tazorac I'm 99% clear, but I still have a ton of different little red marks on my face from past acne. I was wondering what success people had have with fading their red marks. I'm currently on tazorac, and I know it's a retinol which is supposed to help, but I'm also using BP, which I've heard can prevent healing, so I was considering going off it. Thanks!

I think AHA+ would help heal acne scars, and you can keep using BP under it. This one part from the description supports this, "Glycolic acid (a.k.a. alpha hydroxy acid AHA) powerfully exfoliates and helps bring new skin cells to the surface, which helps the complexion appear smoother." And this really supports my claim and basically spells out how it will help, " The Regimen will get you completely clear. Adding in glycolic acid [(AHA)] will take clear to perfect'." I dont think its a bad idea to try it, its only like $19 and you can always return it within 90 days (3 months!) for a refund if it doesnt help or work.

Also, if you need to use moisturizer for whatever reason, try Olay sensitive moisture therapy lotion, i use it and it helps fade acne scars and even out skin tone and it is very moisturizing and great for sensitive skin- its overall very great and its just an added bonus that it helps acne scars.

Hope I help. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@poseidongirl)

Posted : 01/24/2014 6:45 am

Thanks! Where can I get glycolic acid?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/24/2014 5:15 pm

i def recommend aha for hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 01/24/2014 9:19 pm

Thanks! Where can I get glycolic acid?

I linked the first "AHA+" in my reply to the product from here on acne.org. Ill put the actual link below. I highly recommend you get this specific AHA product because Dan (acne.org creator) made it and fixes it according to what the actual users and acne sufferers think about it, like about it, and dislike about it. There are different types of AHA out there, which all do basically the same thing, but have different effects on skin. This "AHA+" product is made for acne prone skin and Dan knows how gentle skin care products have to be for people like us who cannot have our skin irritated ad need effectiveness; its made specifically for acne prone skin, to help acne, prevent acne, and to not irritate the skin too much or create effects that will make our acne and skin problems worse.

Good luck!

http://store.acne.org/single-items/aha/6-oz-aha-10-glycolic-acid-licochalcone

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)