So I Just Started A...

Notifications
Clear all

So I Just Started Aha..

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 01/23/2014 12:40 am

Hey guys so i just started my AHA, i mixed it with 1 pump moisturizer and like 1/4 AHA. It felt so nice on my face, what surprised me was i didnt feel a little stinging or anything like that. Is that normal? I hope i dont break out tomorrow tho. Im on my 10th week of the regimen and i only have liiiittle bumps that aren't even obvious. Wish me luck guys. :)

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 01/23/2014 2:19 am

It's good that you're starting slow - if you keep it at a good even pace then you might never have to deal with the stinging. I've been using it for 2 months now and it still stings a little, but I have really sensitive skin. It's an amazing product though! I have asian skin so my cheeks are COVERED with hyperpigmentation. These last 2 months, they have faded so dramatically that I wish I started using it sooner! I've still got a long way to go, but I love this product cause it gives you VISIBLE results quickly.

I did get a mini breakout when I started the AHA, but it was just an ordinary one, nothing out of control like when you start a new med or sth. :/

Good luck!

Trudie liked
MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 01/23/2014 3:16 pm

It's good that you're starting slow - if you keep it at a good even pace then you might never have to deal with the stinging. I've been using it for 2 months now and it still stings a little, but I have really sensitive skin. It's an amazing product though! I have asian skin so my cheeks are COVERED with hyperpigmentation. These last 2 months, they have faded so dramatically that I wish I started using it sooner! I've still got a long way to go, but I love this product cause it gives you VISIBLE results quickly.

I did get a mini breakout when I started the AHA, but it was just an ordinary one, nothing out of control like when you start a new med or sth. :/

Good luck!

Yay for AHA :) i have asian skin too! My cheeks are literally filled with blemishes, red marks and stuff. Can i ask a follow up question how much did you put AHA in your face and how many times a week did you use it that made you break out? Is it okay to use it every night? Or should i just start at 2x a week in the first week and then continue to using it every night in the following week?

MemberMember
(@whoozy)

Posted : 01/23/2014 9:43 pm

I used a drugstore brand of aha (alpha hydrox) and noticed as soon as I combined them that it turned runny. Did anyone notice this? Also how long did it take for you guys to see results with the aha.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 01/24/2014 12:17 am

I used a drugstore brand of aha (alpha hydrox) and noticed as soon as I combined them that it turned runny. Did anyone notice this? Also how long did it take for you guys to see results with the aha.

Yea mine too was runny when i mixed it with moisturizer but the good thing is it didnt sting on my face

Whoozy liked
MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 01/24/2014 9:22 am

Good luck!

Yay for AHA smile.png i have asian skin too! My cheeks are literally filled with blemishes, red marks and stuff. Can i ask a follow up question how much did you put AHA in your face and how many times a week did you use it that made you break out? Is it okay to use it every night? Or should i just start at 2x a week in the first week and then continue to using it every night in the following week?

I started with about 1/4 AHA and 3/4 moisturiser every other night, and then the week after that 1/2 AHA and 1/2 moisturiser every other night, then the week after that I did half and half every night and the 4th week I started using just AHA every other night and from then on I slowly worked up to about 5x a week with full AHA. I think I started off slow enough, but I always get initial breakouts so I'm not too surprised I had one with AHA. I'd say start at like 3-4x in your first week and work your way up to every night. It all depends on how your skin reacts. If your skin can handle it there's no reason to not to increase the amount of AHA you use!

You can use AHA every night! I personally don't because I find my face gets a little red after like 7 days of using it even after all this time hence 5x week.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 01/25/2014 9:01 pm

I've been using AHA now for the 3rd night. I use it every night. Half AHA and half moisturizer. So far so good, i didnt break out from it. I hope i stop breaking up real soon. My acne is just stoping me from doing something outdoors like getting a job. Im on the 11th week on the regimen now. Fingers crossed