Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 01/23/2014 1:07 am

Please help!!!! I can't find a moisturizer!!!! Tried acne.org etc etc........ Not sure if it's working or causing clogged pores. My hormonal is cleared up but now I'm getting small pimples lower jaw/cheek area!!! How long should I give a moisturizer? Especially if it doesn't itch or burn....... Thought this one would work it felt good going on.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/23/2014 2:09 am

are you following the entire acneorg. regime ? moisturiser seems to really be a product that might work for one person and cause another a complete acne disaster ! i actually use the body shops vitamin e night cream both morning and night as well as switching it up with neutrogenas oil free sensitive skin moisturiser and these have been the ONLY 2 moisturiser that don't break me out and I've tried a million! if your using a treatment cream it might be that if not id give your face a few days break and try out a different moisturiser. you shouldn't be breaking out from a moisturiser. I found if i use a moisturiser that doesn't work for my skin it breaks out in these little flesh coloured bumps ? like clogged pores as soon as i stop it goes away. I think you just have to keep looking for a new moisturiser unless its from your cleansing or treatment?

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 01/23/2014 12:31 pm

I use neutrogena anti wrinkle anti blemish cleanser (have off and on for years) and I spot treat with BP. After 1 1/2 of being on bactrim and spiro my face is pretty clear but now trying to find a moisturizer I'm getting more small pimples. Mine is def hormonal.

MemberMember
(@user143021)

Posted : 01/23/2014 7:05 pm

If normal moisturizers break you out, you could try using an alcohol-free witch hazel toner like Thayers and use plain aloe vera afterwards. Both of those are really gentle. I do this often with no problems, though I do not have sensitive skin. The only face moisturizer I can use without breaking out is St. Ives Collagen Elastin formula. I like it because it's really light. (:

You don't need to give moisturizers any time. They either break you out or they don't.

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 01/24/2014 9:52 pm

What is dim? Also, does just using the witch hazel and aloe moisturize we'll. I'm not extremely dry only where I apply the bp spot treatment.

Do you use 100% aloe and is it juice or gel and where so you get thayers?

One more question. Just went on Amazon to order thayers witch hazel and there are a ton without alcohol aloe and lemon, aloe etc etc!,,,

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 02/04/2014 11:43 pm

As of 3 days ago I'm now cleansing and then using alcohol free witch hazel.... So far so good but still dry in areas. Bought all the ingredients- glycerin, aloe, jojoba and I'm going to try a DIY recipes someone posted on here. I'd like to try it on one area of my face before putting it all over. Has anyone else tried this?

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 02/05/2014 12:00 am

try DML. My derm recommended it and I will never buy anything else ever again. It's light and absorbs quickly, never burns even if your skin is dehydrated. Perfect for acne or sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 02/06/2014 12:49 am

Thank you. I just ordered the dml,

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 02/13/2014 1:47 am

Live the dml but think I'm having reaction to it..... Ugh!!! Feeling desperate! Think it may be the sunscreen but who knows.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 02/13/2014 8:52 pm

Hmm thats strange. What kind of reaction are you getting? Try discontinuing both then adding them back 1 at a time to see which one causes the reaction.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 02/16/2014 8:51 am

I have very sensitive skin, currently clearing on Spiro and Doxy. My skin has balanced out since adding in DDF Glycolic toner after washing, treat with BP and then use a few small pumps of Cerave PM. All the other moisturizers break me out as well. I've tried Cetaphil, other Cerave lines, lachydrin 5, clean and clear, you name it. So far this is very light. The glycolic really is the savior in removing dead skin cells while keeping hydrated. Witch hazel I tried but despite the fact its not suppose to dry you out, it does for me.

Hope this helps :-)

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 02/21/2014 12:21 am

Where do you get the toner?

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 02/21/2014 10:00 am

I use DDF Glycolic Toning Complex. You can find it at the skinstore.com, amazon.com, at the DDF website. It's a little pricey, but honestly when it comes to my face and treatment and I tend to splurge. Others on this board have used the Aqua Glycolic toner which is a bit more affordable and others I have seen use the toner in the Proactiv kit. Really helps get rid of that extra layer of dead skin, makeup, oil before your treatment without drying. Witch hazel just dried up my skin even though it is not suppose to.

Where do you get the toner?